It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nation wide Call for ACTION: Big Brother The White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The American people seem to "eat up" the reality shows that are broadcasted by the corporate owned entities which compete for viewership.

What if the repealing of the INCOME TAX was supplimented by the subscriptions to view a show called "BIG BROTHER: THE WHITE HOUSE?"

The American people could tune in to watch the dirty truth behind the scenes of what happens in the daily routine of the people who make and uphold the laws of America?

Do you think the corporations who own our government now could reap benefits by actually letting the people, who buy the products they get money by advertising to us, see what happens behind closed doors?

I don't know about you, but I'd tune in EVERY EPISODE!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
lovely idea, and as it should be in a government for the people by the people. Although we shouldnt have to pay for it, the goings on should be broadcast into every home so we could have a view into what they are doing with OUR country, not the other way around. We should demand such a thing, stop with the secrets, it doesnt do anyone any good. Transparent is how I would like it, leave the rest of the world alone and we have no worry about what goes on behind closed doors.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well, Gunner, maybe you and I could get together and present the idea to the "powers that be." Should we start a petition, or just go to the white house with a web-cam or other such devise to install? If they can listen in on us, I see no reason why we couldn't listen in on them...

Thanks for having the "balls" to reply.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm not letting this one die.

I used to watch "The West Wing" because I thought it was a pretty good show.

I'm not talking about a "C-SPAN: The White House" what I'm proposing is an edited show, not for content on the "secret" side, but to cut out the "dry" stuff.

It would have the longest legs of any show on TV, and advertisers would make a KILLING!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I am ready my friend, I have a family to take care of and that has always been my main concern. But what happens when they live in a country that models nazi germany? I have said it and I will say it again, if the feds come after me, that will just prove to me, all is wrong with the country I live in. I am sick of it, I dont know how much more I can handle of this. Letting illegals sneak in across the border, goign on a global conquest to secure oil fields. This isnt what I want, we need to bring our boys and girls back home, our founding father preached isolationism, that is what needs to be. nothing more, nothing less, a united states of america, not what we have now, no more taxes, transparent government. We need to return the power to the people, not the select elite few. Cast them out like yesterdays trash for all I care.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I don't know if any of you have ever seen the comedian Gabriel Iglesias, but he jokes that we should let people decide the election like how they vote for people on American Idol; he calls this show for picking the new President, "Who's gonna run this b****". If any one's seen his one hour Comedy Central special, you'll know what I'm talking about.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Now we're talkin', my friend!

I just wish we could get more of a response from the rest of the field here on ATS.

I guess if you're not a "Super Moderator," and don't have a following, you don't get any response.

I'll bet I'd get a response if I acted against the "T&C."

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hey, that's a great idea! BUT, I'm afraid I'd have to limit my viewing pleasure only up until the first commercial.....'cause I'd then have to go puke my guts out.

The very thoughts of "what goes on" beyond those white-house doors makes my eyes bleed!

You (or somebody) could make a pile of dough with this idea.

Don't forget to include to include all the gimmicky info-mercials......

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So you equate action with sitting down and watching a television show?

How does that work? What I see is an antithema to action, a perpetuation of static routine regarding the average citizen and a decided lack of action due to the fact that if the term 'reality' was put in front of "The West Wing", then people would rest comfortably on their misguided laurals assuming that they knew what really went on inside the White House/government/political, social, judicial process.....

Hate to rain on your parade....good luck pitching it to a network though. You may want to omit my post when demonstrating the public response to them...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Deenamarie:

Thank's for your support! We'll give free anti nausea medicine wtih each subscription...

MemoryShock (A FORUM MODERATOR [this is what I'm talking about--Forum Moderators and "Super Moderators" thinking they can put a thread to rest]:

What are you saying? We have cameras where I work, in the interest of keeping "security" tight. How would having a nation watching the actions of our Government be anything like what you mentioned? If you think my ideas aren't sound, and are talking against them, I invite you to move to China, or go back in time to Nazi Germany, but before you do that, look at the T&C and notice that you can't attack me personally for a opposing opinion. Yeah, T&C! BOO creepy moderators!

I equate "action" with having actionable intelligence. Ring a bell?

[edit on 22-2-2008 by cryingindian]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Are you some kind of network exec, and it really matters what your post on ATS says memory shock? No offense intended, but I think it is a step in the right direction, but not limiting to secretive BS, then maybe people would see what is happening and stand the hell up. I dont think it is a band aid however for getting out and actually doing something about the crap that is going on. I am not calling for violence, but I think our leaders need to know, we arent putting up with it anymore. A camera in their little nest, that we own would go along way to let them know, we are watching what they are doing. to make them aware they are accountable for their actions and the same justice system that we abide by is the same they abide by.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
MemoryShock:

Your reply gives me yet another opportunity to bring this thread higher on the "Recent Posts" schedule, so I thank you.

What do you propose as a solution to the American citizens' acceptance of the status quo?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryingindian
Deenamarie:

Thank's for your support! We'll give free anti nausea medicine wtih each subscription...

MemoryShock (A FORUM MODERATOR [this is what I'm talking about--Forum Moderators and "Super Moderators" thinking they can put a thread to rest]:

What are you saying? We have cameras where I work, in the interest of keeping "security" tight. How would having a nation watching the actions of our Government be anything like what you mentioned?

I seriously doubt that the editors of such a show would present a valid portrayal of what the heads of our government do. TV is money. Money gets made by causing conflict. Past reality shows have intentionally skimped on the food in favor of providing their 'real' cast with alcohol...why?

To create drama. Not a real example of the person in their day to day lives.

If you think my ideas aren't sound, and are talking against them, I invite you to move to China, or go back in time to Nazi Germany, but before you do that, look at the T&C and notice that you can't attack me personally for a opposing opinion.

I wasn't attacking you personally. Please re-read my post. I was posting my opinion. I'm a member before a moderator. I didn't edit your post, or warn you of anything....I stated my opinion...

I don't like your idea. Because I don't think it would be as real as you say it would/could. I'm not stopping you from presenting it though....

Yeah, T&C! BOO creepy moderators!

I equate "action" with having actionable intelligence. Ring a bell?

BOO...indeed!

Ring a Bell? You mean like Pavlov's?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

MemoryShock:

Your reply gives me yet another opportunity to bring this thread higher on the "Recent Posts" schedule, so I thank you.

What do you propose as a solution to the American citizens' acceptance of the status quo?

To let them know what it is. A dummies guide to reality, as it were, designed to illustrate what they are ingesting physically and mentally.

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Thanks, Man, or Ma'am, as the case may be!

I appreciate the kind words! And it's cool if you don't agree that it's a good idea to serve the Government a taste of their own medicine, as far as listening in goes, and such.

But I fail to understand your reasoning as to it being a bad idea.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It would probably be some kind of entertainment - were it not for the fact it would be heavily censored, and redacted. It definitely wouldn't bring about change, and I imagine that you'd see a fair bit more at the start compared to when it had been running a while, and the process of "censoring" the content was easily achieved without looking blatantly obvious.

I agree with the other poster who mentioned watching tv, it doesn't really help, it's an automatic lobotomy box.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You set up a site for the petition and I'll sign it , and won't miss an episode, but my bet is that it would go the way of ratemycop.com, they were up for about ten out of forty eight hrs, and they're gone again

[edit on 15-3-2008 by DwnitsDwn]

[edit on 15-3-2008 by DwnitsDwn]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
./' All the lonely people, where do they all come from?./'

A: They aren't lonely, just stoned out their brains.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

Throbber,

What does that mean? I know it's a quote from the Beatles, but come on.

My wife just came over and asked are you making people mad on that site again?

It's really not my goal to make anyone angry, as in the real world, I'm absolutely non-confrontational, but WILL fight like a pitbull if provoked.

Thanks for resurecting this thread. I'm going to do the same for you...

Hang on.

top topics

join