It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Willie Nelson: Impeach Bush, "Throw The Bastards Out"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spannmark

Ok... I'll bite.

First, I assume you mean 1963, not 1962 - in which case there has been

1: Lyndon B. Johnson
2: Richard Nixon
3: Gerald Ford
4: Jimmy Carter
5: Ronald Reagan
6: George H. W. Bush
7: Bill Clinton
8: Our current mockery.

But, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you're going to tell me I'm wrong.

So please do correct me.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by tha stillz
Are you high? You are the one insulting people - calling Patriot Willie Nelson delusional and senile.

I don't use drugs or intoxicating substances.

Sorry to hear

Stop insulting me.

Ok...

Nelson is not on the board.

So it's ok to insult people only in their absense then?

I suppose if your so tender that you can't take some sarcasm, then you would be the last person to dish it out then. (except when were not around of course...)

Nelson has never done anything to my knowledge that would distinguish himself as a patriot.

Questioning the government is part of what it means to be patriotic. If we didn't ever question the government we would be British. (Here in the US - no offense to the citizens of Britian.)

I would assume since nothing Willie has done or is about has come to mind as patriotic, that patriotism to you would revolve around letting the goverment do what it wishes, or possibly not answering questions people have about 9/11. Please clarify if I am off base.

Thanks,
stillz

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tha stillz
Are you high? You are the one insulting people - calling Patriot Willie Nelson delusional and senile.

I don't use drugs or intoxicating substances.

Stop insulting me.

Nelson is not on the board.

Nelson has never done anything to my knowledge that would distinguish himself as a patriot.

How about Farm Aid

The American Institute of Philanthropy lists the Farm Aid Charity an A-

Overall Farm Aid performance 1985 to 2005
Total expenditures $28,573,247
Program expenditures $23,053,588 -- or 81% of total expenditures
Farm Aid performance 2005
Total expenditures $1,833,780
Program expenditures $1,543,111 -- or 84% of total expenditures

So Grady that would be close to 30 million bucks for American--- yeah that's right American farmers!

How about biodiesel....What about promoting peace on earth!

Not a single thing to distinguish himself as a patriot.

Sorry Grady but the evidence does not support your statement.

In fact, in all fairness, I think you should apologize!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
By the way I was told the thread was moved due to the fact the discussion was becoming heated in a political way.

Well then score one for the thread derailers or possible disinfo artists.

I think this is unfortunate for ATS and its readers to bury an important announcement from a public figure regarding 9/11 and impeachment!

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
1) To have a new member come in here and make one of our longstanding, most respected members on this site have to go get his degrees out, take a picture and post them is absurd. A quick u2u to any of the staff or other longstanding member would have yielded a vouch for Grady's reputation. I am sorry you did that Grady.

I agree with you on this. They demand that Grady come up with proof of degrees, but when people demanded proof when "Jesse MacBeth" was suppose to be posting, they were shouted down with the, "You have to take him at his word" remarks.

I noticed that the people asking for proof come up with any of their degrees, etc. After Grady posted his, he should have had told them to put up or shut their pie-holes.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I asked, but I did say to have a mod verify, not that the degrees were necessary.

It is a common disinformation tactic to start claiming positions and degrees to try and further a point, which, a mod verification is the best way.

I don't care when the sign up date is, that does not take away the fact that someone can be misleading.

There has also been a pattern of people saying things in a third person, then some following poster taking that and twisting it to try and sound like a personal attack was made, when clearly it wasn't.

There are plenty of threads that deal with picking out when someone being misleading and be cautious of it.

The fact is, Willie Nelson is a Patriot. His country music, that is right U.S. country music, one of the most popular, award winning, and best selling artists in his field ... which anyone would admit are quite proud of their country.

He has done more for this country with his activism and intentions.

He helped establish Farm Aid, not just play in it. So he is one of the people that directly made it happen. He involves himself in other charity work. He also gives all his proceeds of a Ben & Jerry's flavor to Farm Aid.

He is a partner with a Bio-Diesel company. Something our country seriously needs for national security to lessen our dependence on foreign oil.

He headlined a concert to benefit the Tsunami victims.

He is a supporter of Peace, with his own research institute, a trustee of a peace museum, on the board of directors for the animal welfare institue.

I think this man is a proud representative of the American Spirit. He is not senile, he is not crazy ... he is honest, straightfoward, and a TRUE PATRIOT.

Also, don't let propaganda of his personal lifestyle choices influence your opinion of someone ... not all people who drink are wife-beating alcoholics right? So don't lump other social driven activities into some bull# line of mess that isn't true at all. Maybe if people knew someone or from experience, they could form an honest opinion, instead they listen to whatever drivel the 'never deceitful' government and its organizations spill, since they never have an agenda, such as hiding the truth of our past.

Do you consider people who have served in the armed forces Patriotic?

Willie Nelson served in the Air Force.

Take some time to get to know Willie:

Willie's site links

Willie Nelson Peace Research Institute

Country Music Hall of Fame

BioWillie Fuel

There are more, but do some work for yourself.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
1) To have a new member come in here and make one of our longstanding, most respected members on this site have to go get his degrees out, take a picture and post them is absurd. A quick u2u to any of the staff or other longstanding member would have yielded a vouch for Grady's reputation. I am sorry you did that Grady.

I agree with you on this. They demand that Grady come up with proof of degrees, but when people demanded proof when "Jesse MacBeth" was suppose to be posting, they were shouted down with the, "You have to take him at his word" remarks.

It seems this thread has gotten in the middle of some long standing problem with members.

I don't recall anyone demanding his credentials. In any case I wouldn't care if he were Sigmund Freakin Freud I still disagree with his take. Is that OK can I disagree with Grady??

Personally I have found revered member Grady to be rude. His first post insulted the subject of this thread in no uncertain terms. But hey I don't mind I can take a "robust" debate. When you deal in 9/11 it is to be expected. But the whining and not so subtle appeals to Mods to rescue the oldtimer from the disrespectful youngins I mean cmon.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Leo Strasse:

Here you go. This is the post were FreeThinkerIdealist was asking for proof:

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist

Evidence?

Let's see a scan of these degrees and accomplishments. I can say I'm an astronaut, doesn't make it so.

Remember, you can blur out your real name for security reasons, you can have a mod or amigo verify you are who you say you are.

Several post later, FTI then said thanks for posting them, which I felt was cool.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well, Nelson is funny that is for sure, the only thing missing is him sitting on a porch in a rocking chair toking out, while making these speeches of his.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Willy Nelson is probably one of the few people in our country(in a role of power) most similar to our forefathers. Did the forefathers say to themselves, we might loose our land and our lives? yes. Did willy say to himself I may loose a couple fans and some money? Of course he did. Here's a man that cares about people and ideas more than money. Do you think he cares about hurting his image as viewed from mindless nationalists? No.

On a side note,
to anyone who uses Willy's personal marijuana use to make a case that he can't think clearly, that his brain is fried or that his opinion doesn't matter.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I salute you Willie

you no longer care about your career or what happens to you.

you are worth more than 1000 elitists or their minions (and there seem to be plenty in here)

A short list of "Actual Patriots"

Willie
Rosie
Tom DeLonge (Blink 182)
sean Penn
jesi ventura
James Brolen
Martin Sheen
Susan saradon

and many more.

only because they "Actually" care much much more about life and love
and the state of our world than they do about their careers.

GradyPhilpott
I`m not goin to insult you.

none of us should feel ashamed for being so badly brainwashed
by the Elite.

the people that are arguing with you were also fully brainwashed at one time too.
(me included)

5 years ago I would have laughed at these people (Willie)

But now, I , like so many others from ALL WALKS OF LIFE
are seeing through the lies.

I know its a lot to deal with but willie and the rest of them are right.

and frankly we are all scared as heck.

how could we let this all happen?

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Maya432]

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Maya432]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

because there's no evidence of wrongdoing

I wonder why that is ?

See, If i

1. Sat by and allowed 911 to occur
2. Lied to the public
3. Lied to the UN
4. Lied to international allies
5. Fabricated Evidence
6. Invaded and occupied a soveriegn nation
7. Spied on my own citizens
8. Ignored the constituion

------------------------------------
Why is Bush not investigating his Impeachment to the White House and to arrange his Pension Fund which will pay for his Mansion built in Mexico.

Cheney will escapte to Dubai, Rummsteak will escape to Cuba, Wolfie will escape to Israel and finally the Neocons have purchased the island of Tasmania from Australia where the Taxpayers loot is hidden, thanks to the Fifth-Colum, Greenspan, the expert in Cooking Books

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It's great Willie is speaking up, but weren't those bums in Congress supposed to throw the bums out of The White House back in '06? Wasn't that the incentive for putting Dems. in charge of Congress?

I sent my Congressmen letters about it thru the last year and got replies, off topic, concerning Iraq and Iran. No time to read this article now, but if he didn't say it, we need to THROW ALL THE BUMS OUT!!

When you vote in Nov. (if we get there), be sure to vote for anyone you can who is NOT a Dem. nor Rep. -- I don't even care if someone is with the Nazi Party... anyone is better than a Dem. or Rep. -- that should be painfully obvious to everyone by now.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
It's great Willie is speaking up, but weren't those bums in Congress supposed to throw the bums out of The White House back in '06? Wasn't that the incentive for putting Dems. in charge of Congress?

They busy formulating their plan on reducing the cost of gas at the pump. Remember? They said they were going to do something about it, but haven't heard squat since they were elected.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
GAH!!!!!! I am absolutely disgusted with this country and it's citizens (including myself .

We sit here with the evidence that Bush/Cheney/etc.. have violated their Presidential oathes, but we do NOTHING!

It's like a detective sitting on his ass doing nothing when he knows a serial killer is on the loose. He knows there is evil on the loose, but he doesn't have the will power to do anything to stop it.

It is absolutely disgusting.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
you know what is hilarious about celebrities? Americans hold them on a higher platform than elected officials. It must say something pretty bad about the american public at large. You elect an official and slander him, but allow a pot smoking, law breaking, rebel who can't even sing very well, to steer your ideologies.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
you know what is hilarious about celebrities? Americans hold them on a higher platform than elected officials. It must say something pretty bad about the American public at large. You elect an official and slander him, but allow a pot smoking, law breaking, rebel who can't even sing very well, to steer your ideologies.

You know what is hilarious about your post? You don't know what you are talking about and slandering the American public at large is not a way to convince anyone on the point you are trying to make.

Willie is a member of the American public at large, besides being a celebrity and he has the right to express himself as well as any taxpaying citizen of this country. People have the right to reject Willie or accept his views. I think your ideologies have been steered by the authority figures you seem to worship.

Is it possible that some of the American public is just sick and tired of the lies and corruption and that Willie is just one of them? And in the grand scheme of things, has no more influence than anyone else. I can assure you Anon. Most Americans are capable of thinking for themselves. There may be ideological differences, but don't sell the American public short. Where are you from anyway?

How many records do you have out? I'd like to hear them!!

Criticism from an anonymous is a chicken**** way to go. Sign up!!

[edit on 14-5-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
North American Union is treason, and we need to en-mass perform citizens arrests immediately on our politicians after giving them 1 week to back off and release all their documents to the people immediately. We will peruse the documents and consider signatures admission of guilt to anything we decide is treason.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
www.impeachbush.org...

For:
"1) Seizing power to wage wars of aggression in defiance of the U.S. Constitution, the U.N. Charter and the rule of law; carrying out a massive assault on and occupation of Iraq, a country that was not threatening the United States, resulting in the death and maiming of over one hundred thousand Iraqis, and thousands of U.S. G.I.s.

2) Lying to the people of the U.S., to Congress, and to the U.N., providing false and deceptive rationales for war.

3) Authorizing, ordering and condoning direct attacks on civilians, civilian facilities and locations where civilian casualties were unavoidable.

4) Instituting a secret and illegal wiretapping and spying operation against the people of the United States through the National Security Agency.

5) Threatening the independence and sovereignty of Iraq by belligerently changing its government by force and assaulting Iraq in a war of aggression.

6) Authorizing, ordering and condoning assassinations, summary executions, kidnappings, secret and other illegal detentions of individuals, torture and physical and psychological coercion of prisoners to obtain false statements concerning acts and intentions of governments and individuals and violating within the United States, and by authorizing U.S. forces and agents elsewhere, the rights of individuals under the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Eighth Amendments to the Constitution of the United States, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.

7) Making, ordering and condoning false statements and propaganda about the conduct of foreign governments and individuals and acts by U.S. government personnel; manipulating the media and foreign governments with false information; concealing information vital to public discussion and informed judgment concerning acts, intentions and possession, or efforts to obtain weapons of mass destruction in order to falsely create a climate of fear and destroy opposition to U.S. wars of aggression and first strike attacks.

8) Violations and subversions of the Charter of the United Nations and international law, both a part of the "Supreme Law of the land" under Article VI, paragraph 2, of the Constitution, in an attempt to commit with impunity crimes against peace and humanity and war crimes in wars and threats of aggression against Afghanistan, Iraq and others and usurping powers of the United Nations and the peoples of its nations by bribery, coercion and other corrupt acts and by rejecting treaties, committing treaty violations, and frustrating compliance with treaties in order to destroy any means by which international law and institutions can prevent, affect, or adjudicate the exercise of U.S. military and economic power against the international community.

9) Acting to strip United States citizens of their constitutional and human rights, ordering indefinite detention of citizens, without access to counsel, without charge, and without opportunity to appear before a civil judicial officer to challenge the detention, based solely on the discretionary designation by the Executive of a citizen as an "enemy combatant."

10) Ordering indefinite detention of non-citizens in the United States and elsewhere, and without charge, at the discretionary designation of the Attorney General or the Secretary of Defense.

11) Ordering and authorizing the Attorney General to override judicial orders of release of detainees under INS jurisdiction, even where the judicial officer after full hearing determines a detainee is wrongfully held by the government.

12) Authorizing secret military tribunals and summary execution of persons who are not citizens who are designated solely at the discretion of the Executive who acts as indicting official, prosecutor and as the only avenue of appellate relief...."

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
www.impeachbush.org...

for continued:
"13) Refusing to provide public disclosure of the identities and locations of persons who have been arrested, detained and imprisoned by the U.S. government in the United States, including in response to Congressional inquiry.

14) Use of secret arrests of persons within the United States and elsewhere and denial of the right to public trials.

15) Authorizing the monitoring of confidential attorney-client privileged communications by the government, even in the absence of a court order and even where an incarcerated person has not been charged with a crime.

16) Ordering and authorizing the seizure of assets of persons in the United States, prior to hearing or trial, for lawful or innocent association with any entity that at the discretionary designation of the Executive has been deemed "terrorist."

17) Engaging in criminal neglect in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, depriving thousands of people in Louisiana, Mississippi and other Gulf States of urgently needed support, causing mass suffering and unnecessary loss of life.

18) Institutionalization of racial and religious profiling and authorization of domestic spying by federal law enforcement on persons based on their engagement in noncriminal religious and political activity.

19) Refusal to provide information and records necessary and appropriate for the constitutional right of legislative oversight of executive functions.

20) Rejecting treaties protective of peace and human rights and abrogation of the obligations of the United States under, and withdrawal from, international treaties and obligations without consent of the legislative branch, and including termination of the ABM treaty between the United States and Russia, and rescission of the authorizing signature from the Treaty of Rome which served as the basis for the International Criminal Court."

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join