It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warship built from salvaged 9/11 steel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

star from me because it made me spit up my drink lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Interesting gaffe with the actual christening of the USS New York..

I'd say a rare clip that will be removed sooner than later...

player.clipsyndicate.com...

An omen of the worst kind for ANY sailor..thoughts?

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
could this be the reason the steel was removed from the wtc-7 site so quickly? this is ironic in a way. instead of using the steel for a PEACE monument or something that doesnt kill, the americans undeniably decide to use the steel to build a machine of WAR.
why?
[edit on 5-3-2008 by SuperSlovak]

They only took 7.5 tons of steel, are you trying to say that the whole inside job was done by only modifying 7.5 tons of steel for the entire complex?

No one stepped up and asked for any of the steel to build a peace memorial, had they done so I am sure they would have been given it.

BTW, in order to ensure that the steel would be as strong as the rest of the ship, they melted it down and added some minerals to it. So, there should be no worries about the bow being a weak point.

I can't believe that there are actually people here who are opposed to naming a ship in honor of those who sacrificed themselves on that terrible day. Regardless of what you believe, people still died and this is a fitting memorial to them.

OKAY, but technically they should do something called an investiation before any material is taken away from the scene,
but i guess you dont need an investigation when a giant plane crashes into a building according to bush.

but george bush is above the law as we all know, so thanks to him nobody knows what evidence was beneath the rubble because it was all taken away to make a warship.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
crazy, I must have put my thread on this in the wrong place.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
the bush administration will be the end of america. 9/11 was the template.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
BLUERAJA

Just out of curiousity why did the US develop WMD - For defence ?
As for Saddam - Who put him there in the first place ? -
Along with Al qaeda -Now who trained them ?

"But you can't have peace without being prepared for war" - Only in your opinion -

Which nation is the only nation to drop the big bomb ? urrmmm let me see.

Peace will come when we can ALL see the truth ..........................

As for the steel well they can do what they like with it as they do with your liberties and freedom..............................

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Punching a hole in the hull and sinking from water getting in is far different than what Ivan was talking about with the comparison to the WTC.

A tiny lightweight aluminum Zero punching a HOLE in a battleship.. BWAHAH ..Who's side are you on, Griff? Little single engine prop planes cannot damage Warships! Hell, ask anyone in the Navy; fires and planes crashing into their Steel vessles are No_Big_Deal.

Unless you think that those planes that caught fire weakened the steel enough for the hull to implode and then sink? Do you?

Now, if the Japanese had some slightly larger planes, who knows, perhaps those larger faster aircraft could cause some damage to steel, but no one can tell for sure, not even the most experienced researchers... Zeros punching holes in steel hulls..heh. What a crazy conspiracy theory!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana
Well thats stupid to build a warship out of WTC steel.

One small fire in the gully and the whole ship will collapse.

That was so hysterical I popped the shell of lurking all these years and signed up!

Awesome..

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Nice pics. Thanks for posting them.

Does the bottle not breaking during ceremony hold any superstition

I wonder where its first live combat will take place.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taxi-Driver
Now, if the Japanese had some slightly larger planes, who knows, perhaps those larger faster aircraft could cause some damage to steel, but no one can tell for sure, not even the most experienced researchers... Zeros punching holes in steel hulls..heh. What a crazy conspiracy theory!

Although not from a zero, but here is your answer. And yes. They know for sure.

upload.wikimedia.org...

Funny how the scene changes when it suits some's needs.

When people claim that aluminum aircraft can't puncture steel, we get the photo posted above in return.

But, when a "truther" says that aluminum planes can puncture a steel ship's hull, it is a conspiracy theory?

[edit on 3/6/2008 by Griff]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

I don't get it either unless it was some kind of bad joke. I don't think "truthers" are supposed to be able to be witty, though, and that was probably one of the many flavors of sarcasm and vitriol that are excreted here in response.

Whoever originally posted it, that really was a pretty lame comparison, if we can't even compare any other steel framed buildings to the WTC towers and yet someone is trying to point out that a ship that's been hit with a plane can sink? Really? From sinking, right? Like you said, Griff.

If we can really count that as a fair comparison, then I've seen the theory of evolution and ships sunk by kamikazes compared to the WTC towers, but all the 'debunkers' around here still don't want to look too deeply at what happened to the First Interstate Bank or Caracas Tower or any of the others.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Too bad there is nobody left to take revenge on. So us Americans will just have to revenge on the innocent. We will call them terrorists if they cry out in pain. Our steel is hard from all the pounding of angry fists.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by infinityoreilly

Oh yes. It's considered bad luck for the ship if it doesn't break the first time if I remember right. There are any number of things that are considered bad luck. The worst launching I heard of in "recent" years was the Edmund Fitzgerald. She hit the water, smacked into something, and caused a wave to wash over the dock. This caused a bystander to have a fatal heart attack. Later in her career she disappeared with all hands during a bad storm on the Lake while trying to get to shelter. She sank in a matter of seconds.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
if you want peace, prepare for war.

"One cannot subdue a man by holding back his hands. Lasting peace comes not from force."

"There is no way to peace; peace is the way."

"Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people."

"Mankind must remember that peace is not God's gift to his creatures; peace is our gift to each other."

And lastly - "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.", and the guy who said that was assassinated.

p.s; the actual quote that you made was along the lines of "In peace, as a wise man, he should make suitable preparation for war.".

It was made by a fellow called Horace, the poet son of a freed slave back in roman times.

He went to war for the wrong guy, had his estates confiscated, and survived on poetry.

I could comment on how perhaps he was referring to the nessecity of the individual's preparation for war in order to protect his family and land, instead of the State.

Just thought i'd share that.

Anyway, in order not to drive the topic off point, since when did the American Military (i'm purposefully ignoring the difference here) use scrap metal in their warships?

edit:
Anyone have any idea when the short-form of the quote was created?

[edit on 6-3-2008 by Throbber]

[edit on 6-3-2008 by Throbber]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join