It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Situation-X : Would you die with honor?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
One does not die with honor, instead one lives with honor.
When someone dies, they just die. That is it. There is no honor in dying.
You fight for honor, you struggle for honor, you defend your honor, you live with honor, but you do not die with it.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

We've been making preparations for a few months now. You know, to store food for the family. i haven't owned any sort of weapon since i was just a kid, but i bought a rifle. even my 61 year old mother bought a pistol. we head out to a place in the country to shoot. I have been purchasing gear and packing around with it as if im headed to war.

Deep in me, i know there is a passionate fight for freedom. in reality i know that fight wont last very long. i can only hope that others will be outraged by patriots deaths and become patriots themselves. for that, it is something worth while.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'd fight, but do my best to live as long as possible and help those who need it. No point in throwing yourself into the fire without first bringing others to the cause. Granted I'm very bull headed and generally charge head on into trouble but In this case the need to play it smart trumps the need to make bold moves. Intelligence will be much more important than brawn in this war.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is in reply to ChrisJr03

It's nice to say ya, you'd die for what you believe, but when the time comes, could you actually do it? I can tell myself that all I want, but when faced with your own death, it's hard to imagine actually going through with it. Besides, what good are you dead? Could you not be able to do something in a camp, like lead a revolt, or something of that nature? I think I'd take my chances living rather than being shot for refusing to go; what good am I dead?

Your logic is uncomfortable to me, it seems to create a paradoxical alignment with the acceptance of tyranny and the passive aggressive standpoint that as long as you are strong and you know it no one can hurt you. This seems to be a little like cowering under the sheets so the AX KILLER will not hurt you.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying your opinion is invalid just that it doesn’t mesh well with me. I agree with you about leading a revolt in camp, but I doubt that would happen since most people who are complacent enough to go to a camp in the first place are typically easy to convince that if they maintain their discipline and do as they told all this will be over soon. Of course it isn’t over soon and days turn into months and who knows what. Its harder to start a revolt when one has already given over the initiative to the enemy.

But if you're alive, isn't there always that notion of hope? People can survive concentration camps, torture, ect... By saying you'd rather die, you're pretty much saying you're too much of a coward to keep fighting. Did you think of that alternative? What honor is there in letting someone kill you?

This one actually sickens me I’m sorry. “To much of a coward to keep fighting“?
From these two posts it seems to me you have turned dying for what you belive in and dying for a noble cause into allowing someone to kill you. Fighting and dying friend go hand in hand no matter how you slice it.
Just because someone dies fighting doesn’t make them a coward it makes them a patriot, a hero. There is a tremendous difference in laying down and letting someone kill you and being killed in action. Letting someone kill you because your to much of a coward to fight is what happens when you let someone take you to a camp.
Those few who do the right thing and stand up against tyranny are strong and just, potentially giving their lives to nip bad things in the bud before they start.

As for me, Im more than willing to die fighting, Iv seen combat and there is nothing good about it. But as I have said in another thread everyone comes to that magic moment when they have to make a choice and sometimes that choice is very difficult. Everyone dies and I would rather risk my life fighting for something then to be lead like a sheep to the slaughter living in regret for what could have been if I had only acted.

I’m not intending to belittle you or say you’re a weak person for your choice, as I have also stated in another thread. Just please don’t call those who would rather die fighting for liberty than to be imprisoned cowards. To do so shames the names of all the people who have fought and died in a number of wars since this country was founded.

Besides I think you’ll find that fighting back actually gets less difficult once you become acclimated to it if you can believe that. I don’t mean it is fun or easy but you’ll find yourself not thinking about it as much once you have done it for a while. Who knows you might turn out to be a regular hard ass who is squared the F$#^k away and lead people to pseudo freedom. That’s to say even though you are in the field hungry, tired, unclean and sick wondering what the hell you do next, you’ll always have the satisfaction of knowing you’re the boss your free and God that feels good.
All in all however I do respect your opinion and everyone is different do what you have to do ill not think any less of you either way.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by snowen20]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Remember everyone...we have the power in numbers. And if they truly want a war, whoever these people are, they will likely receive one. I will never understand how some humans could be so dark, (perhaps they are not humans...that's another story) and how can some entities be so corrupt? Life is strange...I'd rather die saving the life line of others, for hopefully they can achieve victory. The USA will rise again.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
I'd fight, but do my best to live as long as possible and help those who need it. No point in throwing yourself into the fire without first bringing others to the cause. Granted I'm very bull headed and generally charge head on into trouble but In this case the need to play it smart trumps the need to make bold moves. Intelligence will be much more important than brawn in this war.

Sound judgement, I like the way you think already!

You just picked up one for your side.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Excellent question and yes I would do as said as long as it was for a great cause (Which it is) I would be willing to stick up for friends and people willing to stick up for me I would protect them with my life. :]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join