It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Strikes Kill 50 in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Israeli Strikes Kill 50 in Gaza

www.huffingtonpost.com

Israeli troops, tanks and aircraft targeted Gaza militants bombarding southern Israel with rockets and mortars Saturday, killing 50 Palestinians in the deadliest day of fighting in Gaza since Hamas seized control in June.

As many as two dozen civilians died in the fighting, including a baby and a young child. Two Israel soldiers were also killed. Gaza Health Ministry official Dr. Moaiya Hassanain said 160 people were wounded and 14 of them, including a baby, were in critical condition.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have had enough of Israel, as well as my country's (USA) billion dollar yearly support of this terrorist nation. I am well aware that the Palestinians themselves do not help the lack of peace between these two nations, but they do not deal out the destruction and death that Israel does.

Israel should be ashamed of how they wreak destruction on these people, militarily, socially, environmentally, and economically. I am sick to death of Israel's mantra that they are protecting themselves, that THEY are the oppressed people. They obviously learned very little from their past, it is shameful.

This is of course my opinion, and I welcome others.

www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

I have had enough of Israel...

Israel should be ashamed of how they wreak destruction on these people, militarily, socially, environmentally, and economically...
www.huffingtonpost.com

Israel has to do something about the scumbags next door. Why should Israel roll over when they have defeated the Palestinians so thoroughly in all aspects successful warfare-military, Social, Economically...It's too bad the Palestinians cant figure it out.

Why is it OK with you people to support palestine- who never stop with the violence until Israel has had enough and retaliates? Then it's Israels fault? You Hammas supporters seem blind to a huge gorilla in the room. If the damn palestinians would settle down and be a nice bunch of third world animals, then maybe something would go right for them.

Obviously their current course has had no positive effect on their situation...

PS: I read this article today in Reuters. Not Huffingtons often hate spewing site...

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gatordone

Israel has to do something about the scumbags next door. Why should Israel roll over when they have defeated the Palestinians so thoroughly in all aspects successful warfare-military, Social, Economically...It's too bad the Palestinians cant figure it out.

Israel is obviously the superior of the two in terms of military and political power, and how do they wield it? Like barbarians, they treat their neighbors just as they themselves have been treated throughout history.

Why is it OK with you people to support palestine- who never stop with the violence until Israel has had enough and retaliates?

They starve the Palestinians. Did you know that Israel took over the vast majority of water rights leaving it nearly impossible for Palestine to farm? Did you know that Israel prevents Palestinians from getting to work, to the doctor, to school?

I admit Palestine must work harder to achieve peace but they do not do nearly as much damage to Israel as Israel does to them. Israel as the obviously more powerful should stand up and act like a leader rather than a vengeful child. Their policy towards their neighbors will be their undoing.

If the damn palestinians would settle down and be a nice bunch of third world animals, then maybe something would go right for them.

Your pathetic bigotry deserve no answer. While I condemn the action of the STATE of Israel I in no way degrade the PEOPLE of that nation. While there are many I disagree with I realize that there are also many whom I do. Further more everywhere on this planet is there a HUMAN I would be happy to have as my friend.

[edit on 2-3-2008 by Animal]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I love that Animal. The Palestinians blow up schools, school buses, bomb hospitals, bomb clubs and markets, kidnap and kill Israeli women, and when Israel responds... "Evil Jews!"

Yeah, no bias here. Let the Palestinians kill hundreds of school children and women, then when Israel strikes back, "Stop Israel!"

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HHH Is King
I love that Animal. The Palestinians blow up schools, school buses, bomb hospitals, bomb clubs and markets, kidnap and kill Israeli women, and when Israel responds... "Evil Jews!"

Yeah, no bias here. Let the Palestinians kill hundreds of school children and women, then when Israel strikes back, "Stop Israel!"

If you were talking about this issue in a complete reverse you would be correct, but you are not. I am assuming you do not know the figures for Israeli casualties caused by Palestine, do you? Well let me fill you in.

The most recent annual figures (including both military and civilians) show a peaking and a sharp decline: 47 deaths from late September through the end of 2000, 207 deaths in 2001, 452 in 2002, 214 in 2003, and then 118, 42, 32, and 13 from 2004-2007.link

I am not defending any terrorist actions by the Palestinian people but I take issue with how the media, and you, try to portray them as the violent party resonsible for the most death and destruction in the region.

In comparison look at this UN chart comparing Israeli deaths to Palestinian deaths. I think it perfectly illuminates who is responsible for more death and destruction.

link

I do not support Palestinians killing Israelis but I also do not support, i oppose, the behavior of the state of Israel. Their actions have led me to become an Anti-Zionist. While I respect the Jewish nation, I oppose the Israeli State.

[edit on 2-3-2008 by Animal]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I am not defending any terrorist actions by the Palestinian people...

Yes Animal, that's exactly what you are doing again right now...

In comparison look at this UN chart comparing Israeli deaths to Palestinian deaths. I think it perfectly illuminates who is responsible for more death and destruction.

All the more reason for Palestine to knock it off.

I just think that if I walked up to Lennox Lewis and started smacking him around- it wouldnt cause any damage mind you- yelling at him, telling the world what an unjust brute he was, then when he knocked my block clean off I would have proof! But when the world looked at what happened and ignored my plight, what would I do? Personally, I would appologize to Mr Lewis and try to carry on without my block. But if I was Palestinian, I would keep irritating Mr Lewis for a 1,000 years. Waaa!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone

I am not defending any terrorist actions by the Palestinian people...

Yes Animal, that's exactly what you are doing again right now...

Really? How? Rather than just sharing your OPINION why don't you back it up. I have not said ONE thing in support of Palestinian violence yet you say "that is exactly what you are doing". I say to you, I think the reason you attack my message is because you blindly support Israel and see the Palestinians as nothing more than

bunch of third world animals

I just think that if I walked up to Lennox Lewis and started smacking him around- it wouldn't cause any damage mind you- yelling at him, telling the world what an unjust brute he was, then when he knocked my block clean off I would have proof! But when the world looked at what happened and ignored my plight, what would I do? Personally, I would appologize to Mr Lewis and try to carry on without my block. But if I was Palestinian, I would keep irritating Mr Lewis for a 1,000 years. Waaa!

What a painfully inadequate example you have provided for us here. Seeing as how Mr. Lewis has done nothing to you, it would be incredibly STUPID of you to attack him, no? In fact, in your example where the world ignored your "plight", in my mind that would be because you did not have a "plight". In fact you would be the aggressor.

The Palestinian-Israel conflict is much different than you picking on some guy who can kick your ass. This is about a Anglo Colonization of another country, or another peoples home land. Whats more the colonizers treat those they colonized like "third world animals". This colonizing force has the support of the US and Europe in the form of military aid and money.

They take away they rights of those they colonized. They prevent them from working, from going to school, from seeing doctors, from attaining water for irrigation, they destroy their homes on and on.

Frankly, based on your two replys I don't think you even understand what is going on. I think you parrot the "information" you get from the mainstream media. This is not as casual as you try to make it sound. While Both sides bear blame for the violence, Israel is IMHO more responsible for this situation than is Palestine. I do not support Palestinian violence but at the same time Id o not support teh State of Israel.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by Animal]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Sorry, no symthony. I mean, do we go "Stop USA! Leave Japan alone! Just because they attacked you and killed your people and declared war on you!" in the 1940s? No, we counterattacked and nuked close to what, 200,000 people? We killed more Japanese then they killed us but like Israel we were in the right.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Sorry Animal.

There's NO way I'm about to feel anything other then aggressive toward any group that thinks they can justify the intentional targeting of civilians. I don't give a crap about them at all. Even a little.

That really is the bottom line.

From the bottom of my heart, I believe it's true that if a tiny place filled with people that wanted to kill me and my family, regardless of our military status, or any other thing besides our nationality and religion, it's OK to go door to door if necessary to destroy them. If the "world" refused to allow it? Then I'd be forced to starve them all slowly. No tears.

It my seem extreme, or really mean, or bigoted, or whatever- does Israel really have to care what we think?

Not while they live with the fear of death, injury, maiming by people they should have killed a really long time ago.

Frankly, I don't think you'd be so upset if I just added some, "IMHO's."

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gatordone

reply to post by HHH Is King

You have both changed the subject when challenged, how convenient for you. Gatordone I called you on saying I was defending terrorists, which i was not.

Both of you imply that the actions of Israel are just as they are a response to terrorists, however you refuse to see that Israel is guilty of the same crimes you are leveling against Palestine. You also are refusing to see the clear and obvious fact that Israel was formed on Palestinian land not much more that 60 years ago.

I don't mind having differences of opinion, but I do mind willful denial of reality. Continue to support Israel, your opinions mean little to me. Still do not assume I will sit idlely by when you come onto a thread I am in and make such biased, one sided, willfully ignorant comments as those you have made.

new topics

top topics

join