It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Fox News Excluded Ron Paul?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
oops! LOL

Better check your source again.
It has been updated!!!
www.nolanchart.com...

Here is the update:

Fergus Cullen, chairman of the New Hampshire State Republican Committee, confirmed Sunday evening to the Tribune that, yes, there will be a televised Fox News presidential candidate forum on Jan. 6, and yes, Rep. Ron Paul was not invited when the other candidates were a week or so ago.
"My understanding is that five candidates to that point had been offered spots but the event is still coming together," Cullen said.

Don't you love politics?
Especially this New Media, versus Old media game?

I haven't been this interested in politics since I first Switched to the Republican party, years, and years ago.

Now, we have an ACTUAL Republican Running..And the Other Neo-con candidates just can't stand it.
It's a beautiful thing!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdzialo

That little dork on "The Three Stooges" program was beinging to bug me anyway. I only watched because I was enticed by the camera always shooting up the dress of the girl that sits in the middle. Of course, she's sitting there with her legs crossed but I figured that has to get uncomfortable, right? Now my wife tells me that girls can sit like that for one hundred years and not get tired, and that only dumb guys would think otherwise - so it turns out that camera angle thing is a scam, too. More good reasons to switch.

Oh my GOD! It hurt to laugh as hard as I did to this. Thank you for posting man, I think I love you. "Now my wife tells me that girls can sit like that for one hundred years and not get tired, and that only dumb guys would think otherwise - so it turns out that camera angle thing is a scam, too. More good reasons to switch." is absolutely priceless.

On a more serious note, I searched the forums for this tread after seeing this story link

I am 100% for Kucinich, but I still want to see the Doctor taken seriously, he is like the other side of the Kucinich coin in my mind anyway. Maybe this will halp to wake all those sleepers up, Fox News is NOT News.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

The WorldNetDaily article got updated as well.

Contrary to earlier reports, the Fox News Channel is hosting a Republican presidential candidate forum in New Hampshire, and, so far, Rep. Ron Paul has not been invited.

Last night, Paul spokesman Jesse Benton told the Chicago Tribune's Jason George the campaign remains angry and in the dark.

"We have not heard anything else today," he said. "[Fox] continues to ignore our calls."

WorldNetDaily

Perhaps this summed it up best:

Originally posted by RRconservative
Misinformation on the Internet? You got to be kidding me?

If I remember correctly, the last debate Ron Paul got excluded from was the tax reform one. And he ended up having an event on the same day in the same place and ended up attracting twice as many people as the debate did.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by AlienS]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Why Paul wasn't invited

Just to clarify this issue:

RP was not invited to the forum (neither was Duncan Hunter) because there was limited space in the Fox mobile studio ( a souped-up bus). The criteria for invitations was the result of nationwide polls indicating support.

Paul is invited to a Fox News forum to be held in Myrtle Beach on January 10.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

And there is the catch-22. For the entire campaign the MSM has excluded Dr. Paul, marginalized his campaign and given him only minimila coverage. At present he is beating Ghouliani in IA yet Mr. Sleaze is considered by FOX et al as a 'major' candidate yet Dr. Paul is not. Had Dr. Paul received any reasonable amount of MSM coverage these many months you can be sure his poll numbers would reflect it. It is, in fact, the MSM who decides who is a major player and who is not. Not us. No more than you decide what is 'in-fashion' and what is not.

I'm a RP supporter. But I'd be pissed if any candidate was treated this way. It just underscores how fatally flawed this entire system is. It proves that it is impossible for any truly new voice to get a reasonable shot. You have to be on the MSM's leash.

That said I'll bve voting Ron Paul even if I have to wrtite him in. I'll also be voting against every sitting Congressperson I can. In this election and every future one until they start representing The People for a change.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Originally posted by jtma508

And there is the catch-22. For the entire campaign the MSM has excluded Dr. Paul, marginalized his campaign and given him only minimila coverage. At present he is beating Ghouliani in IA yet Mr. Sleaze is considered by FOX et al as a 'major' candidate yet Dr. Paul is not. Had Dr. Paul received any reasonable amount of MSM coverage these many months you can be sure his poll numbers would reflect it. It is, in fact, the MSM who decides who is a major player and who is not. Not us. No more than you decide what is 'in-fashion' and what is not.

Hasn't he been part of the previous debates? I know I've seen him interviewed 1 on 1 on Fox, CNN, and others. Glenn Beck did an entire hour with him recently.

A regional candidate must spend money to gain recognition. I've heard RP is good at raising funds; perhaps now is the time to start spending some of it.

That being said, the criteria for inclusion was:

The network said it had limited space in its studio -- a souped-up bus -- and that it invited candidates who had received double-digit support in recent polls.

Has RP received double-digit support in recent polls?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Why yes he has. But it depends on which polls they choose to use. ABC themselves recently reported that he was at 11% in IA.

And as far as earlier debates go, check some of the sites that actually monitor the debates and press coverage. You'll be flored when you see how little debate time Ron Paul got relative to the 'major' candidates. I realize there have been some MSM appearances but a tiny fraction compared to the 'front runners'.

Watch the news on any major network toniught. They'll show poll numbers but only for the other candidates. Dr. Paul is nearly always omitted. How can he be expected to rise in the polls when the MSM never shows him? And they nearly always refer to him as a 'Libertarian' candidate. Last I looked he was a sitting, 10-term Republican Congressman.

It's not just this "debate". This marginalization has been going on continually since the beginning.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well, tomorrow are the Iowa caucuses. It'll be interesting to see how the candidates fare. Then next week, the New Hampshire primaries are held.

Let the games begin!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Today's Zogby poll shows:

Former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson is in third place in the Republican race at 11 percent and Arizona Sen. John McCain slipped two points to 10 percent. Texas Rep. Ron Paul also registered 10 percent.

Reuters

So Dr. Paul is out of 3rd place by 1%? That is clearly within the poll's margin of error so he is effectively in a 3-way tie for 3rd. And they want to exclude him from the debate because?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I read about this yesterday. I find it to be an absolute outrage and a clear sign that there is genuine concern about him being a significant player in the weeks to come. Once the elitists, and the leaders in the republican party came to this realization, the rigging was going to commence. Let it begin...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The Federal Election Commission and the attorney General of New Hampshire need to bring Federal Electioneering charges against FOX News. Their "roundtable" constitutes a clear advocacy of certain Candidates, and disadvocacy of others, which under Federal Campaign finance laws amounts to a paid political advertisement. This also is an FCC matter. The running of political advocacy ads without declaration of, or payment by the advocate is a violation of FCC rules regarding federal campaigns. It's time for the people to demand the illegal corporate shilling for candidates ceases.

[edit on 5/1/2008 by shooterbrody]

[edit on 5/1/2008 by shooterbrody]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
He bought an hour of TV time in New Hampshire, on debate day.
Union Leader

Wonder what the Ron Paul Show will be about?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
FOX loses GOP endorsement of debate

Interesting update: The NH GOP has dropped their affiliation with Fox News because of this issue:

Fox Loses GOP Debate Support
The New Hampshire Republican Party dropped their affiliation with a Republican debate sponsored by Fox News tomorrow night because they have limited the number of candidates that can participate, according to a report in Boston.com.
:
The Fox debate is excluding Texas Congressman Ron Paul even though he polls higher in New Hampshire and has raised significantly more money, and is campaigning more in New Hampshire than Fred Thompson who is invited.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I wonder if this is a face-saving move by the GOP, while I welcome them distancing themselves from FOX trying to choose a candidate for New Hampshire, I don't see much GOP support for Paul anyway.

I just want more time to see and hear what Paul has to say, especially when the field is narrowed by VOTERS not by the MEDIA.

It would be very important for Paul to continue to be seen by a national audience should he eventually run as an Independent later this year.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join