It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed Martin & US Navy in Santa Cruz Mountains

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MillionEyedMask

Here is the grid... 37,08,18.61N 122,12,01.99W its between ano nuevo island and Boulder creek golf club half way up the hill

There is some shady stuff going on out there. The forest rangers had look out posts, I assume for fire watch and LM made them move it because it had a perfect view into the compound here are some links about it...

Missile testing/assembly facility...
Superfund information:
cfpub1.epa.gov/supercpad/cursites/csitinfo.cfm?id=09049...

Local civil society activism:
www.ccalm.org/home.shtml

Local media coverage:
santacruz.indymedia.org/newswire/display/10275/index.ph...
tags: toxins "military industrial complex" activism

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I usually go fishing in loch lomond, though its closed this time of year. This is the first i've heard of the facility, I wonder if they buid special aircraft there, too. I've seen aircraft flying towards that general area at very high speeds.

I'm going to check it out.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Universal Mind

It was my understanding they are stripping de-mil'd missiles and things of that nature

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Lockheed martin does have labs in Scotts Valley as I worked on the on the main communications crew that installed everything out there but the reason being is that after the closure of Moffet Federal Airfield security dropped drastically!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moffet does still have some Military personel on the base as well as 4 F-117's and 2 Black Hawks and a few other Military Aircraft as well as a nice fleet of Military Vehichles including Tanks but nothing more not like in the 70's and 80's when traveling down Highway 101 it was common place to see War Aircraft taking off and landing as well as the U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Sorry no runways out at the Lockheed facility in Scotts Valley but nice try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
one of those hangers looks like its built for a blimp.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The hangers you are refering to are at Moffet Federal Airfield in Mountain View California and BINGO you win it is for a Blimp usually the GOODYEAR flys out of here on Game Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Moffet also still has about a dozen Blackhawks and I think its like 5 or 6 F-117 fighters stationed there and I know for a fact that the U2 was there for awhile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Im not one to be impressed by many installations, but that place looks pretty freaking interesting. Hangar One alone looks like its made to build space craft. I know it is really just a blimp hanger, but still.

Also, be wary of very large buildings that have no windows.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

During World War II the Japanese were literally a few miles off shore from the Bay Area, Ca. Strategic locations and objectives had to be set to ensure no entry by foreign troops. Old railroads, highways, and even old Native American trails were under intense watch. This is a perfectly logical explanation as to why Lockheed and the US Navy need to be in the Santa Cruz Mountains. However, WWII is over. We have satellites and instant response units(land, sea, and air). We can spot an enemy of Human nature hundreds of miles off our Western shores. What does Lockheed specialize in? What is their interest? Remember, the names are always an alias, and they always have inside joke connotations. Stay out of those Hills at night!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This LockheedMartin Facility is in the Santa Cruz mountains between Boulder Creek and Bonny Doon. It is not Moffet Field with the large blimp hangers or the "Blue Cube" which doesnt do much these days. The large Western blimp hanger is not really used for anything secret and is mostly historic from the old sub hunter blimps that used to fly out of Moffet Field.
The secret hangers are located at the far east side of Moffet field away from the public freeway side of the base. The do a lot of secret spy satellite stuff over there and roll in C5 planes to transport their "package" as they call it to Vandenburg or the Cape.

Back to Lockheed Santa Cruz...from what I understand, they research and assemble mostly independent componets for missle systems like the new Sky shield anti missle program. Also newer Titian missle componets. They do have a heavy DOD level of security and have refused local environmental activist inspection. I lived in Boulder Creek for over a year or more before I really new it was even there. I heard a med size stationery rocket test go off at 0300 hours and told my neighbor who told me about the facility. Now I have never seen these black helo's or Military vehicle convoy's and have lived in the area for 7+ years...mostly just Lifeflight that passes over. I am guessing but I suspect some black projects here. Lockheed hinted at new techno advances coming for current working projects here. It sounded like they already had the advances but were not released yet...Hmmmm.... I think they are also working on some space telescope project w/some USSC association. Just a note this is in the same area as some of the purported drone sightings. The Big Basin State park boarders the north side of their 4,000+ acres of forest and rolling hills. This facility was booming in the cold war as a Ballistic Missle facility R& D and componet mfg. Currently pretty quiet place .....low key but still working joint projects with the larger Sunnyvale campus by Moffet field.
HD

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Good luck. I happen to work at Lockheed (but not that particular one) and they do most things right. If they intend to keep their activities unknown, they will. You'll need to trust that Lockheed is doing their due dilligence to keep the neighbors safe.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I have heard that they are a major U.S. contractor to deal with things such as weapons tracking. For example: "In 1994 I have "heard" that they did a test in the early morning hours that was coordinated with other military points in the bay area (Mt. Hamilton) to use lazar tech. to track something that might be going into the west. I "heard" they do it in early morning hours when everyone is sleeping. There was also reports in the same month of something falling through the roof at Livermore labs reported as a "UFO" on the news. Later described as "Indian fire words" from SF. Some kind of fireworks ehhhh...lol Anyway, I have heard they are very involved in Star Wars kind of tech. Dropping something from the sky and then tracking it. In 1994 a blue ball of light went across the bay area and was on the news the next day as a "UFO".....lol The news cut the story by by the end of the day. (You and look up blue UFO over bay area California 1994 in google) However, I heard this was nothing other than a tracking device used for Star Wars. I have heard this all second hand though and have not point of real source. This is just what I heard. So you can take it for what it is is worth.

By the way: Nothing Anonymous about this. They are so high security that they would be able to track even this. They are just a little under area 51 status. Once again: This all I have "heard" and is here or say.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Im an electrician and actually worked at the Santa Cruz Mountain Lockeed facility. At the time I was working for a local electrical contractor. I can tell you all this from first hand information. The surveilence technology that this facility has is futuristic to say the least. I worked up there for serveral months. And yes this facility does test trident missles. I was also told in confidence that, there was mutated animals up there. The folks that work in certain departments are like zombies ( no smile, very little human emotion ) The head of the electrical department offered me a job up there, however I declined ( was not my type of environment ). Also later I was told there is an element at this facility that has been experimenting with remote neural monitoring of the human mind. Santa Cruz has been a remote neural testing city for quite a while. It makes sense, since there are so many anti government activist here.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

No, it's not...

I have been there, but obviously in an unrestricted area...

I worked for a crane company located in Scotts Valley and the job we did there lasted about 4 days...I say 'about' because we started in the afternoon and finished in the late morning - just like lawyers, crane operators bill by the hour....

We passed thru one manned gate - no side arm - and set up a couple hundred yards away just outside a warehouse style building...nothing shady, nothing interesting...just moved a radio tower about 40 - 50 feet...

I saw and interacted with people that seemed ordinary...though there were quite a few buildings further 'down' the hill that were off limits..."off limits" means that I saw another guard house further down the road...but we had no business there so it did not matter, but the presence was obvious...

I do know that thru the 90's till now there have been several activist groups that have protested there to no avail...does it have something to do with shady $hit? probably - but we really don't know...

And if it was real - we should send the Banana Slugs up there to clean house!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Without a doubt, Santa Cruz County has a long history of military warfare utilizing bizarre technologies that most of the community knows nothing about. But I do.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Yea a good friend of mine lives in Aptos. And there is this canyon just beyond his backyard. For the past few months hes been reporting strange dancing orbs & hovering DRONES with people hanging from them while suspended in the air. Last night (1/5/14) he reports seeing a few of these in the air above this canyon in a formation. The one lowest to the ground had a classic movie style tracktor beam coming down from it and a man apparently repelled from it on a thin rope and when he made a noise, the person (or thing) that was hanging from the drone quickly looked over at him and immediately touched a button near his hip and all the lights shut off and it was gone. Then, minutes later, they were hovering no more than 50 feet above his neighbors house with the same guy now walking on his neighbors roof! Weird # for sure...

Hes been seeing this for quite a while now as well as other strange moving lights accompanied by low frequency vibrations he can feel shaking his house all the time. ALSO coming from the same area, hes been hearing construction like noises late at night (3AM ish) accompanied by strange lights and whirling noises. L&M is just up the hill from him. So who knows wtf is going on over there

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hello,
This has been an interesting thread, I've got nothing to add about those facilities, but for the locals I've got something.
Around twenty years ago I had family that lived in south san Jose, When I'd go visit I'd always go for a mountain bike or road ride. One time, a buddy and I
went on what we called an adventure ride, we would pick a prominent land mark, usually a mtn top. 30-40miles away and ride there by dead reckoning, not using a map, and in the days before civillian GPS. So this day we picked mt uhmunum,? and the antenna array at the top . When we neared the top, but still a couple miles away, there was a large "STOP" painted in the road and a sign that said something about gov. property no trespassing and such, so we decided to take a break before heading down.

We weren't there more than 5 min. when a white suv came down from the top. It pulled up to us and a classic example of an armed "private contractor" got out and we were essentially detained.
We were searched and he told us he had called the sherrif mad that we were going to be arrested for trespassing? But we were on public land. So while we were waiting, a ranger from the open space preserve came up the road, as he had heard the radio call for the sherrif a came up to see what was up.
He talked to the mercenary and came back and talked to us and we told him we didn't cross the line and the like. He convinced the guy to lets us go and we headed down the hill. When we got to the bottom and we passed the sherrif.
Now the conspiracy part, I asked a relative about what was at the top. He told me that it was radar facility that had been closed for years, and that he had actually worked there while in the airforce in the late sixties.
The place was hardly closed, at one turn on the road up you could get a little peek at the peak, and you could see people patroling the fence.
Over the next couple of years I rode in the area frequently, on network of small trails.
We could get reasonably close to the peak and at times it was quite busy up there.
Once a grey huey landed ans only stayed for a few minutes .

I always figured it had been converted to sigint facility or some thing.
Haven't been that way in 15 years or more,
Does anyone know of any goings on up there ?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

Mount Umunhum

The old air force station is part of the park. However, there is also a private repeater site up there know as McQueen Ridge. I knew Mac. He was a person not to be screwed with. Seriously. The park district learned that he and his family were of some means and ended up in lawsuits. You can trawl the internet for Loren McQueen stories of dubious validity. Then again, when you are a member of the National Press Club, you do have a little bit of influence over the media.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join