It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: NATO planning to replace UN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Putin: NATO planning to replace UN

www.presstv.ir

Russia's President Vladimir Putin has accused NATO of planning to replace the United Nations, saying such moves would only lead to escalation.

"You get the impression that attempts are being made to set up an organization that would substitute for the UN," Putin said on Saturday.

"I believe the potential for conflict would only increase," the Russian leader added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Is it just me or do the gloves seem to come off on a Saturday and folks start saying what they really feel? He's on his way out so it appears Putin isn't mincing words today.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit: added second source KNX 1070 News

[edit on 8-3-2008 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Now that he mentions it... It's not far-fetched. I think Russians don't want to become Americanized and don't want to become a banana republic either. They still have enough fire-power to destroy the planet and they might be the last line of defense against American Imperialism. The greatest danger to the world is to have only one super-power, regardless of which one it is. It's good to see Russia flexing its muscles, hopefully this can add to the peace process.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Putin never minces words. When the British govt tried to get Putin to change Russia's Constitution, Putin told them "You need to fix your heads." He says things like this all the time.

I do believe Putin has Russia's best interests at heart and he sure is popular in Russia, with 87% approval rating. Putin also tried to warn us about 9/11, but was ignored. When he says something, I don't think he's just blowing hot air.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
He sures understand. But not the right way... UN is gonna be the NATO body. UN giving prices to China for their eugenics programs, UN coupable in slave trade, sterelisation vaccines...

I'm pretty sure that Russia is against the NWO, thanks to Putin. He's bad, but not as bad as the NWO, so we can consider him an ally if it really comes to bad things... like mass murder and EU-NAU tyranny.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Putin seems eager to cause conflict and possibly wars. Gotta wonder why.

top topics

join