It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Fox News Excluded Ron Paul?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Has Fox News Excluded Ron Paul?

www.ronpaul2008.com

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – According to the New Hampshire State Republican Party and an Associated Press report, Republican presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul will be excluded from an upcoming forum of Republican candidates to be broadcast by Fox News on January 6, 2008.

“Given Ron Paul’s support in New Hampshire and his recent historic fundraising success, it is outrageous that Dr. Paul would be excluded,”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
So the candidate who broke fund raising records, raised the most money this quarter, and has won the most straw polls gets left out. Is this still America?

www.ronpaul2008.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This is big if true. As soon as he starts gaining ground in the polls Fox decides to censor him.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This is heavily illegal if they do not give both candidates equal airing time in both commercials and interviews... media laws.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

I don't know if what you are implying includes cable networks, another thing to consider is the amount of support that Ron Paul has in the particular state and what the network threshold of support is.

I keep hearing the same arguement from Paul supporter about how much money he's raising, then what is he doing with it? Is not helping him to move dramatically.

Fox News should invite him only if he can show that he has an actual chance of competing for the particular state, if not he will be only taking airtime away of those who are and what they have to say about the issues.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

This is a New Hampshire GOP debate.

Here is an example of their bias. Fred Thompson has been invited to this debate. But look at these official poll numbers.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Ron Paul is beating Fred Thompson at every poll and is tied with Huckabee on one.

I ask, why is Fred Thompson not being excluded if Ron Paul is?

Ron Paul has raised more money than every single one of them. He has an extremely active grassroots campaign going on in New Hampshire right now and has a lot of support on the ground.

This is censorship at its finest. Fox News is no longer 'fair and balanced'. They have an agenda and it should be obvious to anyone.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
of course they want to exclude him in nh.

they have tons of independent voters which could be huge for paul.

also, they didn't enact the rule you have to register republican to vote in the primary---another paul plus------------i think that correct--almost definite

correct me if not------i've been reading so much lately i don't know if i'm coming or going

i wonder if alan keyes will be there

i hope paul supporters get in and cause massive ovation for him or if excluded and huge public spectacle upstaging the debate----hey it's a dirty game--all's fair in love and elections

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Golack

If that the case then this debate is a complete joke, you know my stance on Ron Paul, I don't like him as a candidate, but I think the field should be equal and all of the candidates that can show that have a significant support should get a chance of participating in the debates.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Fox news has apparently joined MSM, which is, as you know: Fool Control.
I used to put on Fox's morning news show - "The Three Stooges" - all the time, for a laugh, while I did my push ups. But now in protest I'm going to switch over to "Morning Joe Job" on a pretty permanent basis.

That little dork on "The Three Stooges" program was beinging to bug me anyway. I only watched because I was enticed by the camera always shooting up the dress of the girl that sits in the middle. Of course, she's sitting there with her legs crossed but I figured that has to get uncomfortable, right? Now my wife tells me that girls can sit like that for one hundred years and not get tired, and that only dumb guys would think otherwise - so it turns out that camera angle thing is a scam, too. More good reasons to switch.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

PLAISTOW, N.H. -- Ron Paul said the decision to exclude him from a debate on Fox News Sunday the weekend before the New Hampshire Primary is proof that the network "is scared" of him.

"They are scared of me and don't want my message to get out, but it will," Paul said in an interview at a diner here. "They are propagandists for this war and I challenge them on the notion that they are conservative."

www.boston.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Be careful!!!

Be careful how you react to this.
Fox can certainly say "Oh, he was included all along. There must have been some sort of snafu with the paperwork".

Don't do anything stupid, if you support this candidate.
Keep a cool head. They are waiting for supporters to make a mistake.
Once the mistake is made. They win..

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Be careful!!!

Be careful how you react to this.
Fox can certainly say "Oh, he was included all along. There must have been some sort of snafu with the paperwork".

Don't do anything stupid, if you support this candidate.
Keep a cool head. They are waiting for supporters to make a mistake.
Once the mistake is made. They win..

i give you props as a mod---- you have a great way of going about things and keep things in check as we go----i remmeber that other thread where that member"""south something", southern dixie ,was bating ron paul supporters and i thought you were funny in that thread and had a great way of doing things--you look out for us

thanx---

yeah, yeah, i know i'm a kiss -ss--but a good job should be recognized--besides i got docked in a thread for barely speaking the truth on glen beck--no warning , nothing so----not that i care but-

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

Hey, thanks!
Yep, that thread you're referring to will be a great read, about a year from now.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I watch fox news one morning because they were going to interview Ron Paul and they only talked to him for about 2 or 3 minutes and then they asked him to give one word answers. But yet they give all the others plenty of time. Fox news is not fair and balanced and its so obvious I don't know who they think they are fooling.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Come on! This is to you Ron Paul Fanatics!

THERE IS NO New Hampshire DEBATE!

It was cancelled, so of course Ron Paul was excluded, so was John McCain, Mitt Romney, Fred Thompson, and Mike Huckabee.

Get a freaking life!

www.worldnetdaily.com...

WASHINGTON – Ron Paul is steamed about being excluded from a New Hampshire debate scheduled to be televised by Fox News.

The challenge got some attention on a slow Internet news day yesterday, with many websites still carrying the story. However, not all is what it appears.

There is no debate.

No one is invited.

It was canceled.

Somehow, Ron Paul missed the memo.

There is no New Hampshire GOP presidential debate scheduled for Jan. 6. The event was officially canceled three weeks ago. Ron Paul was, indeed, invited, but never committed to attending before the event was canceled because of the close proximity with the ABC event.

Misinformation on the Internet? You got to be kidding me?

[edit on 30-12-2007 by RRconservative]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Come on! This is to you Ron Paul Fanatics!
THERE IS NO New Hampshire DEBATE!
Get a freaking life!

Somehow, Ron Paul missed the memo.

There is no New Hampshire GOP presidential debate scheduled for Jan. 6. The event was officially canceled three weeks ago. Ron Paul was, indeed, invited, but never committed to attending before the event was canceled because of the close proximity with the ABC event.

Misinformation on the Internet? You got to be kidding me?

No, you aren't being kidded.

and MORE IMPORTANTLY, there is no mention of a debate in the original post.

READ the opening post again.

There was no mention of a debate!
We're talking about a Republican candidate FORUM.

The details are still being worked out. But from what I am seeing, Paul will not be there.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Spacedoubt, RR is a Republican, therefor liberals and conservatives are evil and anti American and blah blah blah. How dare Ron Paul want equal air time, he doesn't believe in giving billions to oil companies while killing US Troops and Iraqi Children.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Could it have anything to do with the fact that Bain (Romney's Company) now owns clearchannel? Who, coincidentally provides fox with almost all their airtime?

My thread on the matter

I am so utterly disappointed in this country at this point. My brain is so full of the crap they've been shoving into it that I don't know what to do. Maybe paris hilton is an illuminati agent whose job is to attract all the idiots in the US into watching her instead of paying attention to the coming prison state we all face.

The reason that this won't get noticed is the same reason we don't use hydrogen or solar cells yet.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

No, you aren't being kidded.

and MORE IMPORTANTLY, there is no mention of a debate in the original post.

READ the opening post again.

There was no mention of a debate!
We're talking about a Republican candidate FORUM.

The details are still being worked out. But from what I am seeing, Paul will not be there.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by spacedoubt]

No one will be there. IT WAS CANCELLED 3 weeks AGO! Forum/Debate...call it what you want, but Ron Paul was not excluded anymore than the other candidates.

If Ron Paul wants to be noticed, why doesn't he spend some of the money he raised from the anti-war whackos, prostitutes and white supremists? Or maybe he is saving it for a Independent run?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus

The reason that this won't get noticed is the same reason we don't use hydrogen or solar cells yet.

Or maybe it won't get noticed is because the United States for prohibited from drilling on 81% of our own coast?

Back to Ron Paul's fantasy exclusion....From a lefty website, no less.

www.nolanchart.com...

One of the hazards of instant mass communication is that incorrect stories can get distributed immediately. A particular hazard during holiday vacations.

There is NO NH DEBATE on January 6th. Ron Paul was NOT EXCLUDED. That event was canceled three weeks ago.

Finally, the AP article was picked up by Lew Rockwell and passed along to DailyPaul.com, with all the errors intact. Of course, a firestorm ensued on all the Ron Paul nets before the information could be verified. Immediately, thousands of messages went to FoxNews and the NH GOP protesting the exclusion.

Unfortunately, the Ron Paul campaign didn't sort out the facts before sending out a news release blasting Fox for their "outrageous" conduct, even if they did note that the information had not been confirmed. From there, the report spread into dozens of blogs and news commentaries.

An unfortunate false alarm. Lesson: Fast news is sometimes "bad" news. Faux News is worthy of criticism for what they have done, not for what they haven't done. Look before you leap.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join