It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Network Solutions is stealing your domains.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hello all, yes it is true that if you search for a domain name on Networksolutions website, using the who is, several minutes later it is registered.

Try it your self. earlier today i searched for stealthisdomainnetworksolutions.com

And now they own the rights to that domain name.

Everyone should boycot them and switch your domains over to someone who doesn't practice this kind of business.

proof here.

Visit AboutUs.org for more information about STEALTHISDOMAINNETWORKSOLUTIONS.COM AboutUs: STEALTHISDOMAINNETWORKSOLUTIONS.COM

Registrant: Make this info private
This Domain is available at NetworkSolutions.com
13681 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300
HERNDON, VA 20171
US

Domain Name: STEALTHISDOMAINNETWORKSOLUTIONS.COM

This Domain is Available

600,000 domain names are registered daily! Don't delay; there's no guarantee that a domain name you see today will still be here tomorrow!
Register it Now

Administrative Contact :
Network Solutions, LLC
[email protected]
HERNDON, VA 20171
US
Phone: 1-888-642-9675
Fax: 571-434-4620

Technical Contact :
Network Solutions, LLC
[email protected]
HERNDON, VA 20171
US
Phone: 1-888-642-9675
Fax: 571-434-4620

Record expires on 09-Jan-2009
Record created on 09-Jan-2008
Database last updated on 09-Jan-2008

Don't believe me Try it yourself.

Have a good day.
Move this post if need be.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
ROFL!

Is that a group where they make up name and steal it? For every idea, for every domain then sell it for higher price for whoever wants it?

If so, then that's a wise, smart business move!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well kind of. What they do is when you search on their site for a domain name they register it so only they can sell it.

So you can't buy it from godaddy.

But, I would like to know how much it costs to Register a domain name if you are a Domain registrar.

They could put them selves out of business buy spending so much money on it.

I really dont know how Network Solutions buys them or how much they pay for them.

If anyone could tell me I'd appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You're not kidding. I made up an outrageous name (kangaroolicklollypopsfrommom.com) which resulted in a 404. Once I searched for that through networks solutions, it appears that they have now registered the name.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Wait, do i understand this correctly?

You use their service to check if a domain name is still free, so you know if you can register it for yourself.

After you do this, they register it for themselves, so you can not simply register it anymore, but have to buy it from them instead?

Is this correct? I mean, this is almost criminal! I can hardly believe it.

I wonder how much longer they can do this... Soon, people will realize what's going on and stop using their "service". At least i hope so.

I also hope someone reports them.

Is this even legal? Or do they mention it somewhere deep in ther T&C?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
You're not kidding. I made up an outrageous name (kangaroolicklollypopsfrommom.com) which resulted in a 404. Once I searched for that through networks solutions, it appears that they have now registered the name.

This is incredible.

People should go there and start making up useless domain names, search for them and make them register so many, they go bankrupt...

But not us. That would be bad and we would get banned...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Wait, do i understand this correctly?

You use their service to check if a domain name is still free, so you know if you can register it for yourself.

After you do this, they register it for themselves, so you can not simply register it anymore, but have to buy it from them instead?

yes this is true..

I hope they get their license taken away.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
oh man I just searched for some very meaty ones that I can't post here. Lets just say if they end up getting registered to them, it is definitely an automated script process cause there is no way someone working there would see them and then grab it LOL. Things like: networksolutionsis.... fill in the blank. Make sure you search on all domains!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I just searched for a website taht noon would want. It was available at the time. 10 minutes later I went to Go Daddy and it is now registered to Network solutions. This is a scam and I urge everyone who reads this thread to file a complaint with the FTC. I did.

FTC Complaint Form

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I just did 10 so I can't wait to see what happens

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Which extensions are they using (.com - .co.uk - .org etc) sounds like they bulk brought some of the older domain extensions..... Any one serious about a specific domain should prob be savvy enough to avoid this little trap (although kinda wishing I'd come up with that one
)

Kinda makes it clear that registering a domain should be well cheap tho - they could of shot them selves in the foot.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm already on it, doing searches for the most ridicilous names I can think of

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Whoops it appears that networksolutionscrimesyndicate.com is now registered to network solutions. Now I can't get that name. I notice that after a while, the silly names stop being registered. Their bot is pretty clever I think.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
what we should do is search for domains of things that are owned by companies, then they'll be sued for registering somone elses intellectual properties.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by djpaec
what we should do is search for domains of things that are owned by companies, then they'll be sued for registering somone elses intellectual properties.

No, we shouldn't... We would get banned from ATS if we do that..

It's against the T&C to start gang activities from here...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I did 10 last night and they are all under construction by NS this morning. Seems like a terrible wast of money dont you think. I keep getting letters from a company that wants to gaurantee that i will not lose my domain names for only 50$ a year for each one. No thanks i can do them all for less than 100$

mikell

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
heh, I just did these:

networksolutionswelcomesnambla.com
NetworkSolutionsSupportsPedophiles.com

i did a few others, but I can't post them here...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I just tried stealispcon on network solutions and .com and .net were availabe. I waited 12 minutes, then searched for it on godaddy.com and it was taken. WhoIs data was not immediately available.

So I called GoDaddy.com, spoke to a person named Steve. Advised him of what was going on and gave him this url thread.

To summarize

Searched at network solutions
stealispcon

Date and Time of Search 1/10/2008 9:12:00 AM EST

Results
.com .net are is available

entered www.stealispcon.com into Internet Explorer address bar at 9:14 AM EST, not found

Searched godaddy.com for stealispcon at 9:22:00 AM EST, domain taken, WhoIs data not available.

Rechecked stealispcon at network solutions at 9:36:00 AM EST, still shows available.

went to www.register.com, checked for availability and stealispcon is not available . Who Is data is available.

Registrant:
This Domain is available at NetworkSolutions.com
HERNDON, VA 20171
US

Domain Name: STEALISPCON.COM

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Domain is Available - Register it Now!
600,000 domain names are registered daily! Don't delay; there's no guarantee
that a domain name you see today will still be here tomorrow!
Register it Now at www.NetworkSolutions.com.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Network Solutions, LLC [email protected]
HERNDON, VA 20171
US
1-888-642-9675 fax: 571-434-4620

Record expires on 10-Jan-2009.
Record created on 10-Jan-2008.
Database last updated on 10-Jan-2008 09:39:10 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

ns1.reserveddomainname.com 205.178.190.55
ns2.reserveddomainname.com 205.178.189.55

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm also amused to see the the absurd domain I inquired about yesterday actually has an associated website now. It's under construction.
What a scam.

www.kangaroolicklollypopsfrommom.com...

[edit on 10-1-2008 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join