It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Astronaut Claims Aliens are REAL!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I dont think this has been posted yet, if so sorry.

The Astronaut on the STS-80 mission makes an amazing claim, he even asked them to take him with them.

www.agoracosmopolitan.com...

Any thoughts?? Is it GAME OVER.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by II HAL II]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Clark McCleland IMHO, is something of an oddball. He said he was looking for someone to publish his book. I emailed him and got a response that was quite strange; how he'd spent many lifetimes in Egypt, etc. I emailed him back again and never got a response. It made me wonder how serious he was about publishing his book. He has a website you can check out. It all sounds very convincing; until you talk with him.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

This one is not about CM, it's another astronaut entirely. However, astronauts are not immune to being a bit off. If one will strap on a diaper and drive hundreds of miles to kidnap someone, well.....

Actually, he doesn't say that it was a definite alien ship but he is convinced that ET is out there.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
If i'm correct, there's a thread about this news, opened by housegroove23
Famed NASA Astronaut confirms Extraterrestrials are Here

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Here's video from sts 80.

I love this one!

STS-80 UFO - Best high quality version yet

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
Here's video from sts 80.

I love this one!

STS-80 UFO - Best high quality version yet

From the article in the OP:

"I don't know what it is. Whether it's a washer, debris, ice particles, I don't know."

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by II HAL II

What extrodinary claim is he making? He says he doesn't know what the objects he saw here. Not knowing doesn't make something alien or non-human in origin.

Other than that, this is nothing but his opinion. He offers no facts or proof. Just his opinion.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I do love that video, so many questions after watching it over and over again.

I don't however really like the attitude of the guy who's interview is spliced in with the NASA footage; well maybe it's really just the line where he states the UFOs are "saying"
(I'm paraphrasing here) "Look at us, see how clever we are."

A little arrogant considering if those are in fact UFOs that whatever or whoever they are must have technology that would make our heads spin. I'm sure whatever message they were trying to convey "if any" had little to do with impressing us humans.

Either way, one of my favorite shuttle vids.
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
This one is not about CM, it's another astronaut entirely.

Read the link you posted. It says that it is BY Clark McClelland. I don't consider him to be a very good source.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by II HAL II

What extrodinary claim is he making? He says he doesn't know what the objects he saw here. Not knowing doesn't make something alien or non-human in origin.

Other than that, this is nothing but his opinion. He offers no facts or proof. Just his opinion.

maybe even some info-dis-info counter type of stuff?

theres probably all kinds of games being played

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hey, everybody's entitled to their opinion, including NASA astronauts. Now, if the dude was able to come up with some good, solid evidence to back up his opinion about aliens, like some smuggled out ultra-secret documents, images, etc., that could be independently verified as authentic, then we'd have something. Otherwise, he's no different than any bricklayer or bicycle repairman posting his personal opinion here on this site.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hi There,

The video to the STS-80 Shuttle mission is very intriguing. It clearly shows the mainfestation and movement of physical objects, whose motion is clearly innate to themselves, outside that of human control or interference. Of course, we are not going to gain a total consensus of agreement amongst us as to what they are or signify; some of us accept things too eagerly, whilst others...hardly ever.

There's a lot of circumstantial evidence out there in the form of anecdotes, images, film, expert and non-expert testimony to events, and in order to make for oneself a informed opinion as to the veracity of NASA footage like the STS-80 mission, one needs to be acquainted with a lot of that evidence. Out of it all, my own personal conviction is that we are being purposefully sensitised to the presence of 'intelligent' extraterrestrial lifeforms. I should not think that we are awaiting 'disclosure', but more of a 'validation'. We do not need to be told that we are being visited, but merely to have what we already know to be verified...that is the only disclosure required.

I doubt, however, that such verification will be forthcoming for some time. We are not at peace with each other, and we have the wrong people in positions of power and control, whom I suspect have no innate sense of 'awe' as to the profound meaning of the presence of other intelligent lifeforms, especially lifeforms that demonstrate a technological capacity far in excess of our own.

We have other, seemingly more pressing concerns to deal with. Terrorism, climate change, economic failures, political instabilities, the grabbing of other countries' resources, etc...the verification of visitations from deep space by other intelligent lifeforms seems somewhat pedestrian, no matter how momentous that verification would be. Yet, such verification just might well save us all from our ourselves. It may well put a pause to our obsessive backward slide towards new, more darker ages. It may provide the spark of ignition to re-enlighten our consciousness to a more humane embracing of each other...but such are hopes and dreams; and one dream for man is that he is able to gain a 'relative' reference for his existence, and to have verification that he is 'not alone' in the universe, would help fulfill that particular dream. I hope someday that it is.

new topics

top topics

join