It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you from Wisconsin?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Before you move though, you should hone up on your LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY - HAPPY DAYS - FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT - ALEX JORDAN - HARRY HOUDINI and DEER HUNTING AND BEER DRINKING SKILLS (at the same time).

Then you could be a true Wisconsinite.

Dorian Soran

Greetings from Cudahy! Armpit of the states
ok it isn't all that bad, our main drag Packard Ave used to boast the most bars on one street. I believe it held a Guiness Record at one time. I might have to look into that...
Dont forget about these Wisconsinites: The Violent Femmes, Les Paul, Ernest Borgnine... I dunno, he always marches in the Great Circus Parade, oh and theres a rumor that Janis Joplin attended Cudahy Senior High School for a week of her short life while her dad was on the move while in the air force or something... Daryll Struemmer (Genesis), oh and one big mutha sloth of a man RIP John Matuszak! Everyone at once!

HEY YOU GUUUUUYS!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Originally posted by NephraTari

Northern girls like me have no business in southern states.

Ya, I hear ya on this one! LOL. I moved from Wisconsin to Arizona where I lived for 7 years, and now I am in Louisiana.

I have now realized that I inherited something from Wisconsin that will always stay with me, I think.

While I haven't lived in the Superior / Duluth area for some time, people who I have never met, but hear me talk say, "You know, you sound just like that lady cop in the movie "Fargo."

Yaaaaaaaa, sure, you betcha!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

I was in a truck stop out in modesto california talking to some people in the parking lot. a lady was looking at me and said, you know, you sound like your from wisconsin. I was, and ask how she knew. She said by the way I talked. I guess we have that cheese head sound in our voices.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You know, I looked up "fib" and it seems ironic to me because I am always telling my fiance that I think the Wisconsinites around here drive nuts. The speed limit on the road out of town is 55, I usually drive 60 on it and people are always impatiently tailgaiting me and eventually passing me and I would say they are going a good 70-80 miles per hour.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
We had some strange weather in Wis last night.

Snow - rain - sleet and THEN thunder and lightning.

I can't wait for spring - enough already!

Dorian Soran
The Good Doctor

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yup, I'm from Wisconsin. Born and raised here in Milwaukee.

I love the Packers, I love cheese, and I love the cold Wisconsin winters.

Wisconsin is the true diary state, California can GTFO!!!

[edit on 17-4-2009 by nick_napalm]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nick_napalm

I agree on all but the anti cali sentiment. I have lived in both and I loved every moment of living in southern california. It is a beautiful state that is unfortunately tarnished by its occupants.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I don't have anything against California its just they need to stop pretending to be the diary state. It's not like they don't already have enough claims to fame.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well, technically Cali does make more milk than Wis. However what Wis does excel at is cheese!! Particularly in the Quality department. It says something when a Pizza place in Cali orders their cheese from Wis. No it's not one of the major companys but a mom and pop type of place.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well, here is a thread I authored about 10 months ago.

I thought I would revive this and see if any NEW members ( or old that maybe missed it ) are from or reside in the great dairy state of Wisconsin.

Lets see, Packers going to the playoffs - Badgers are in the bowl game tonight - Brewers are still in Milwaukee and not Charlotte and the Bucks keep losing. Thats whats new here!

Dorian Soran

top topics

<< 1   >>

join