It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do you quote one sentence from a paragraph ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IDONTBELIEVEMYSELF

here is how you copy...using your left side mouse click..(holding it down) you run along the sentences or words you want quoted..(they will become highlighted )..then you right click your mouse..and a list of words will appear. Click on COPY . Now its in some lil memory thing..lol..don't know how to explain it. ..but its there..

then you hit reply on the post where you copied text from....the reply page comes up and at the top you'll see the quote button..left click it,and a box will show..its says text in blue ..which you have to erase out ..now...you put your curser in that empty slot where text was...and RIGHT click your mouse...the list of words will pop again..and you hit PASTE..this will paste the copied text into that slot. Hit ok in that white box..and what you pasted should appear within quote in your reply box.

Hopefully that explains it. (using your left mouse to highlight text also works well if you want to delete a bunch of stuff ..just highlight the words you want to delete,and press backwards arrow key)

I hope I could help..I was such a newbie at one point,and still am concerning many things. Its nice when people try to help..I know I appreciated it so much,and still do.

Don't be embarrassed to ask..and ignore any rude comments you may get..its the little steps,that will get you further along.

I still have tons to learn....

if you have more questions..feel free to u2u me,or put them in this thread,if you're struggling with how to use u2u.

I'm sure there are others willing to help.
edit on 30-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

here is how you copy...using your left side mouse click..(holding it down) you run along the sentences or words you want quoted..(they will become highlighted )..then you right click your mouse..and a list of words will appear. Click on COPY . Now its in some lil memory thing..lol..don't know how to explain it. ..but its there..

then you hit reply on the post where you copied text from....the reply page comes up and at the top you'll see the quote button..left click it,and a box will show..its says text in blue ..which you have to erase out ..now...you put your curser in that empty slot where text was...and RIGHT click your mouse...the list of words will pop again..and you hit PASTE..this will paste the copied text into that slot. Hit ok in that white box..and what you pasted should appear within quote in your reply box.

Hopefully that explains it. (using your left mouse to highlight text also works well if you want to delete a bunch of stuff ..just highlight the words you want to delete,and press backwards arrow key)

I hope I could help..I was such a newbie at one point,and still am concerning many things. Its nice when people try to help..I know I appreciated it so much,and still do.

Don't be embarrassed to ask..and ignore any rude comments you may get..its the little steps,that will get you further along.

I still have tons to learn....

if you have more questions..feel free to u2u me,or put them in this thread,if you're struggling with how to use u2u.

I'm sure there are others willing to help.
edit on 30-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

Text

edit on 3-6-2011 by IDONTBELIEVEMYSELF because: Still cant get the hang of it

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

is there a place to practice?
2nd line. Is this for one line posts?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

yes..just copy and paste the one line . copy the line..like I said..press reply on the post you are quoting,and continue with erasing the word text, the putting quote in.

(hopefully you aren't some practical joker ,getting a kick out of someone who isn't very good at it ...trying to help someone that actually knows less than she does ..)

edit on 3-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

no joke just new to this. still dont understand, and my connection is wank

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

yes..just copy and paste the one line . copy the line..like I said..press reply on the post you are quoting,and continue with erasing the word text, the putting quote in.

(hopefully you aren't some practical joker ,getting a kick out of someone who isn't very good at it ...trying to help someone that actually knows less than she does ..)

edit on 3-6-2011 by IDONTBELIEVEMYSELF because: this copied the whole reply. not getting a kick out of

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDONTBELIEVEMYSELF

edit on 3-6-2011 by IDONTBELIEVEMYSELF because: this copied the whole reply. not getting a kick out of

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

and my connection is wank

This does not help matters at all...whats with your connection?

Edit: Also...what is with your signature...what does that mean exactly?
edit on 3-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

internet connection cuts out all the time Wank Toss Crap Waste of time
My signature means nothing. Just Monty Python #. Life of brian ect

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

This does not help matters at all...whats with your connection?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Still practacing.Hope you dont mind.
I think ive almost got the hang of it almost
Thanks

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Looks like you got it down...congrads!

Keep practicing and it will become second nature!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Thank you Gabby. I understand a little bit more,not at first but i reread and tried to understand,reread,and reread
and know a little bit more.
Thank you again

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Looks like you got it down...congrads! Keep practicing and it will become second nature!

Thanks. Will do. Next i eat the bananna.
Another Monty Python Skit
Bloody Dogooder.Donkey owners: All the same
Goodnigt

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDONTBELIEVEMYSELF

Thank you Gabby. I understand a little bit more,not at first but i reread and tried to understand,reread,and reread
and know a little bit more.
Thank you again

you're welcome..glad I could help..and it looks like you're getting it just find.

Sorry if my instructions were difficult to follow.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Sorry if my instructions were difficult to follow.
No i was a bit drunk
Ive also had a few more tonight
A few more questions.Can i/we do multiple quotes from the same paragragh without deleting all of the text
that i dont need? Can i copy and paste more than one?
Blah blah blah"said this" blah blah blah "said that" and the other one "Just went apesh*t
edit on 4-6-2011 by IDONTBELIEVEMYSELF because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

that i dont need? Can i copy and paste more than one?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

net went again
Im getting P**s*ed off

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join