It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Google Earth images

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Actually, I'm not entirely sure they're new- but they are labeled as 2008.

Of interest to me is a number of I think new buildings being built onto the salt lake itself.

Also of note is that the big runway that runs down the middle is closed now. Note the X's painted down it.

This shows to me that the base is still active and that any thoughts of things being moved to another base would appear groundless.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
My thoughts are the biggest and most important parts of Are 51 are DEEP underground. Whatever is worth keeping secret and intact in case of war or other unforeseen events will never see the light of day. I know the curiosity eats away on people, best favor you can do yourself is pretend i doesn't even exists. .

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
On Google Earth, look for "more" at the left bottom of the screen. Open it, then find "Digital Globe Coverage." You will see the images are from 2007.

The runway has been X-ed out for years.

Underground? Not likely because it isn't needed.

I have a shot of the new hangar from late November, but it isn't mine nor is it on the net, so I can't post it. The most recent photograph of the new hangar is
www.lazygranch.com... alf_flattened_labtrick.jpg
If the long link doesn't work, the image is at the bottom of this page:
www.lazygranch.com...

The building has light coming out of it at night, so I would venture they have at least two shifts working on it. I expect by the time Tikaboo is free of snow, the building will be complete.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ah, I was going by the 2008 at the bottom of the screen.

I'd also like to thank you for completely destroying my thread!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Nah Area 51 would be under the sea where its quiet and not investigated as much as the land. It would either be a mobile base or one that can surface at night to test things. It be alot more easier than on land.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Nah Area 51 would be under the sea where its quiet and not investigated as much as the land. It would either be a mobile base or one that can surface at night to test things. It be alot more easier than on land.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaNine

Yeah, well, sorry about messing up the thread. However, it's a good idea to keep looking since the data does get updated periodically.

I also suggest saving images of what you find interesting since it may look different as the imagery gets updated. For example, the current imagery has a very low sun angel. Antennas on buildings I never noticed before are now casting shadows. The long shadows indicate relative height of structures.

For reasons I haven't figured out yet, the "pro" imagery analysis people put north at the bottom of the image, which puts the shadows at the bottom. Again, I have no clue why they do this.

new topics

top topics

join