It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Pulp Fiction' writer arrested after fatal crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

VENTURA, Calif. - Oscar-winning screenwriter Roger Avary was arrested Sunday on suspicion of manslaughter and driving under the influence after a Ventura County car crash that killed a man and injured Avary's wife, authorities said.

Avary, 42, was the driver in the single-car collision shortly after midnight in Ojai, said Captain Ross Bonfiglio of the Ventura County Sheriff's Department. MSNBC

Andreas Zini, a friend from Italy who had visited Roger and Gretchen Avary was involved in a single-car automobile accident along with the couple. The crash was so devastating that the Jaws of Life were required to remove Zini while Roger Avary's wife, Gretchen, was ejected from the vehicle. Zini later died at Ventura County Medical Center and Gretchen is currently in stable condition. Avary was released from jail on $50,000. bail.

A co-worker of mine was involved in a similar incident that left his passenger and friend dead, but the instead of alcohol the accident was caused by racing. I have also been in too many vehicles where friends would proclaim "I'm a better driver when I'm drunk!" Never again. :shk:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Its probably a good idea not to ride around with someone who is drunk. I know I had done my share of it when I was younger and had a couple close calls a few times where I almost crashed. Stupid self-confidence.

Sad story, but maybe someone will learn something from it, hopefully.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is a real shame.

Avary's life will never be the same.

This will probably put a strain on his marriage to boot.

I'd hate to be him.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I was under the impression that Quentin Tarantino wrote Pulp Fiction. Was it the 2 of them? Or, did he have a whole team of writers?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Read the article:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

join