It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanotechnology Quantum Leaps - Interesting Video !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I would like to hear what everyone has to say about the quantum leaps we are making in the field of Nanotechnology these days.

In this vid you will see them actually make multiple colors from just using different amounts of the same substance - silicone. Amazing!

Plus a lot more.....enjoy.

Nanotechnology Takes Off - Very Interesting Video

youtube.com

From Lawrence Berkeley National Labs to Silicon Valley, researchers are manipulating particles at the atomic level, ushering in potential cures for cancer, clothes that don't stain, and solar panels as thick as a sheet of paper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This was a very good video.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by polomontana
This was a very good video.

Thanks I am not a big Nano geek, but I thought it was really informative and eye opening. I am glad you enjoyed it.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hi there

Good video, I my self am quite interested in Nanotechnolgy, and this video just goes to show what the possibilities are for the future.

The part about the colour changing silicone I thought was very interesting.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Great contribution! Thanks

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The thing that really strikes me about nano tech is the surface area increase, that's just perfect for getting chemical reactions to work more efficiently and quickly... Oooh look smaller better bombs among other things.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
My take on nanotech, is its about time they released it to the public. Why would they do such a thing, for better development and research instead of private sector which costs more.

Personally, I'm against it because I know it will be abused for the worse purposes, if you think veri chip is evil, wait until they inject nanos into people with out their knowledge or consent.

Mark of beast jst got smaller...

Almost forgot, here is some goo info, check out the DARPA info on this stuff:
NANO TECH

[edit on 14-2-2008 by ADVISOR]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Interesting about the surface area. Bacteria have a much greater surface-to-volume ratio, and all the chemical reactions occur on the surface of the bacteria. It's neat to hear someone else describe flagellum as tiny motors with bearings. I work in a microbiology lab, and I've seen bacteria phages used to inject E. coli with viruses. If you've ever seen a phage, it looks just like a lunar lander, with DNA inside instead of people. Very "constructed" - it's hard to believe that it wasn't. Here's a pic of a phage:
www.bacteriophagetherapy.info

The future of nano tech is so open I'm thoughtless as to where to go with it. I'd like to see a machine that uses ATP for power.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I have three threads on nanotechnology:

Cloaking and the world of nanotech

Using thermoelectric materials to generate electricity

Anti gravity and the search for Dr. Ning Li

I am about to post another one (dealing with some interesting materials science breakthroughs) and will provide you that information as well.

U2U me should you want any further information (such as patents and publications)

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WingNutEE

I'd never seen micro-biology on this level, what keeps you from launching these things onto cellular structure within the body but with nano-chips on top?

Nano technology has come a long way you'd never think people would be able to work and manipulate on ths smaal of a scale. It's my understanding though they use carbon atoms still and have problems bonding others in this fashion. Most of the research I have seen has been largely done by Oil companies, Exxon-Mobil is the biggest I think.
We know the complexity of the hydrocarbon strains produced from oil so it's natural I guess they contribute to it's development as it might one day line their pockets.

I no expert by any means I read all my info on it through National Geographic Magazine. Yeah, I still keep my subscription, you'll go blind if you get all your info online.:

new topics

top topics

join