It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reach Of War: Intelligence; C.I.A. Held Back Iraqi Arms Data, U.S. Officials Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

THE REACH OF WAR: INTELLIGENCE; C.I.A. Held Back Iraqi Arms Data, U.S. Officials Say

query.nytimes.com

The Central Intelligence Agency was told by relatives of Iraqi scientists before the war that Baghdad's programs to develop unconventional weapons had been abandoned, but the C.I.A. failed to give that information to President Bush, even as he publicly warned of the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's illicit weapons, according to government officials.

The existence of a secret prewar C.I.A. operation to debrief relatives of Iraqi scientists -- and the agency's failure to give their statements to the president and other policymakers -- has been uncovered by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/1/08 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well, it looks like the Senate has finally found the information that the CIA didn't want to get out.

The Senate investigation has found that the CIA intelligence about Saddam's programs to develop biological weapons did a poor job in its investigations, distorted evidence and LIED!

The Senate said that the CIA had stated that a defector from Iraq had supposedly provided evidence of the existence of a biological weapons program when the man actually told them he knew of no such programs.

Blatant LIE!

And those aluminum tubes that were seized on their way to Iraq and were SUPPOSE to be for a centrifuge to produce enriched weapons grade uranium?

Well, the CIA analysts were convinced that these tubes were going to be used to enrich uranium, BUT other government experts, from national laboratories and the State Dept., "argued that the tubes seemed designed for use in conventional military rockets."
So, the CIA tests the tubes to see if they could prove if these tubes could be used as a centrifuge, BUT, before ALL the testing is done, they reported to the National Intelligence Estimate that the tests were a success, only later to have the tubes fail the test.

They had also contacted numerous relatives of the scientists in Iraq and when questioned about biological weapon programs, they answered that they "were no longer working on illicit weapons, and that those programs were dead." But the CIA did not include this in their reports.

What a mess, a country is really in bad shape when one of their top intelligence agencies lies to get the country to go to war.

What happened to loyalty and patriotism in these people?

Who are they loyal too?

query.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
OOPS! Sorry about that, I thought this was new info, but it appears that, even though the webpage has todays date,

New York Times
Thursday, January 3, 2008

this article was published in 2004!

THE REACH OF WAR: INTELLIGENCE; C.I.A. HELD BACK IRAQI ARMS DATA, U.S. OFFICIALS SAY

By JAMES RISEN
Published: July 6, 2004

If a mod happens to come along, feel free to delete this thread if you want.

join