It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Age Specific Sonic Repulsion Devices : Just for Kids !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Here is a story that ought to warm everyone's heart: Now if you find that the kids next door or palying hopscotch on your sidewalk are a bother, just turn on the device and off they go, grabbing their heads and no longer an issue!!

I wonder if the technology can get TOO specific and target specific populations, who is safe? Take a look:

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Does anyone have a comment? This is too interesting for no replies.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This has been used by store owners who don't want teenagers congregating in front of their stores.

I think that it should be legal and that if you want to use it you should be allowed to.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Are you aware of any studeis that tell us if generating sonic energy at levels that only affect DEVELOPING TISSUES and brain receptors? Do you think it impossible at some future point that the effects of this might become known and be awful? it works because it targets YOUNG nervous systems and auditory elements. If vibrating these tender inner ear organs to that degree is safe, then prove it BEFORE unleashing it on the public!

Just because some invention works, does not mean it is safe; it is totally unvetted. I am sorry that you do not care if young people's safety and future hearing and brain function are at risk, as long as pesky teens can be forced holding their heads from a store somewhere; I am sure that they will remember that when they grow up and select a business to use. If they grow up unimpaired from all the sonic devices they have been exposed to for years..WHO says it is safe? How do they know? Until that is known, this should be on a shelf somewhere gathering dust.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
My understanding (admittedly limited) is that the device isn't "age specific" because it targets developing tissue. In fact, it's not, technically speaking, age specific at all. It simply operates in a frequency range that is among the first to fade out with age...meaning an old fart like me (particularly given the detrimental effects of gunfire and a career as a disk jockey) simply can't hear.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Clean up the litter. Plant bushes and trees. Repair your building. Maintain your grounds.

Play classical or religious music.

And the hoodlums will go away.

Sri Oracle

top topics

join