It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Ever: Eyeball Tattoo! Take That Iris Scanners!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

First Ever: Eyeball Tattoo! Take That Iris Scanners!

www.metro.co.uk

What is thought to be the first ever "eyeball tattoo" has been inflicted on a man in Toronto - good news, perhaps, for anyone who ever dreamed of having blue eyes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.news.com.au
www.newsweek.com
www.thesun.co.uk

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
OMG, I would never do that, I don't care how c00l or 1337 it is!

www.metro.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This actually took place last year and didn't have very good results....

The Procedure

The after effects

And can I add that on the second link...the guy that's holding his eye open REALLY needs to get a scrub brush and clean his fingernails...EW

Michelle

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Michelle129]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Getting a tattoo is the exact opposite of trying to avoid detection, whether it's from scanners or people. I wonder when or if there will be a fad to all look exactly like the same small group of people. That is, surgically having yourself modified to look like maybe one or two of the same person. Removing all distinguishing characteristics so you can perfectly blend into the crowed as a completely generic person. Like this guy. The computer generated, statistically average guy:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

sounds like a fad only a chipped generation would buy into.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Some people are so stupid. Just looking at the after pictures and I was kinda hoping he eventually went blind.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It said in one of the comments that, after the procedure the patient rejected the ink and was losing the eye sight.

So I wonder if is any reliable follow up links.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Not likely. One of the guys who had it done has had his eye start to reject the ink and it's not looking pretty.

modblog.bmezine.com...

apc

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Ow! That makes me hurt in my happy place! I'm hesitant to even get Lasik and that's an established practice. Don't screw with your eyes! They have yet to figure out how to replace them if you break them!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
2 things....

1) It doesnt even seem like its worth it. It looks just like a blob. But I understand other people enjoy the uniqueness of it, so thats not my main concern.

2) I dont have a tattoo (although I plan on getting one real soon
) Anyway, but would the ink prevent them from seeing at all? As in would it block their peripheral vision?

apc

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
All light enters the pupil. Besides the inflammation or immune response, or the the person stabbing themselves in the eye with their toothbrush because they're so incredibly stupid, no there should be no risk to vision.

His goal is an entirely blue sclera. While I'm sure it would look cool... ug... no... bad.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Oh okay. Thanks for the insight.

I gotta agree, the "blue eye" isnt something the girls will be flocking to him for...

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

ewww....ouchie.....I see in some links that this is/was done to fix defects such as a person with a cloudy eye. Not the main stream now with contacts and things.

Here's eye implants:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
well, thats somewhat better than a blue eye i suppose

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
First of all, anyone who tells you a tattoo doesn't hurt is a liar, its the amount of pain you want to feel usually dictates the size of the tattoo, newbies prob will get a small one.

There will be huge money in this eye tattooing if they can get it to work, its like one of the unexplored regions of the tattoo world and as all other regions is worth just as much as discovering oil in your back yard, i have quite a few tattoo's but i doubt i would go this far.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Thanks for the update, it looks like the needle puncture is becoming ulcerated and that is not a good sign in the eye.

top topics

join