It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is not a chemtrail! Atmospheric Phenomenen explained

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have seen a few of these things posted by some users, claiming that they are from the government spraying chemicals into our atmosphere and frankly I have had a gutful. So I am posting pictures with explanations so hopefully some of you will take not and maybe be more aware of the REAL process in which these beautiful atmopsheric phenomene are formed

First is irdescent clouds or iriastion. This occurs when small uniform water droplets or ice crystals diffract sunlight causing a brilliant array of colurs to appear in the cloud. Commonly occurs in altocumulus and cirroform clouds when the cloud is in its formation phase. Example in link

apollo.lsc.vsc.edu...

Secondly is the sundog phenomena....and no it is not Nibiru or Planet X people, nor is it created by humans. Sundogs occur when sunlight passes through horizontal plate ice crystals in cirroform clouds. They are commonly seen when the sun is low on the horizon. Example below

www.polarbearalley.com...

Third up is the halo. There are many types of halo so I wont go into too much depth. Halos occur when ice diffracts light. Different angles of the ice make different patterns, from full cirlces around the sun or moon, to tangent arcs. Halos are actually more common than and are most often seen in cirrostratus cloud. The example is of a parhelic circle halo, which is often seen with sundogs

www.stormeyes.org...

Fourth is Nacreous and Noctilucent clouds. These are unlike the other cloud types because they lie in the stratosphere rather than the troposphere (which is where normal clouds are found) Both can be brilliant colours, and are still visible after the sun has set. They are both seen at the higher latitudes but have been known to be seen as far south as Utah. First example is a Nacreous cloud and the second is a Noctilucent cloud

www.physics.otago.ac.nz...

www.dundeecity.gov.uk...

So there you go, these are all natural and have nothing to do with the government poisoning us. Please note that the halos and sundogs do form in contrails from aircraft as the exhaust freezes in the super cool environent. Also take note that contrails do persist and spread across the sky in some cases. In the meteorological world, a contrail is reported as cirrus cloud when it is still visble after half an hour. So to all those that say contrails dissipate.....you are wrong :p

:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here is something I forgot

Number five is hole punch cloud. No it is not formed when a UFO takes of through it and it is not a cloaked UFO. There are a couple of causes. The first is that ice crystals from the cirrus cloud fall as virga (which is precipitaion not reaching the ground) and "punching through a layer of altocumulus. The second is caused by rising and sinking air which penetrates the cloud layer. It can also be caused by jets dispersing the cloud as they pass through the cloud layer. Punch hole clouds occur in cirrocumulus and altocumulus

contrailscience.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Thanks for going thru the effort of collecting all this info into one place.

It is very imformative and I think will answer a lot of questions people have been asking!

Great job!

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Wow! I didn't see one photo that even comes close to what a
chemtrail looks like. And you suddenly come along and you have
explained to the whole world what they are or aren't. I guess
"case closed" because you have solved the entire phenom.
Thanks a lot.

ZOOMER

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Great reference thread. I had never seen pictures of a hole punch cloud, and if I ever saw one I would have freaked! Now i will be prepared and knowledgeable about what caused it

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ZOOMER

All I did was post stuff that other people have called chemtrails or related to government controlling the weather.

Did I say anywhere in the post that I would post a chemtrail/ contrail photo and explain it? No, I didnt. The whole purpose of the thread is to show unusual atmospheric phenomenen that the general public no very little about. I am showing this stuff, so that if people see something in the sky that they are unsure about, then they dont have to automatically assume that it is the NWO or planet x or whatever.

Maybe you should read the whole thread before you post BS like that

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed
Great reference thread. I had never seen pictures of a hole punch cloud, and if I ever saw one I would have freaked! Now i will be prepared and knowledgeable about what caused it

Yeah, its something that I only found out about a few months back....pretty unusual stuff, especially when you get an almost perfect circle

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZOOMER
chemtrail looks like. And you suddenly come along and you have
explained to the whole world what they are or aren't. I guess
"case closed" because you have solved the entire phenom.
Thanks a lot.

ZOOMER

Wow. What a nasty attitude.

He didnt just come along. LOL He has tried explaining over and over because he knows what he is talking about.

Why dont you create a thread (since you are a chemtrail expert) and present to us all the facts of why what we see are chemtrails.

I look forward to your contribution on the 'other side' of the subject.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZOOMER
chemtrail looks like.

Could you perhaps produce a photo of what a chemtrail looks like then? Because in many years of studying atmospheric phenomena and alleged chemtrails I've yet to see anything that cannot be otherwise explained.

I'd assume any pictures to be accompanied by serious explanation as to why they cannot be know meteorological phenomena

Here's your chance to prove that hundreds of thousands of experts are wrong

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Kudos

Starred and flgged. This is an excellent reference.

Zoomer, I too want to see what exactly your kind of Chemtrail looks like.

Every post I have ever seen is a contrail.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This is to OZweatherman and others on this thread.

First off, I do indeed owe you an apology. Stupid me DID NOT
read the title very close. I thought you were saying that chemtrails
didn't exist. I haven't had my cup of mud for the day yet.

Having said that, I am in the process of trying to find a very good
link that will explain the difference between contrails and chemtrails.
When I can dig it up I will post it on here. If is fairly lenghty, so I
may have to do it in two parts if the Mods will allow so. It contains
at least a hundred or so pictures of alledged chemtrails from literally
all over the planet. It also goes into detail about what possibly could
be inside of these chemtrails, as the link describes a number of chemicals
that are supposedly in these.

Please accept my apologies, and I will try to have my coffee before
I try to jump on the wagon next time.

ZOOMER

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I don't know anything about chemtrails and only a little about contrails, but I know these pictures are realllllly cool! And I can only imagine what primitive cultures thought of strange things in the sky. The aurora borealis must have made them change their furry panties (heh). I know I was captivated the first time I saw it (in Vermont).

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So what's the consensus on trails that are seen exiting the rear of unmarked aircraft, and left lingering for hours?

Just more atmospheric phenomena?

I could make a thread with various phenomena in the sky called 'THESE ARE NOT UFO's'

but that would be a poor way to explain actual UFO phenomena, wouldn't it?

Chemtrails are an issue I believe separates the trusting from the wary. Some of us are wary enough about the government to know that they are spraying chemicals in the sky... and we accept the evidence that suggest this.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
seriously I hate this subject. Only because tons of trails traverse my skies, and I have no idea who to believe.
I keep trying to believe its just contrails, but then everything I read contradicts the kind of things I witness.
What makes me curious about this issue, is that I used to find these trails in google earth imaging, but lately I have found none. Are they airbrushing out the trails? If so, what for?

maybe ill just join the Air Force...find out for myself.
or maybe thats their plan! ARGH! j/k but seriously, anyone else see any trails on GE lately?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Did I say anywhere in the post that I would post a chemtrail/ contrail photo and explain it? No, I didnt.

I am glad that you clarified that.

It is an important point.

Good luck on your search, Zoomer!

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ZOOMER

Hi Zoomer,

Here is a link to a great site re the chemtrail/contrail controversy. There's another one I'll dig up for you, as well.

www.chemtrailcentral.com...

I think you'll be able to make your point.
Best,
WMB

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hi again, Zoomer:

Here's that other site I made reference to:

www.carnicom.com...

Lots of information here. Lab testing, scary results; diseases. Fascinating yet disturbing.

Best,

WMB

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
And as a counter to those sites, to be "fair and balanced" LOL

CONTRAIL SCIENCE

Lots of information like pictures, historical facts, testing, etc etc. Showing that what we are seeing are not chemtrails....but contrails

[edit on 7-3-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheresmybentonite
Hi again, Zoomer:

Here's that other site I made reference to:

www.carnicom.com...

Lots of information here. Lab testing, scary results; diseases. Fascinating yet disturbing.

Best,

WMB

Below is another link with many photographs containing chemtrails also.

Yes they do exist as can be seen with the naked eye on an unfortunately almost constant basis now. Much disinfo and deflection pertains to this topic. It is a cover-up of epic proportions!

imageevent.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I saw "contrailscience.com" posted again so it's only fair I post these again:

Local NBC 4 reporting from San Bernardino California: People are reportedly seeing a "yellow dust" on everything & getting sick with a doc's testimony correlating with respiratory ailments amongst other things:
www.youtube.com...

Here's another News report from Arkansas where a man collected the particles from one of the trails that was falling, had it analyzed which came back to have 3x's the normal amount of Barium then in a normal contrail:
www.youtube.com...

I love the semantics game of the thread too btw

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join