It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians: What if you met God and he sinned like you and I?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
reply to post by ben91069

The thing there is where it says god was boasting to satan. Isnt that showing pride and isnt pride supposed to be a sin? (I know Im going to get it for that one)

Good point! As many people use that message -"Pride goeth before a fall".

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Although it may have been interpreted as 'boasting' by what was indicated, and wasn't a 'boast' at all.

Thx

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Right, it probably meant to show how god was just "telling" satan what a great guy Job was but in the spirit of the thread topic you have to wonder.......

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SoLaR513

Yes. It is supposed to be a sin to be prideful for it is NOT one of the attributes of love. Moreover, why does God boast of the goodness of a man, when Jesus states that no one is good except the Father in Heaven?

If the Bible contains no contradictions, then clearly the true God placed it here as a stumbling block. It is a double edged sword.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Why can't God say what a good child he has?
I do it to my children a LOT!
It doesn't mean I LOVE MYSELF.

There's a difference.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I think since its open to interpretation god is different for everyone. Looking at the bible expecting to see human attributes associated with god and there they are. God does seem to be petty like us, and jealous and those are deffinately human traits but if god doesnt exist then ofcourse its going to have human characteristics because we invented it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join