It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain Killed 167 US Navy sailors?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Can you please cite your source for where you came to the conclusion that it was McCain that killed the Nvay crewman?

I went to the source you provided and there is nothing there, other than the quote about McCain hearing a sound. What investigator concluded McCain caused the explosion?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

His "worse" day was nothing compared to the 168 sailors whose "last" day may have been his fault.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I believe that it is very interesting that from a few websites (of which not all are credible sources) someone can point a finger cruelly at somebody. Were you there? Can you find me one person WHO WAS who will tell us exactly what happened? I sincerely doubt that it went down this way. And considering how dangerously they all lived back then, I would consider it an accident, if it did actually happen. Certainly tragic. I doubt that any of those pilots ever showboated again, because they needed somthing tragic to learn from.

However, I would like to point out that McCain has been in office for quite some time now. You may not agree with ANYTHING that he believes in, but at least he had the guts in him to fight (for most of his life) for what he believes in. He could have passed the buck to some other schmuck, so they could fight a war in Vietnam that wasn't even popular. But he didn't. What have you done for what you believe in? Post propaganda? Oh, that is impressive.

As for those of you who believe that McCain is all about killing Americans and Iraqis in this war, you could not be farther off the mark, especially considering that his own sons are serving in the military. And one of them has been to Iraq and is going back. President Bush's warmongering put us in Iraq. If we were to stage an immediate pullout, not only would it be a logistical NIGHTMARE, it would cause all of the hard work that the Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen have put into helping to stabilize the country so that we can leave safely. It would dishonor the blood, sweat and tears that our servicemembers have left there, and cheapen the American stance. Al Qaeda would believe that they had forced us to leave, and that would only make them more confident in finding ways to disgrace the American image.

Of course, they don't have to. You are already accomplishing that yourself by showing how ignorant you are in posting this drivel. Find something more honorable to do....soon.

SARAH MAXWELL

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If the Vietnamese wanted to release POW McCain, all they had to do was throw him out of prison and send him back to South Viet Nam. I don't see why they would have asked McCain's opinion on it.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
John McCain is off his rocker.
I believe he has been his whole life hiding behind that mask.

These people are insane.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I don't get it. Why look at something that happened 41 years ago to judge a man's ability to take office today?

Not that I support him, though.

Because if he had learned from it and grown, he could talk about it. Instead, he pretends he is an american hero for crashing another plane and getting caught afterward. Why does he not address the four planes and many dead men underneath his poor judgement? Perhaps because he has no redeeming things to say 41 years later.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
My husband was on the Forrestal when she blew! We had a newborn son who is now serving in Stuttgart btw. It was an awful time as I didn't know for days if he was even alive which fortunately he was. It was horrible; among other things, one friend went to put out a fire and there was an explosion! They identified dear TJ with dental records! I couldn't cook meat, hamburger especially for years! Anyway, when I read about the mccain 'incident' years later I went ballistic that he wasn't charged with murder or something! I emailed and snail mailed, called him and others to find out why to no avail. Then started following his career and must say I thought last year he and ted kennedy (birds of a feather) should have been fired (contacted them and told 'em so too; many times) and was flabbergasted at him being nominated for POTUS! Don't know why.
Seems to me like both candidates are hand picked and neither are the change America needs.

I think it's about time to hunker down
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-10-2008 by AmericanDaughter]

[edit on 25-10-2008 by AmericanDaughter]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

Which McCain "incident" are you referring to?

You surely couldn't mean the one referred to by the OP in the OP, as that has been proven very comprehensively to be a lie.

So is it any wonder you received no reply. Or perhaps you should feel lucky that you didn't receive a summons by way of a reply. Defamation and libel are serious crimes.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I don't get it. Why look at something that happened 41 years ago to judge a man's ability to take office today?

Not that I support him, though.

I don't get it, look at something that one of the candidates associates did over 40 years ago to judge a man's ability to take office today?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
www.factcheck.org...

I'm not a supporter, but this should be conclusive evidence that this thread is false...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think that virtually all Obama supporters, including myself, accept this thread as nothing but a distortion and fabrication -- probably to "get even" for all the mud that has been slung at Obama.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

McCain is my favorite republican, even though I am voting / have already voted for Obama. McCain seems like a very decent guy and I won't be crying if he wins the Presidential election. Not at all.

Edit: With all the heat and extremism of this political season, it is hard to remember that this election is basically about whether to take a SLIGHTLY more liberal or conservative approach to governance, and not much more than that.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Mcinsane is a crazy son of a you know what.

I think he should be in prison for what he has done through out his life.

Ron Paul is the only person I could ever vote for.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Aside from whatever the truth is, did McCain graduate at the very bottom of his class, crash at least 4 planes before getting shot down ? I am not downplaying his service and POW time but it is hard to overlook incompetence and poor judgement, to me this should have been examined in a report on FOX if it hasn't been because there is a lot of conflicting information out there about this.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
Aside from whatever the truth is, did McCain graduate at the very bottom of his class, crash at least 4 planes before getting shot down ? I am not downplaying his service and POW time but it is hard to overlook incompetence and poor judgement, to me this should have been examined in a report on FOX if it hasn't been because there is a lot of conflicting information out there about this.

You know what? If John McCain hadn't grown in maturity over his life, and was stuck in some sort of arrested youth, I would agree with you 100%.

But one of the things I really like about McCain is that he was changed by the extraordinary events in his life -- for the better. I really respect that about him.

I think the same is true about Obama, also.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

Er, the answer you would be looking for would be "No". Had you bothered to follow any of the links that people have thrown up during this thread, you would know what that.

This one:

Originally posted by nj2day
www.factcheck.org...

I'm not a supporter, but this should be conclusive evidence that this thread is false...

for example, could have told you the answer...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

John McCain Killed 167 US Navy sailors?

McCain’s most horrendous loss occurred in 1967 on the USS Forrestal.
Well, not horrendous for him. The starter motor switch on the A4E
Skyhawk allowed fuel to pool in the engine. When the aircraft was
“wet-started,” an impressive flame would shoot from the tail. It was
one of the ways young hot-shots got their jollies. Investigators and
survivors took the position that McCain deliberately wet-started to
harass the F4 pilot directly behind him. The cook off launched an M34
Zuni rocket that tore through the Skyhawk’s fuel tank, released a
thousand pound bomb, and ignited a fire that killed the pilot plus 167
men. Before the tally of dead and dying was complete, the son and
grandson of admirals had been transferred to the USS Oriskany.

this is total bulls**t and the films and it investigations of the fire AND the after fire investigations of the cause prove this.
en.wikipedia.org...
video.google.com... m=4&ct=title#
video.google.com... m=4&ct=title#emb=0&q=cause%20of%20uss%20forrestal%20fire%20video
video.google.com... m=4&ct=title#emb=0&q=cause%20of%20uss%20forrestal%20fire%20video
www.navy.mil...

Investigators and survivors took the position that McCain deliberately wet-started

This is what navy investigation found.
www.youtube.com...
video.aol.com...

now QUOTE the names of these Investigators and survivors.
because we vets CAN find out if they are real.
Operation Stolen Valor can check the records of the military and the VA to tell where and if someone was in the military and where and when they stationed anywhere.
this even applies to those "secret ops" types.
and we have outed more then a few faker's with stories like the one above.

1 McCain deliberately wet-started to harass the F4 pilot directly behind him.

Could not have happened there was no plane behind McCain's plane.
all the planes have the tail pointed overboard during engine start and warm-up. THIS is a old navy safety practice on jets because of engine failures during starts like wet starts and turbine blade and rotor failure
wet starts are most often caused by fuel system or igniter failure and are likely to cause a explosive engine failure. IE blade failure.

It was one of the ways young hot-shots got their jollies

You may have known of air force pilots at land bases fields doing this.
but on a crowded navy flight deck no pilot would ever think of doing this it could easily kill some one.
Also any navy carrier pilot caught doing a wet start would first be forever grounded,
lose his wings
face court marshal
and a less then honorable discharge.

And if the navy did not do this (remember this was during the vietnam war)
one of the sailors that the pilots had endangered by doing a wet start would have done the navy version of fragging.
(That was bouncing a dogging wrench off the pilots head and dumping the body overboard.)

McCain deliberately wet-started to harass the F4 pilot directly behind him

All F4s were across the flight deck in FRONT of the skyraiders.

The cook off launched an M34 Zuni rocket that tore through the Skyhawk’s fuel tank

THERE IS NO M34 Zuni rocket
There is a MK 32 Zuni rocket and since in this case they where inside a LAU-10 rocket pod holding four rockets they could not have COOKED OFF without the pod being on fire and everyone working around them seeing a large fire.
en.wikipedia.org...

This is a very badly done and stupid try at swift boating McCain

And this is stupid because it makes Obama and the democrats look stupid to the over 400,000+ ex US NAVY sailors that know the story of the USS Forrestal fire.

Every US navy sailor since this 1967 fire has been highly trained as a firefighter.
and every navy firefighting school shows the films and the investagation if the USS Forrestal fire at the start of every new class or refresher course.
I have even used the USS Forrestal fire films in training civilian firefighters at the fire departments i worked at

anned
EX US Navy USS Enhance MSO 437
ex civilian firefighter/EMT

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Yeah, I have to agree. I've seen the details of his flight records, and even the worst depictions of his days while flying do not claim he caused this accident (that is, by any reputable sources).

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
All I can think of to say is Weak Sauce.. simply Weak Sauce. At least John McCain doesn't have 4 or 5 different names.. to me that would instantly signal that he can't be trusted as el capitano (see Barry Soetoro, et al). Did McCain ever lie to the Supreme Court of Illinois?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join