It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush had a successful 2007

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Bush had a successful 2007

www.washingtontimes.com

Against all odds, and despite the usual drumbeat of criticism, President Bush had a very good year.

The troop surge in Iraq is succeeding. America remains safe from terrorist attacks. And the Goldilocks economy is outperforming all expectations.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
2007 did seem to be a better one for President Bush. I'd be curious if fellow ATSers feel the same.

Kudlow (the author) is a pretty balanced guy. He's a host on CNBC not the most supportive network of Bush and company.

Becker

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I doubt most members will agree with you but to be objective you do have to give him some credit.

A good raw indicator of the economy itself is the high number of Starbucks we now have in every freakin' corner, this tells me people are not eating rice and beans as many would like to have us believe.

So yes, the surge is working and now his critics are trying to get him on something else. Even Winston Churchill was not very popular during his time and look how he turned out.

The real test is about to start and we'll have to wait and see how the last 7-8 months turn out. Don't know about you but I'm keeping an eye on the graph and I hope it doesn't start diving and tanking like it did during the last 7 months of the "glorious" B(ill).J. Clinton era.

Now, about the illegal immigration issue...

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Fuel costs are up ,sub prime house market is crashing (credit crunch) , taxes are up, food prices are up, illegal immigration is up, national debt is at an all time high and can never be repaid.

troop surge? yes theres lots of troops there now , and the entire situation whilst volatile , at least down south has been `sorted` , just need to stamp out the PKK and fight the guerilla war - and adapt to a non *fight the ussr* type combat.

and goldilocks economy? the dollar is at record lows vs the rest of the world - so yeah thats great

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44

Kudlow (the author) is a pretty balanced guy. He's a host on CNBC not the most supportive network of Bush and company.

Larry Kudlow is Balanced?

He is the biggest shill for Wall Street, I have ever seen!

Why do you think, Krammer won't work with the idiotic "goldilocks economy" BS he spews on a daily basis!

Larry Kudlow wears permanent "rose colored glasses", the guy is clueless about economics and is merely a cheerleader for the stock market. His opinion is meaningless and worthless!

Bush may have had a better year than 2006, but how low can you go and it is hardly a time to crank up "Happy Days are Here Again". In the end, Bush had a another below average year and that is bad for the US!

Mod Edit: Fixed quote

[edit on 12/26/07 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The economy sucks bub... Milk cost more than gas and that ain't cheap, the housing bubble burst is threatening to be a bigger drain on the economy than the high tech bubble ever was... small businesses, the backbone of the economy are hurting bad and jobs are stagnate. As for Iraq by all accounts the insurgents have moved out of baghdad and into the surrounding countryside. Like everything else bush minor has claimed his successes are all in appearance only.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It seems to me that many of the examples given in the article are, at best, arguable. Data can be skewed any which way you want in order to suit your purposes.

As far as the economic data goes, the characterization that the news is good really depends on who you ask. If you were to ask Target or any other retailer, the news would not be good. Target just downgraded their fourth-quarter profit estimates. As goes Target and Wal-mart, so goes the economy. This economy is built on the backs of consumers and they didn't spend as much this Christmas...I wonder how much less they will spend in 2008? But, if it gets too bad, the FED can just hocus-pocus another 40 billion dollars into the imploding economy. I am sure it will help - for a while anyway.

As for Iraq, is it the surge that is working or is it better cooperation from clerics and local leaders who are just ready for us to get the hell out? I wonder what the troops who shipped out on Christmas Eve think about Kramer's assessment?

IMO, if Bush has had a great year it's only because he "hasn't been briefed" on the state of things in America or about what Americans really think. Most people are sick of him and are just biding the time until he is finally out of office - 01/20/09.

At best, I think the article measures success by "Inside the Beltway" standards and only reflects LameStreamMedia perspective. It misses the boat altogether regarding the concerns of the average American.

[edit on 26/12/07 by kosmicjack]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This is wy I love ATS!

Great counter arguments to the article. I think it's time I clear myself of all wrong doings! I am not a big fan of "W".

The article caught my eye and I'm thoroughly enjoying the responses.

Becker

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yeah he had a great year. Look at him and Cheney's pay-checks, I'm sure they're laughing all the way to the bank.

But well, you guys already know that.

cheers

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Here's another way to interpret "success" in Iraq:

Mutiny In Iraq
i2.democracynow.org...

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

*whistle*

Flag on the play.

10 yard penalty for sourcing a far left site.

Becker

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

...a well deserved penalty, no need to review the play...but is the story any less true?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
double post...darn my crappy mouse!

[edit on 26/12/07 by kosmicjack]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It only looks like a good year in comparison with the previous ones.

With such an awful record, pretty much anything short of total disaster looks good...

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

The story does speak for itself. You will not be charged with a time out.

Becker

DCP

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

fuel cost...supply and demand...tell your congressmen to drill in ANWR to increase the supply that will lower the price

housing crash probably wouldn't have happened if the loan institutions didn't feel government pressure to lower loan standards

taxes are raised by congress not the president

food prices are up because farmers are trying to cash in on the green craze and produce ethanol instead of food for us...see comment 1.

illegal immigration unless you want bush to have the army put down some landmines it up to the congress to pass tougher laws and the judiciary to enforce them. Not to mention the ACLU saying immigration laws are mean to all the immigrants

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DCP

Bravo, Bravo . . . Becker has reeled in a true believer that W is perfect and near God-like!

This president has bankrupted the country, he had not vetoed one piece of pork before the Dems took control of congress. He has boged us down in a war that is unending and prices are rising because the Fed is printing money and energy supplies are tight!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DCP

Well said DCP. A star and a smack on your head to straighten that lazy eye out.

There has always been confusion amongst the American populace when it comes to the three branches of government.

It's much more convenient to blame a single person or figure head. It seems so much more personal that way!!

Becker

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mel1962

Don't make fun of my newest and bestest friend Mel.

and......stop knocking my fishing abilities too!

Becker

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

To me, what's most telling is the manor in which the MSM drum beat over Iraq has essentially vanished. The surge - against my personal belief - has worked/is working.

Overall, I think it's been a good year for him, despite the challenges.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join