It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Model T with a magnetic engine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Magnetic engines have a spot in my heart because I saw a working test bed jeep with a magnetic engine in the outback.

It isn't a perpetual motion machine etc. in fact the one I saw was extremely clever in that simple mechanisms stored potential energy for use and then with what amounts to a trigger away you went.

It was revolutionary.

Didn't propel the jeep super fast though and acceleration was bad.

Nevertheless, it was interesting and it worked. There was no other source of propulsion at all, no petrol, not even a car battery.

Personally that one seemed a non-starter (pun intended) but it seemed to have found an interesting path to pursue.

Unfortunately that was a military experiment so I am fairly sure we won't be seeing the magnetic jeep version of the civilian Humvee on the streets any time soon.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Yes, it is possible for a permanent magnet to lose its magnetism. There are three common ways for this to occur:

1) Via heat: ferromagnet materials will lose their magnetism if heated above a point known as the Curie temperature. At this point, the energy being put into the magnet from the heat will permanently disrupt the magnetic domain structure of the material, turning it into a paramagnetic material [a similar effect occurs in materials called hard ferrites, which exhibit a form of magnetism called ferrimagnetism; the analogous temperature for these materials is known as the Neel point]. You would have to re-magnetize the magnet again, either in a solenoid or with another permanent magnet, in order to restore the magnetism. If you heat a magnet up a little bit, it will lose some of its magnetism, but on returning to room temperature [depending on how high it was heated, and on the shape of the magnet itself], full magnetism can be restored.

2) Via a demagnetizing magnetic field: permanent magnets exhibit a characteristic called coercivity, which is the ability of a material to withstand being demagnetized by an applied magnetic field. Modern permanent magnet materials such as Sm-Co and Nd-Fe-B have high coercivities; older materials such as Alnico or ceramic [hard ferrite] materials have lower coercivities. With a strong enough magnetic field of opposite polarity, it is therefore possible to demagnetize the magnet [whether this comes from another permanent magnet, or a solenoid]. Interestingly, an opposing magnetic field is sometimes applied to a magnet in order to 'knock it down', or to lower its overall magnetic output, so that it can be used appropriately in an application.

3) Via shock: this really only applies to older materials such as magnetic steels and Alnico materials; the mechanism that creates coercivity means that they are susceptible to being demagnetized if enough energy is transmitted through the material via a shock, such as being dropped or hit with a hammer. Modern materials do not suffer this type of problem.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by geocom

I am wondering if a coolant system would help and then of course that adds still more energy needed and so on and so on.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
reply to post by buddhasystem

Yes, it is possible for a permanent magnet to lose its magnetism.

Sure, I mentioned one of them in my post, too. I didn't say the magnet can't be de-magnitized, I said the individual magnetic momenta of the ions on the lattice cannot be killed. De-aligning these, on the other hand, will lead to permanent magnet losing it's bulk field.

Most CRT monitors have a degaussing device. There are bulk erasers for magnetic tapes etc.

However:

In all the methods you listed (including heat), the energy is actually absorbed while demagnetizing a piece; do you agree? So it's impossible to "drain" a magnet while extracting energy out of it.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I guess while I do agree with you on some level my answer has to be that when magnets are produced until they are magnetized either by isotropic or anisotropic technique they have no magnetic field so I would argue that anything that can be done can be undone

While I am not sure if the energy is absorbed or dissipated and don't have gauss meter to check this on my magnets I am sure that the outside forces acting on the magnet at the very least can decrease the magnetic field to a point of being immeasurable..

for those that care isotropic magnet production means that there is no orientation of the poles anisotropic means that there is a strong magnetic force applied to one side in order to orient the poles..

in using heat or force or a stronger magnetic force you are in fact saturating the magnet and one a magnet is completely saturated it can not be remagnetized..

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hi,
I don't understand why the oil and gas companies would want to shut Ford down, when more automobiles would use more gas and oil which means more sales for them. It doesn't make sense.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Maybe this was just a scam to scare them off?

I mean granted he may have purchased a patent, but this may have been trickery, just to get his way.

not the first time such an event has happened in the past.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yes!Magnetic Non-perpectual engines can exist or can be made!
Most people think falsely that magnetic engines don't exist because it's Perpectual and most people have cheated!

This is false!Cheaters might cheat,may also post spam!But non- Perpectual gravity engines and magnetic engines are possible to invent!
I am inventing a gravity engine which is not a Perpectual machine!A Perpectual motion machine is impossible!

So,what's the secret of magnetic anergy and nuclear energy?
::
eople are amazed how magnets have so much energy?,how atoms are bonded together for so many years!Why nuclear energy is so large in so small atom?

::::::The reason is that photons / light from atmosphere and universe including sun,starts,etc compress atomic particles and store energy in them like a compression spring::::Every thing is stored as compression as I Think:::::I support the idea of string in String theories in Quantum Mechanics.

So whats the basic principle concept of my invention"gravity engine"?

::::::This is what I call,"Gravity-Piston Impulse Kinetic Power Technology". Its like releasing a heavy ball over a small light weight ball at some distance from earth surface in vacuum.This means without any considerable reduction of speed of bigger ball travelling towards ground,the smaller balls get extra energy due to gravitational amplification.Well my engine works on a similar principle.In other words ,it works on the principle of Gravitational Amplification. .What exactly happens is somewhat very smilar to this equation: " Impulsive gravitational energy absorbed and used by light weight small ball from the heavy ball due to gravitational amplification + standard gravity (9.8) ;as output Electricity (converted)= small loss of big ball due to Impulse resistance /back reactance + energy equivalent to go against standard gravity +fictional energy loss + Impulsive energy applied. " I can't disclose the whole concept to general public because we want to apply for patent:There are few more diagrams relating to my idea,but i fear some one could copy..So,please wait untill I get patent so that we can disclose my engine's whole concept. AT first,i intend to produce products only for domestic use and as a camping accessory.I am doing more research for increasing power output so that it can be used in future in cars.My engine uses heavy weight piston,gears , 4 flywheels in unconventional different way and pusher rods,but not balls.It was necessary for me to take analogous example of ball to explain my basic idea I used in my concept .(the ball system is very much analogous to the piston-gear system I am using in my engine). NOTE:This is not a Perpectual Motion Machine,this is a real Working Gravity Fueled Engine.

Illustration of the example I discussed analogous to my invention:When you are simply lifting some object,are you giving potential energy to object?it's the gravitational pull that is giving potential energy to object!   And it is a matter of "Common sense" that before ball comes down,you are supplying energy to lift ball,not storing energy in ball.Potential energy is stored by gravity!and when the ball comes down it uses or discharges p.e in the form of Kinetic energy!The fact is this is not explained properly in textbooks! And yes,in between this,if you place another light weight ball due to gravitational impulsive accelearation,the small light weight ball gets enough energy to go sideways with high speed,which we can use as output! You can extract energy you supplied to lift heavy ball,when the heavy ball is comming down and you can extract energy fromthe light weight ball when it's comming downwards as output impulsive energy! 

Thanks for reading this!

NOTE:It's not so simple to invent a magnetic or gravity Fueled engine,it need genious brain! and enormous effort!
edit on 25-2-2012 by Aman16 because: Minor change.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join