It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gandhi's grandson says Holocaust is overrated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Gandhi's son says Holocaust is overrated

www.usatoday.com

Gandhi sparked an international controversy earlier this month after he wrote in a discussion on a Washington Post website that Jews "overplay" the Holocaust and that Israel and Jews are "the biggest players" in a culture of violence.

He offered to resign on Jan. 17, and the offer was accepted Thursday.

"My intention was to generate a healthy discussion on the proliferation of violence," Gandhi said in a prepared statement Friday. "Clearly I did not achieve my goal. Instead, unintentionall
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-1-2008 by benign.psychosis]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hey, how about that?

The World reaction is remarkably similar to many people I can think of on ATS.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I dedicate this to italkyoulisten, and his thread - The Holocaust is overrated

[edit on 26-1-2008 by benign.psychosis]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Mistakes in the present made to correct the mistakes of the past can only lead to more mistakes in the future.

Israel was a mistake. Israel is a mistake. Israel will be a mistake so long as it exists. However, eliminating Israel does not appear to be a reasonable solution. We cannot hastily misplace millions again to make this situation right. If a mass movement of the Israeli's out of the occupied land is planned then it has to be a slow one. If Israel is to stay, it cannot continue it's retaliation against innocent civilians because of rogue terrorists. They cannot respond to suicide bombers and small missiles with tanks and large bombings. Even if they think that a portion of the people are supporting the terrorists, how can they expect anything but more support for the terrorists if they continue destroying and occupying the land these people live on?

They're not christian, but they could certainly learn from christ. Turning the other cheek here is key. Even if they are slapped on the other cheek after turning the first one, they cannot respond to these slaps with punches. They are responding in a manner which will only increase the frequency and strength of the attacks upon them, and only lead to more unnecessary bloodshed on both sides.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by ThePiemaker]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The jews were not the only victims of holocaust.

How many holocausts happened through the human history, especially based on politically?

[edit on 26-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Sorry for duplicate thread OP. Here is my comment:
This is very big news here in Rochester. I work for the university of Rochester and this initial blog comment story was around last week. It was just a matter of time before Ghandi's grandson resigned. You could not believe the pressure he was under just here in town by his Jewish constituents. It was being publicized everywhere. He lives here in Rochester and I do not know how he makes it out his front door. I couldn't imagine the consequences of his comments if he was in NYC. We were sent a mass email on Friday about the U of R cutting ties with him and accepting his resignation. I guess "like father like son" doesn't apply in this instance. M.K. ghandi must be rolling in his grave right now.

Article relating to resignation:
ghandi resignation

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The Jews are taking their Holocaust Anger out on the Palestinians. They feel that after they have killed as many Palestinians ‘Holocaust’ style by depriving them from basics Than they will be Relieved.
Holocaust is being reminded to the world again and again because they want the World to sympathize with them continuously giving them an excuse carry on with their horrific actions.
Jews of course are the ‘biggest players’ and are playing the world to achieve World Domination.

I am glad more people are realising and speaking out against their evil agendas.

top topics

join