It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these contrails or "chemtrails"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I took these about a week ago because it appeared there were more "trails" in the sky that day than I normally notice. I am not that well versed on "trails" so I wanted to see what you thought.

I've included the resized pictures for viewing on the thread and also links to the larger one's. The one "trail" that is vertical is kinda weird because it is feathered near the top of the pictures. What would cause this? There was also a day this week (Wednesday I think) that when I was driving in the morning I saw the most "trails" that I've ever seen in the sky at once. This was over about a 40 minute period from 7:00 - 8:00 or so. There were probably 3 to 5 times more "trails" that did not disspate than I've ever seen. I did not have a camera that day though. There was also a weird rainbow in the sky too. Here you go:

Picture #1:
Link to larger Picture #1 (photobucket)

Picture #2:
Link to larger picture #2 (photobucket)

Picture #3:
Link to larger picture #3 (photobucket)

Picture #4 (close up of "feathered" part):
Link to larger picture #4 (photobucket)

Is there anything noteworthy about these and what kind of "trails" do you think they are? Thanks.

Mo out

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
If you believe in chemtrails, they are chemtrails which only started appearing in the mid 1990s.

On the other hand, experienced meteorologists and others will recognise them as normal contrails and associated cirrus clouds which sometimes linger like this due to atmospheric conditions - a phenomena that has been observed and studied in detail for many decades.

It all depends on who you believe?

But many of us are concerned such contrails are having an effect on weather and climate, and some might even argue that the idea of chemtrails is a disinformation exercise aimed at deflecting attention and concern amongst the public away from the real, more serious, issue.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by Essan]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
If you believe in chemtrails, they are chemtrails which only started appearing in the mid 1990s.

On the other hand, experienced meteorologists and others will recognise them as normal contrails and associated cirrus clouds which sometimes linger like this due to atmospheric conditions - a phenomena that has been observed and studied in detail for many decades.

It all depends on who you believe?

But many of us are concerned such contrails are having an effect on weather and climate, and some might even argue that the idea of chemtrails is a disinformation exercise aimed at deflecting attention and concern amongst the public away from the real, more serious, issue.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by Essan]

Stop and look. They are spraying. No if and's or but's. It is happening and there is a cover up of epic proportions.

look in the skies. your eyes don't lie.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by utmostbastard

The meteorologists have got plenty of evidence chemtrails don't exist. What have the chemtrail believers got?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
soo many of these threads!
The one thing I cannot wrap my head around is how there can be two planes flying at the same altitude(in formation) and only one creating a contrail that spreads like that.
Another thing that has not been addressed, is the black line phenomenon associated with the contrailVSchemtrail argument.

normal

contrast enhancement

Ive been looking for answers on this for a while now, if anyone has any info please u2u me, I hate thinking there are chemtrails and at this point ill even accept disinformation... j/k but seriously, u2u me if this has a simple explanation I've merely overlooked.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
The meteorologists have got plenty of evidence chemtrails don't exist. What have the chemtrail believers got?

Meteorologists don't have $#*%
The behavior of contrails would NOT be that different from chemtrails... this is just lazy logic that people use to discredit chemtrails.

But it's true, we do not have solid proof that chemicals are being sprayed. Just ground and water studies which prove foreign chemicals have been sown... and that itself is alarming.

But yeah, there is no way to tell from a picture what is going on. That's why the chemtrail issue is never going to die. If there are chemtrails, we won't be able to prove it, and simply saying that all trails are contrails does not disprove anything either.

Dead horse.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Good. I don't ever wanna see another chemtrail thread again!

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Those are deffinitly chemtrails. Ive studied this for the better part of seven years here in the arizona desert. Its happening and on a global scale dont let anyone tell you otherwise, the evidence is overwhelming.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
soo many of these threads!
The one thing I cannot wrap my head around is how there can be two planes flying at the same altitude(in formation) and only one creating a contrail that spreads like that.
Another thing that has not been addressed, is the black line phenomenon associated with the contrailVSchemtrail argument.

normal

contrast enhancement

Ive been looking for answers on this for a while now, if anyone has any info please u2u me, I hate thinking there are chemtrails and at this point ill even accept disinformation... j/k but seriously, u2u me if this has a simple explanation I've merely overlooked.

Does anyone have anything on this "black line" phenomenon? I too have seen this and wondered what the hell is that. C'mon someone speak up.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The 'black line phenomena' is simply a shadow

www.atoptics.co.uk...

www.weatherscapes.com...

contrailscience.com...

top topics

join