It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO seen Oregon...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

That is REALLY odd that you posted that....because last night when I was driving home, I saw a star that was VERY low to the horizon. It just seemed odd to me....it seemed just above tree top!

Now im in Alaska and in the middle of nowhere, so we see stars that appear so close that we could touch them. LOL It is a GREAT star gazing location.

Anyways, now I know what that star was that was so low!!!

Also, I have "accidently" taken photos like this - many times...because I dont know how to work the settings on my camera! LOL.

And usually when im shooting something that has a light or a star in it, they turn out like that....wiggly colored lines. I always just delete them....because I figured they were just over exposed due to my camera settings.

*shrug*

[edit on 16-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
being an hr south of the OP I was not outside at the time
I did hear low aircrafts fling over but I don't think it was connected.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Originally posted by eaglewingz

Originally posted by sean
Object looked more celestial, like a glowing orb or plasma like. Pulsing multi colors red, blue, yellow, white mainly. At time is would stay all Blue then start over the pattern red, blue, yellow, white. [edit on 16-2-2008 by sean]

The sixth brightest star in the sky, Rigel, was low to the horizon in the west at that time and location. It set at about 2:00 am, thus appearing to "land".

Given the matching time frame and description, I would think that is the most likely explanation.

[edit on 2/16/2008 by eaglewingz]

That's a good observation. Since you mentioned Orion in the field of observation at that particular time, what about Betelgeuse? I would like to know what color did this "object" mostly become right before it "Landed"? I know that Betelgeuse alternates observable colors depending on its distance from the Horizon.

[edit on 2-16-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

if i remember correctly it was blue right before it went behind the trees.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Hello I am the oldest nephew of Sean, the original poster of this topic. I was the one who initially seen the UFO in the sky and went to get my friend and younger brother and sister to see it as well. The first picture on that is definately motion blur and after observing in the daylight the light on the left of picture 1 is a porch light arched from the camera motion, but as far as i know all the other pictures came out good as to what it looked. At times it looked like a saucer or ship of some kind zigzagging around and hovering, then at other times through binoculars and telescope it looked almost being like and pulsating like plasma. there was times when it would be just blue or red constant for about 5 minutes, then resuming the flashing of all different colors. I am on break from work at the moment and am Grabbing a camera, this is night 2 and i see it in the sky again from work which is about 2 blocks away from my home. now it is in the more north east part of the sky but is definately acting in the same manner as the oddity from last night. If I am able to get any pictures i will post and keep updated.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SirGinSu

Hi, SirGinSu, and welcome to ATS

Please, if you can, could you take some shot with a shorter exposure time? I mean no more than 5/100 sec? This may help us in order to try to recognize a shape in what you are photographing. And a video would be GREAT, of course.

[edit on 17/2/2008 by internos]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Hi there, thanks for posting, pretty exciting stuff for you - do you have access to a tripod in case the object returns, this would give you a fighting chance of capturing a decent shot.

Good luck with future sightings

Regards

Berth

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Wow what are all these things? and all these sightings popping up everywhere lately?

could the plasma ufos be a product of haarp/bluebeam being slowly activated?
I mean i really hope they're not going through with those sick projects, but - from what I've read, objects like this were supposed to start being seen more and more

then again of course bluebeam could just be disinformation covering for something else

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well... after reading the hole thread it sounds like it could be a star, maybe Rigel - the colours described is what you would normally see when looking at stars sometimes, because of air-turbulence.

I hope you get some better photos - and without the 2 second exposure.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I happened to get some more pics of the 'ufo' in the night sky.. I didn't have a tripod but i steadied the camera on a railing at work and I happened to get 2 pics of when the aircraft was still. all the other pics is of it moving around zigzaging.. but anyways check em out.
The first 2 pics are of it stationary, but need to zoom in to see it.

s76.photobucket.com...

[edit on 17-2-2008 by SirGinSu]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Hello again, SirGinSu
, and thank you for taking the time of sharing this second set of photos.
It seems that these shots too have a 2 seconds exposure time:
besides, their original resolution is 2.816 × 2.112 pixels while the ones you've uploaded are 800 x 600 pixels; please, it would be helpful to get the full res images, since the details are very important in this type of shots. In order to save time, you could put the hi res images in a single .zip file then upload it here
www.sendspace.com...
or somewhere else.
Thank you in advance.

[edit on 17/2/2008 by internos]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hi there

From looking at all these pictures in detail ive come to a conclusion that they MAY all be some form of ball lightning, because ball lighting can look like this and you dont need a stormy night or any lighting all ready in the sky for ball lightning to occur because it can occur ata any time.

Below are a few pictures of ball lightning that I have found.

Please bare in mind that your pictures may be ball lightning or not these are just pictures of ball lightning that I have found on the internet.

www.flickr.com...

ewp.se...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Over where I live the southwest sky has nothing like that in the sky, nothing unusual, no low stars on the horizon. Orion's belt and other stars looks normal like it always does. I don't see how he can see it and I can't he is due east of me. 10-13 minutes drive. Cloud cover moved in this morning.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hello, I'm the mother to the kids that took the pictures and viewed the object early saturday morning. I too witnessed it, along with the kids, at 2:30 am on Sunday morning! This time it was in the Northeast and fairly high in the sky.

It was pretty foggy out, and my daughter and I had to walk several blocks to where my 21 yr old son works to view it. First off, this is NOT a star. This object bobs and moves up and down, side to side, and sometimes appeared to be swinging like a pendulum on a string! It stobes many alternating colors at variable speeds, sometimes just going crazy with the white/blue/red/yellow/green lights. I'm not sure of the order of colors, sometimes it seemed like all colors at once since it was alternating and pulsating them so fast. It would become closer to us at times, and a few times I saw it drop a small red light out of the bottom, and one time out from the side.

I witnessed a trianglar ufo in 1984 just before my seventeenth b-day, here in Veneta, Oregon, along with approximately 20 other witnesses. Someone called it in to the radio station and they broadcasted the account on the radio the next day. Pretty exciting! I have never seen anything since, until now. I am sooooo stoked! I will be out there tonight! ... with the shutter speed set higher and the tripod!

~Chrissy

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This is an interesting thread. I live in the Portland area and nothing about it has made the news. I am curious to hear any updates about this situation.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I hope that you will have another chance to catch it again: these are just some hints

• A shorter exposure time will allow us to see a more sharpen shape: we are interested in looking at the shape of the light source, not in its effect.
    As longer is the exposure time, as difficult is to understand the shape of a
    moving object, and besides, which movements are determined by the object himselfs and by the hand shaking.

• A shot in wich are visible both the house and the object is fundamental; this will allow us to rule out the ground as location of the object; it's not a matter of trust or mistrust you: simply, it's a matter to get the evidence at its best.

• Once a shot has been taken in which both house and object are visible, it's possible to make a series of close-up shots: i mean on focus, not too zoomed in. If you notice that what you get is undefined, you can try to reduce the aperture.

• If you manage to record a video (that would be GREAT), please keep in mind to start from far, in a way in which the house is visible, then zoom to the object: this would allow us to set a referral point on the ground: many video are dismissed as useless, even if interesting, because a referral point on the ground is
    missing.

If you manage to follow all or a part of these steps, then we would have good chances to get good material on which to work: frankly, so far is too hard to guess what we are looking at, but i don't think it's a star.
Thank you again for sharing this one.

Edit to add:
Good luck !!!

[edit on 18/2/2008 by internos]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Hi peeps, So far the idea of it being a star in orions' belt definitely doesn't fit the picture. Why I say this, is because the first night this was observed it was in the southwest of the sky. Second night it was observed in the Northeast total opposite directions. I just got off the phone with my nephew and from his work it is now 2 objects in the nights sky and back in the southwestern sky and the other more western. Both of which are staying generally in the sector of the sky and both are moving in a pendulum side to side motion and up and down motion. Both are strobing colors. I'm heading out the door right now after this post at my location to see if I can see anything. All I can say is what the heck is going on?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
well from my area I don't see anything and the others was watching for it again on break said, they are gone or are still there but winked out. Last spotted going northwestern and north now. It could very well be between my area and theres it's a 10-15 minute drive and a mountain between us. Well we will all keep our eyes peeled. That's all for now from me. Unless others got more to add. I would like to show this one picture from night 2 because it's really bright and when you zoom in the larger pink area it has sort of a glow about it.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by sean]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

Sean, that's the most interesting of the set in my opinion too: please, could you upload the original resolution of that specific pic (2.816 × 2.112 pixels)?
In the meantime, we could take a closer look at that one

[edit on 18/2/2008 by internos]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I got that picture from ginsu's photo bucket.

s76.photobucket.com...

Sorry I am not sure if those are the original ones or not. Or what all pictures he has. I will get a hold of him though and ask. Oh and I almost forgot! Ginsu ran into his friend that goes to the University of Oregon college. His friend and 40-50 other student witnesses viewed the same thing at the campus. I guess from what ginsu told me, he also took a set of pictures as well. We will try to get his pictures too.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by sean]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join