It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban to make offensive stand in APRIL?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I was just watching my local abc news channel and a report stated that the U.S will be sending a huge number of troops to afghanistan to prevent some type of "offensive" the taliban have planeed in or around april. Does anybody know what they are talking about? hmmmm its seems like if this is "true" then maybe this is the U.S's way of saying "yea we told you so"

I wouldnt be surpirsed if not to long from now we experince some kind of attack herein the u.s...something just doesnt sound right to me.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If my memory serves, the Taliban did the same last year.

I think it was due to the winter and subsequent spring thaw which allows them to come out of their mountain hideouts. Travel must be treacherous during the winter months.

The announced increase of 3000? Marines to Afghanistan just might be for the specific reason to go after this bunch and I wouldn't be surprised if this includes some Cambodian type incursions over the Pakistan border in an effort to wipe this group out.

Bhutto's assasination caused much concern over the Pak nukes and I am sure that the powers that be do not want those falling into Taliban control.

ed:sp

[edit on 1/10/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Exactly. The Taliban always bring about a Spring offensive when snows are melting and weather is warmer. The sending of 3,000 Marines help counter that offensive.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well thnx guys i appreciate the input...

new topics

top topics

join