It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Signed Up a While ago, But Never Introduced Myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hi, Everyone:

I chose my ATS screen name for the Indian in the PSA from the 70's and 80's that cries at the polution he witnesses in his homeland. The actor in the PSAs was named "Iron Eyes Cody" and he has since passed on.

But I think the current climate of the state of America would cause more alarm than trash alone would cause, thus the name I have chosen.

I've posted a few times before, in the Peak Oil discussion, the 9-11 posts and most recently, the post about the "gaping hole in the universe." But I've been a "lurker" for years.

Please bare with me, as I am usually influenced by Bitburger beer when posting...

mmmmmm.

I'm a father of three boys, current graphic designer, former everything, including combat medic in the Army, construction laborer, donut maker, dish washer, diary farm hand (lots of interesting experiences there), plumber's assistant, house painter, auto body repairman, antique refinisher, and newspaper delivery person.

I'm currently supporting Ron Paul for president as much as is possible for one individual. And I invite everyone here to look into the "Ron Paul rLOVEution" as it were, he's the only candidate on either side that will restore the opportunity to PROUDLY fly the flag of the United States of America once again.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Uh Oh.

I must have sounde like a douche bag with my introduction...8 views and No Replies.

Here's a link the PSA I'm talking about for all you ATS users with a broadband connection (Which I don't have):

www.youtube.com...

and straight from the government:

www.adcouncil.org...

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Oh Well, Hi everyone who's posts I've been reading for better than a year now. Espescially those from across the borders and oceans from my homeland!

And thanks to Springer and Valhall for entertainment of the house situation! Not to minimize your situation, but I DO find it interseting. Good luck in future endevours! You guys RULE!!!

And may GOD Bless those involved with ATS, like Simon Grey.

Paul

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryingindian

I'm a father of three boys, current graphic designer, former everything, including combat medic in the Army, construction laborer, donut maker, dish washer, diary farm hand, plumber's assistant, house painter, auto body repairman, antique refinisher, and newspaper delivery person.

sounds like your well-rounded enough to survive the next few years 'depression' environment... using your skills as opposed to
having a bankroll to carry their family through the tough times.

I suppose there are not a lot of people who recall the native-american with a tear streaming down his cheek (on TV) upon witnessing a blatent disregard of the environment...

glad to have you share with us...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
He was a good guy I guess. My sister-in -law hung out with him at " Red Earth " in OKC a few years back. An actor playing a part.

Roper

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yeah, Roper, as I understand it, he was actually an Itallian. Pretty Funny!!!

Whew!!! I almost let a "one-line" post go unchecked. How would that look? NewB member getting a warning for a one-liner?!?!

[edit on 27-1-2008 by cryingindian]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
St. Udio,

The Waccamaw is in SC near Myrtle Beach, Right? I was Art Director for WPDE a while back!

And actaully had the kids down to Bike Week in 2004...They like the Bikes! And I have since (with the increase of gas prices) learned to ride, myself. I have DRZ400s, but am looking to upgrade!

I designed the signs for "Creek Ratz" in Pawley's Island area...

Almost had another one liner there...

[edit on 27-1-2008 by cryingindian]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
man, normally, i'd say something like 'welcome to ATS'. but youve been here longer than i have, haha.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Thanks for the recognition, Wise...

I'm glad people are responding to my introduction. I guess if I'm going to consider myself a valuable member of ATS, I've better come up with a thread that gets members reading...

I'll start by saying that my wife said that she thinks that her gas (being more expensive than ever) burns faster. I did a little on-line investigating and realized that ethanol does, in fact burn faster than real gasoline!!!

How's that for a slap in the face?...

I'll provide a link shortly...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Here's a little information on the Ethanol vs. gasoline arguement:

mustangforums.com...

Maybe I should have started a new thread?

Let's discuss...

GO RON PAUL!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
welcome to ATS!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hello cryingindian. Welcome to ATS. I'm a stay at home mom with too much time on my hands and absolutely no controversy around here, so I must seek in out among the wealth of knowledge at ATS. Good luck to you.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
WHATS UP

I am starting a new web site..
ATS'oholicsanonymous.com.. :-D

glad to have you here and hope to see you
in the addicted section soon.. :-p

new topics

top topics

join