It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long does the vessel of consciousness hold on after death?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TEMELUCHUS

I can't say "your right" enough. When I get to see them (brother, grandpa and other grandpa) - they are so happy and at peace and... how do I say this... so happy they shine. And they have none of the problems they did here physicaly, it's like they are perfect - absolutely perfect, but still they are just as I know them to be. But, oddly enough, my baby brother don't seem to have his tatoo over there! lol
And when they are near, no matter what I'm doing, this grin comes across my face along with a feeling of - I don't even know what that feeling is, I don't know ow to discribe it - but you are so right - it's a great place to be, where they are.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Pure love. How cool is that. No worries. No mortgage. No bills. No I'm gonna cream this dude if he cuts me off again.
How cool is that.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Perfect discription - pure love.
And how good it feels, the tiniest little piece that they bring us from there...
An awesome thought...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'd kiss both you angel lady and luschus on the cheek if I could. We are of the same elk.
God bless you.
My heart is truly soothed.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
That, my sweet friend, is what I live for. It is my reason to be here. I'm glad to have been able to help.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelaLadyS

Hello, You talked about your baby brother and his tattoo. It brought back a memory. Jeezs thanks! I do remember trying to look at myself. There wasn't anything to see. I looked for my arms and legs. I don't know if you know but that is for your comfort to see them in the way you remember. Just one question, Did you like the tatto?
Think about how you felt about his tatto, the image you see is for you and you only.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I think it all depends if "they" want to communicate. My father passed on a year ago, every now and then I still dream about him while 99% of the time I do not recall anything but I remember dreaming my father. He waved, smiled as if he was saying good-bye. Weird...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TEMELUCHUS

Yes, I loved his tatoo (and I'm not a tatoo kind of person)... it was a 'art' that kind of - it wasn't a picture, not a symbol, not a word - very neat.

But I guess my personal beliefs lead me to see him with no flaws, no marks, no defects, nothing at all but sweet wonderful perfect Aron.

At first I didn't notice the tatoo was gone. I always saw his walk and his hugs and his face and sholders... but my mom pointed to the fact that when she ses him she doesn't see the tatoo ... it was only after she said that that I began to relaise that I didn't see it iether. I miss it. It try to remember it. It was unique - only he had it. Very taistful (even for a tatoo :-)

Actualy - I've always been against tatoos. I see a person with a tatoo (that isn't one of my brothers) and instantly think things like drugs, jail time, rebellious teen years, drinking too much, fighting or self esteem issues. But after my brother died, guess what I did... yep, I went and got a tatoo in his honor. His name and dates, a long stemmed yellow rose (What I bought for him for his funeral)... me, mom and dad and my other brother and him - the entire family... we all have one of those roses to keep. But it's small and I can hide it. On top of my foot where even a flip flop strap can hide it.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
A fiance of mine had 3 children from a prior marriage. Her teenage son allowed her nearly teenage daughter to draw in indiko ink 'Mi loco ...gosh what is life in spanish....has been 6 yrs now, can't remember. I was livid. I asked how she could do that to her brothers neck!
I just don't get the whole tatoo, nose ring, eyebrow stud, tongue stud thing. It's nasty. Know one wants to see that crap. Good kid, bad idea.
Her kids to this day say they liked me the best, like that does me a lot of good.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
it all depends how long it takes you to get to the end of the universe/heaven. once you enter that white light you are met by two angels and god and you are told what you did right and you are warned before you go on your way to the next life/body. it usually takes about 13 hours to get there, you know who you are and where you are going..but once you are introduced to the new body, you are given a new brain and all your memories stay in the creation energy. and it's really hard to remember them, so in essence your memory is somewhat erased. you never loose conciousness..after you enter the new body you are suddenly awaken. and after you die you keep that consiousness and it's multiplied 100 times even more.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The tibetan book of the dead. If even half right their will be hurdles, and not so easy.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

After 7 Minutes people start suffering from brain dammage and it is next to imposable to try to bring people back because of that.

So one might argue 5-7minutes.

Then again, maybe you're not talking about phyical but spiritual life. Perhaps that would depend upon each person and their willingness to let go.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Then again, maybe you're not talking about phyical but spiritual life. Perhaps that would depend upon each person and their willingness to let go.

that's true. someone could make their soul fall into darkness and get sucked in by the earths magnetic field, they would then be stuck in hell for eternity.

I would let go without even thinking about it. I'm so ready to go.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
99 percent of the time, yep toast.
Under unusual conditions such as 30 something snowmobiler who was dead for two hours, not so much. Just find the whole death thing fascinating.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The answer to the question may be more complex than one can really imagine. I don't have any easy way to explain it in words either. Generally (for me) the body should be kept complete and whole for a full three days. After that the shell may be disposed of in the manner that seems fit. This facilitates the full egress of all composite pieces. Even though what one may consider as the soul may leave hours or days before the physical death, several difficult to explain other components need their time as well. Now for the spirit as we think it to return, it must re-create the facade, and is easiest to return in vivid dreams for that reason.
Not really something to explain here and there may not be words to fully explain if one wanted to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join