It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PM backs automatic organ donation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

just been looking at some sites and islamic sites
and its against Islam to violate the human body before and after death,
but that rule becomes null when it comes to saving the lives of others,
and something muslims should do

wow i feel like an ass.
and to the question i would save my self and take the orgon and be a hypcrpt, i might consider putting my self on the list in future,

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Personally I'm all for whatever action brings the best effect here.

Sadly right now the UK numbers look pretty poor
(and as I understand it that's even compared to countries - like the USA for instance - where they have the same 'opt in' system).

I guess so long as those who feel so strongly about can 'opt out' then they have nothing to worry about.

With so many people saying they support the principle of organ donation - but the numbers, when it comes to it, are so low - then I can see why they want to try this.

It makes sense to me & and I'm for it.

I'm pretty sure there would be plenty of those on the 'anti side' of this rapidly changing their view if it was their daughter, son, father, mother, brother or sister etc etc that was in desperate need of a new *whatever*.

I know some faiths stand solidly against this - and they are perfectly entited to inform and ensure their members clearly use the 'opt out' procedure - but IIRC that's a perception that turns out to be less true than we think (as Bodrul has reminded us).

Interesting subject.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Carried a donor card for years and i don't see the issue as lng as you can opt out. If you coudln't then it would be a while different agrument.

When you're dead you have no use for those items in your body, rip them out i say. If my death could save someones life and i kept my organs, wouldn't that be the last act of utter selfishness? I understand if you have religious convictions that it would be different of course.

I say this should be made law, it's pretty much the only thing Gordon Brown has ever said that i agree with. Go PM!

<< 1   >>

join