It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Space Shuttle Atlantis Cancel Because of the Scrutiny Generated on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It now seems likely to me that STS-122, The Voyage of Columbus by the Space Shuttle Atlantis may have cancelled its flight because of the scrutiny generated on AboveTopSecret.com. They used an old, previously known problem as an excuse.

Whereas for the past 20 years they have been able to get away with their secret join ups with the secret space stations now with so many people alerted by the "Did the Shuttle Dock at the Secret Space Station Tonight" and people looking 'just for the heck of it' NAZA can't take a chance at getting caught.

More and more people are not buying NAZA standard fair of why it takes 3 days to join up with the ISS. They are even less inclined to by why it takes 2 days after they leave the ISS when the actual de-orbit time to landing is 58 minutes give or take.

The explanations offered on the Secret Space Station thread have been weak and unconvincing. Especially the one that ended by saying, "This is not a sweat shop you know," offered up in an attempt to explain why there are 2 eight hour sleep periods after leaving the ISS for a 58 minute de-orbit burn and landing.

With John Leonard Walsons pictures of obvious previously unknown objects in orbit whether you believe they are secret space stations, secret space platforms or just plain secret satellites, something is up there. And there are lots of them.

While NAZA has been able to counter recent interest in the secret space stations with the "There are hundreds of astronomers world wide looking at the Shuttle wouldn't they have noticed?"

The fact is there aren't hundreds of astronomers world wide looking at the Shuttle and even if there were it would be very easy to pull some NAZA magic and make the Space Shuttle itself and/or the platform it serves disappear.

And if they have that kind of technology then it would be as easy to have a substitute Shuttle shaped object assume the Shuttles orbit and reflect the sun at the proper time at the proper place. No big deal technologically. But getting caught doing this would be a big deal.

When the Space Shuttle/Secret Space Station thread was originally posted on August 19, 2007 it took a few days to generate interest.

But when Discovery launched October 23, 2007 there was a lot more interest and many more curious watchers.

But now the stakes are too high to risk getting caught and I figure that NAZA has to regroup and figure out what to do.

Work to reinstall foam and ablator - will take until 27 Jan. Need to see how long foam needs to cure until 2-7 Feb. 24 Jan is the earliest launch day that Shannon needs to protect. As we go through next week we will see what we need to do. No way can we go an earlier than 24 Jan. "It is a stretch that we'd make the 24th. The weather would have to cooperate and we'd have to have no testing glitches. It is more likely that we'd be ready to go in the 2-7 Feb time frame ... We really did not pick a launch date today."

www.nasawatch.com...

This should give NAZA another 30 days to figure something out. They might even have to quick launch another rocket of some type.

Now, not only doe the Space Shuttles take stuff up into space that most don't know about but it also brings a lot of stuff down that people don't know about.

So while they certainly have other methods of delivery this is going to cramp their style and put a big kink in the secret space station program.

Zorgon and I know that NAZA watches the posts on AboveTopSecret.com very closely because of instantaneous moves they have made after certain posts.

Its going to be an interesting 30 days watching how NAZA handles this one.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It seems the cancellation of the launch of Atlantis caused a few problems...

Space Command had to do a scramble to make up for the loss of the shuttle mission...

Seems the 45th Space Wing at Patrick AFB had to scramble and reconfigured the launch pad to get their secret NRO satellite launched... Seems they had 36 hours to do it...

Here is a report from the OTHER mission control....

The two members of the 1st Range Operations Squadron were in celebratory moods as the Atlas V carried a National Reconnaissance Office payload into space. The reason: In the wake of NASA’s scrubbing of the STS-
122 space shuttle mission early Sunday morning, 1 ROPS led the 45th
Space Wing’s charge to get the Eastern Range reconfigured in less than 36
hours to support the Atlas V launch.

1st Lt. Georgene Hilb, Maj. Eric Amissah, Capt. Davina Fallaw, Capt. Bai Zhu and Stephen Anstey work on console at the Technical Support Facility during Atlas V pre-launch operations Monday.

Ah hear is the first report we had on this... lost it on the desk

The Monday liftoff of the United Launch Alliance Atlas 5 rocket came less than 36 hours after NASA scrubbed the planned launch of shuttle Atlantis, a turnaround that took a monumental effort.

"It was awesome," said ULA communications director Mike Rein. "And we appreciate everything the 45th Space Wing did to reconfigure the range after yesterday's shuttle scrub to make it happen."

The Air Force's 45th Space Wing, based at Patrick Air Force Base, operates the nation's primary east coast rocket range, providing radar tracking, range safety and weather forecasting services for all launches from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station and NASA's Kennedy Space Center.

It typically takes two days to reset range systems between launches. The quick turnaround made it possible to pick up the Atlas 5 countdown Monday afternoon and send the rocket aloft at 5:05 p.m.

Florida Today

What was really eye catching in this piece was this statement

There was a two-minute delay to make certain the rocket wouldn't collide with the International Space Station as the outpost passed over the Cape.

Very considerate of them

So what was the big rush to get this thing up in such a hurry?

[edit on 4-1-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

what utter twaddle

John Lear really has jumped the shark , now convinced that his own delusional ramblings are dictating NASA operational timetables .

the problem with JL`s " logic " is simple - he claims that the launch has been postponed " because people will be watching " - but if they are watching [ are they ? - see below ] in theory they will watch when ever the shuttle launches - so postopnment for the reason JL claims is pointless

The fact is there aren't hundreds of astronomers world wide looking at the Shuttle

actually there are thousands of astronomers out every night - and many do take great interest in shuttle / ISS operations

and have done for years - long before JL started ranting

here is just one example

here is a blogger tracking the ISS

and even if there were it would be very easy to pull some NAZA magic and make the Space Shuttle itself and/or the platform it serves disappear.

holy cow - JL contradicts himself , again

so - they scrubbed the launch , cos people would be watching - but people are not actually watching - and even if they were " NASA magic " could make the shuttle / ISS disapear

so why did they postpone the launch again ???????????

admin edit: Civility Ignorant Ape, civility is mandatory on ATS.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Originally posted by ignorant_ape

John Lier really has jumped the shark

My specialty.

now convinced that his own delusional ramblings are dictating NASA operational timetables .

so why did they postpone the launch again ???????????

Thanks for your input ignorant_ape, it is always appreciated.

Oh, and your spelling of my name is real cute!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Zorgon and I know that NAZA watches the posts on AboveTopSecret.com very closely because of instantaneous moves they have made after certain posts.

Whould you please tell us how you know this? Because if there is an IP adress you are reffering to, I'd rather think they are surfing your threads laughing their asses off at lunch hour. But thats just MHO

I was hoping to see some facts soon, not just personal opinions.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Craig Covault, senior editor of the trade magazine Aviation Week and Space Technology, said the clandestine cargo was a spacecraft that relays images and other data to the ground from other NRO satellites.

www.floridatoday.com.../20071211/NEWS02/712110331/1007/NEWS02

By my estimate, over the past 30 years, NRO must have launched enough image relaying satellites to sink the U.S.S. Ronald Reagan.

No, something else is going on and I feel that the Atlas V launch so quickly after Atlantis' cancellation means it probably has astronauts on board headed for either the ISS or one of the secret space stations or platforms.

There are many references to the fact that Atlas V can be used for astronaut launches.

Documentation recently obtained by NASASpaceFlight provides additional details covering Atlas V orbital and trajectory considerations for safe launch abort contingencies for manned flights.

www.nasaspaceflight.com...

NASA has probably been using rockets other than the Shuttle to place astronauts and cargo on station at the secret satellites in orbit for many years.

This particular Atlas V launch done in such a hurry obviously means while Atlantis was going to take Columbus up for attachment to the ISS there were other vital deliveries to the ISS and other space platforms that couldn't wait until the Shuttle gets back to flight status.

That it was able to get the Atlas V launched in such a hurry makes it obvious that the Atlas V was always in place and prepared for contingincies.

We may see other 'unscheduled launches' taking place from other launch facilities before Atlantis is ready to go.

As to exactly what vital cargo might be on the Atlas V other than astronauts I see food for the personnel and fuel for the other space vehicles already up there.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Originally posted by tep200377

Whould you please tell us how you know this? Because if there is an IP adress you are reffering to, I'd rather think they are surfing your threads laughing their asses off at lunch hour.

Thanks for the post tep200377. They might be laughing their asses off but they wouldn't be surfing on their lunch hour. They'd be eating lunch.

They'd do their surfing on company time.

I'll ask Zorgon to give you the details (which don't include ip addresses) when he gets off work.

Thanks again for the post.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
With John Leonard Walsons pictures of obvious previously unknown objects in orbit whether you believe they are secret space stations, secret space platforms or just plain secret satellites, something is up there. And there are lots of them.
I thought Skeptic Overlord had debunked John Leonard???

I would love to find out more about this!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Originally posted by Dont Hate Rats

I thought Skeptic Overlord had debunked John Leonard???

Thanks for the post Dont Hate Rats.

If the John Leonard photos of secret space stations were real, and I believe they are, they would become the subject of one of the most sophisticated disinformation campaigns in recent years.

SO may have debunked John Leonard but I also believe he debunked Billy Meiers, and Billy Meiers was allegedly debunked also by jritzmann. Ken Johnston was allegedly debunked by Jim Oberg.

So what does that tell you?

I would love to find out more about this!

I buy all three of their stories, Leonard, Meiers and Johnston (with the exception of that information placed in those stories by those who would later use that information to attempt to debunk the whole story.)

Remember that by its very existence 10% to 25% of ATS's membership is here in the capacity of disinformation artists.

I know of very few posts or threads that were ever pulled here at ATS for the purposes of "National Security" or security violations at the request of the government.

Its much easier and far more effective to let the information 'float' and let the disinformation artists 'go after it'.

One of the problems in searching for the truth is that if people find one little fact that doesn't fit or can't be proven in a certain story they throw away the whole story. Like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Thats how they dealt with the Lazar story. Somehow they made his records at CalTech and MIT disappear. I don't know how they did it but they did it. So generally people will toss the whole Lazar story becaue of that one detail.

I've got news for them.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I agree with you John! The shuttle start delay is really strange!

Could it also be that the Columbus module is one of the reasons? It is the
european ticket for the ISS and for entering the space.

The US has the might to deny europe the move to the ISS. They are the
only ones who can bring up this stuff to the ISS.

BUT, the russians are present all the time in space. If there is something to coverup. They know about it, i´m sure!!!

It would not surprise me if there will be an horrible shuttle accident on this mission. Columbus will be destroyed and europe will never get its hands on the ISS. After such an event, the shuttle programm will be stopped.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The problem I have with this scenario is a simple one.

Why would the USA need a secret (presumably advanced) space station?... to serve as a focal point for an advanced space fleet, maybe?

If, as has been intimated by other individuals in other threads, the US already has a functioning (and secret) advanced space fleet, why does the shuttle being grounded put a crimp in the functioning of a secret space station, and or any secret going ons in space by Nasa or the US gov?... Surely, a couple of flights by those black triangular craft, that are so often sighted and are often attributed to secret US black ops (rather than ET), should take care of servicing any 'secret' space station? ... or whatever advanced vehicles they have?

Either the US has a secret and advanced space program, in which case the shuttle being grounded is a complete red herring (and doesn't really bother NASA or the US Gov)... or it doesn't, in which case the shuttle is it, the only space vehicle the US owns, and it's simply been grounded cause it needs a service.

So which is it?

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Dagar]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The topic of the thread is yet another one up from the troll-for-attention, our esteemed pilot extraordinaire, John Lear. I'll leave it to the "Ignorant_ape" to deconstruct the rant, he/she is doing a fine job of that.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That's it. I've officially had it and my head just exploded. John, don't flatter yourself into thinking that NASA scrubbed a launch because you drummed up attention on some internet bulletin board. You must be more full of your self than I though you were. For obvious reasons, this latest cry for attention has more holes in in than swiss cheese, and the only people ignorant enough to believe it are those that are already knee deep in your BS.

I swear, this forum just turned into a combination of godlikeproductions being moderated by MattMarriott LOL.

John, if you would reign in your fantasy and delusional thoughts in a bit, you might be surprised at how much farther towards the truth you may get., who knows. But this kind of foolishness just paints you out to be, well, a mattmarriot/godlikeproductions wannabe (even though you are the "original gangster" of that crowd, lol)

Please, stop embarrassing yourself, I feel sorry for you.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that ATS give John Lear his own forum space and then allow him to be personly insulted by the few rotten apples here, and do nothing about it!

I personaly dont know if John is right,some of his claims seem very wild-but respect is due to the way he reacts to his net bullies here

I also admire him for filling a profile with his real identity that shows he is man enough to stand behind any comments he makes unlike a majority of his bullies here who hide behind the security blanket of the internet with their faceless accounts and blank profiles.

That alone say a lot about them!

anyway back to topic,I have to agree with Dagar

Why all this fuss with the shuttles John when they can use other launch pads with more exotic craft?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Originally posted by Dagar

Why would the USA need a secret (presumably advanced) space station?... to serve as a focal point for an advanced space fleet, maybe?

Thanks for the post Dagar.

There are 2 theories, the answer of which might include a little of both.

The first is that whoever is in charge here in the U.S. (and that certainly is not the President or Congress) feel that the grays are the enemy and must be gotten rid of. They have secretly built a huge and complex satellite/space station complex thinking they can stop the grays from getting to earth.

Those in control of the planet fantasize about a great final battle with these civilizations they think of as their nemesis in an Armageddon like war for Earth.

Many space stations and thousands of space craft equipped with exotic weapons are currently in orbit around the planet as a so called "Planetary defence shield". This infantile system has no other purpose except to inflate the egos of the "privileged" few who set it up. Those they wish to "defend" the planet from, simply go through it as if it wasn't there, and their own teleportation technology makes it utterly obsolete.

cosmogenesis21122012.blogspot.com...

The second theory is actually part of the first because the second involves the complete subjugation of the population of earth after the so-called 'fantasy Armageddon'.

The domination and manipulation using technology is so beyond anything that most people can imagine that they are not able to even believe the power and extent of these technologies or the degree to which they have infiltrated their lives.

One of the interesting aspects of this so-called 'fantasy Armageddon' (and I call it 'fantasy Armageddon' because it is some generals wet dream that they could prevail against the grays who are only here for our benefit) is that if those in charge feel they have 'lost' they intend to destroy earth.

Their plans for the future are for continued domination and all out war. Their desire is to either destroy those they imagine are the enemy or destroy the planet so that their nemesis can't have the "prize".

One of the interesting aspects of that is that when Bob Lazar worked at S-4 he told me about a message he saw that was sent to the owners or operators of the grays and it read, "Either you help us get rid of the grays or nobody is going to have earth."

He then told me about a bomb that had been developed that could destroy half the continent of South America. I have since heard 2 other individuals talk about this bomb.

If, as has been intimated by other individuals in other threads, the US already has a functioning (and secret) advanced space fleet, why does the shuttle being grounded put a crimp in the functioning of a secret space station, and or any secret goings on in space by NASA or the US gov?...

Because the shuttle is the key to distract the public from what is going on. Like Mercury, Gemini and Apollo mission were just a 'show' to cover-up what we really had capabilities of.

Secrecy is like the layers of an onion each intertwined. If the Shuttle is grounded for any length of time there are too many questions that would be posed that the powers are not willing to answer at this time. Maybe in 2 or 3 years but not now.

Surely, a couple of flights by those black triangular craft, that are so often sighted and are often attributed to secret US black ops (rather than ET), should take care of servicing any 'secret' space station? ... or whatever advanced vehicles they have?

Those black triangles cannot go into orbit.

Either the US has a secret and advanced space program, in which case the shuttle being grounded is a complete red herring (and doesn't really bother NASA or the US Gov)... or it doesn't, in which case the shuttle is it, the only space vehicle the US owns, and it's simply been grounded cause it needs a service.

So which is it?

It does.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Originally posted by buddhasystem

The topic of the thread is yet another one up from the troll-for-attention, our esteemed pilot extraordinaire, John Lear. I'll leave it to the "Ignorant_ape" to deconstruct the rant, he/she is doing a fine job of that.

No, I insist you join in BS.

All I request is a modicum of courtesy in your responses. Words like 'troll-for-attention' are not only inaccurate they are impolite.

We are all members here and all due that simple courtesy whether or not we agree with the post.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

That's it. I've officially had it and my head just exploded.

It was my pleasure ITF.

John, don't flatter yourself into thinking that NASA scrubbed a launch because you drummed up attention on some internet bulletin board.

So I take it you believe the mission was scrubbed to fix a 20 years old problem? Yes?

You must be more full of your self than I though you were. For obvious reasons, this latest cry for attention has more holes in in than swiss cheese, and the only people ignorant enough to believe it are those that are already knee deep in your BS.

Your input is always welcome ITF but I would respectfully request a modicum of courtesy.

I swear, this forum just turned into a combination of godlikeproductions being moderated by MattMarriott LOL.

I like MM's

911 for Dummies-The 5 Basic Facts.

911-for-dummies.blogspot.com...

John, if you would reign in your fantasy and delusional thoughts in a bit, you might be surprised at how much farther towards the truth you may get., who knows. But this kind of foolishness just paints you out to be, well, a mattmarriot/godlikeproductions wannabe (even though you are the "original gangster" of that crowd, lol)

Your input is always welcome ITF, but using the word 'delusional' to describe my thoughts is not very polite.

Please, stop embarrassing yourself, I feel sorry for you.

Not to worry ITF, I've had a lifetime of practice.

Hey and Happy New Year.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I`m honored to have the opportunity to listen to John here at ATS, and enjoy each and everyone of his posts.

Wouldn't it be you "Buddhasystem" the one who is trying to get everyone`s attention and be noticed by following John everywhere at ATS?.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Camilo1]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It makes for some interesting fireworks; nevertheless, I must concede it has moreso become old and tiring to see the same attacks against some of the people I've actually come to ATS to hear from, and that would not include the die-hard skeptics. I live with skeptics, that's bad enough, but they really do not need the floor at ATS, in my opinion.

I appreciate a well-thought, scientific counter-point to add to the fullness of conversation, but the name-calling/demeaning statements just turn it sour . .

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptionToChoose
It makes for some interesting fireworks; nevertheless, I must concede it has moreso become old and tiring to see the same attacks against some of the people I've actually come to ATS to hear from, and that would not include the die-hard skeptics. I live with skeptics, that's bad enough, but they really do not need the floor at ATS, in my opinion.

I appreciate a well-thought, scientific counter-point to add to the fullness of conversation, but the name-calling/demeaning statements just turn it sour . .

Well said.
John I just want to say (unlike some people here) that it is an honor to not only hear your ideas but also speak to you. I heard one of your many interviews with George Noorey recently on Youtube and I found it fascinating. And then i looked into something you mentioned about SERPO. Weird stuff.

Anyways I'm curious to know how many secret stations you believe are in orbit. 1 or 2 or is it like 20 something including the massive weapons produced by the Star Wars projects?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join