It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney should not be the next president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Romney should not be the next president

www.concordmonitor.com

If you were building a Republican presidential candidate from a kit, imagine what pieces you might use: an athletic build, ramrod posture, Reaganesque hair, a charismatic speaking style and a crisp dark suit. You'd add a beautiful wife and family, a wildly successful business career and just enough executive government experience. You'd pour in some old GOP bromides - spending cuts and lower taxes - plus some new positions for 2008: anti-immigrant rhetoric and a focus on faith.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Looks like newspapers are taking side in NH, thats always happens but not like this though, usually news outlets pick a candidate to support, not run a editorial on who MUST NOT be choosen, I wonder what Romney did to this guys.

www.concordmonitor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Look, the Democrats don't want Romney to be nominated because he is really the only Republican candidate which stands a damn chance, and I say that as a conservative. Huckabee is too soft-spoken and will self destruct within weeks of the campaign. Giuliani? Is he even a Republican much less a conservative? McCain, forget it.

That's the REAL reason for the conspiracy against Romney..

[edit on 23-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Giuliani is a moderate Republican or Liberal Republican take your pick . Romney seems to rival Hillary and Kerry for changing one stance depended on which way the wind the way is blowing . Romeny has no chance of winning the nomination some of his earlier stances on social issues would be more Liberal then Giuliani.

I respect McCain stance on torture and the fact that he can reach out to the other side of the fence but he did that with giving illegal aliens a path to citizenship is another thing entirely.

Have you seen and read this thread ?

[edit on 23-12-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Giuliani is a moderate Republican or Liberal Republican take your pick .
[edit on 23-12-2007 by xpert11]

Precisely my point. He has no chance of winning a presidential campaign because someone like that will not carry the Republican conservative base. They just won't.The Democrats know that... Hell...

[edit on 23-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
yeah no argument here . Rudy is closest to my political views out of all the 2008 candidates so as much as I think that he will lose to Hillary I will still be disappointed because it will be a blow to the moderate arm of the Republican party . Anyway I have posted more of my thoughts on Rudy in the thread that I linked above.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Xpert, well, may God have mercy on us all, then.. If Hillary Clinton gets the position, we are going to be in a world of #...

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Well I don’t want to turn this into a Ron Paul discussion, but is there a reason conservatives can’t get behind him? I only ask because you didn’t mention his name among the republicans. I think he is the Ronald Reagan republican and the democrat killer all rolled into one. He is the only one that can beat the democrats on their for the people and anti-war rhetoric and he stands for the things Reagan and republicans preached, not the other things they did. What’s so non-conservative about him?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Captain, I like Ron Paul.. I have said that out of all of the candidates, Paul and Romney are my choice.. I just don't know that Paul has any chance at all given the mainstream biasness against him. :shk:

[edit on 24-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Captain, I like Ron Paul.. I have said that out of all of the candidates, Paul and Romney are my choice.. I just don't know that Paul has any chance at all given the mainstream biasness against him. :shk:

[edit on 24-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

The Ron Paul candidacy doesn't have a chance not because of who doesn't support him. i.e. mainstream media you mentioned. His candidacy is doomed because of who does support him. i.e. anti-war whackos, Alex Jones, white supremists, prostitutes, and half the internet, etc.

Back to Romney...Didn't this same paper do an anti-endorsement of Ronald Reagan also? If it did, there might be hope for Romney yet!

As a Republican, I still have not made a decision. I was hoping Newt Gingrich or Condi Rice would make a surprise last minute entrance. But it is too late for that now.

Here are my thought on the remaining candidates....

McCain...Love his support of the Iraq war....but that is it. This guy is to far in left field for me.

Huckabee...You don't mess with Rush Limbaugh and expect to get nominated...Not really impressed with his record in Arkansas.

Thompson...Had really high hopes for him in the beginning, but has shown me nothing since.

Giuliani...Democrats and the Main-stream media attacks have gotten to him. They will be sorry they were so effective so soon.

Romney...I guess he will end up being the best of the bunch. Very effective leader. I guess he is my frontrunner in this very week field.

As far as the Democrats go...leave Hillary alone! Let her have her nomination. This ensures whoever the Republican nominee is will win!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
As a Republican, I still have not made a decision. I was hoping Newt Gingrich or Condi Rice would make a surprise last minute entrance.

Newt? You have got to be kidding me.
Even as a conservative, I wouldn't vote for him. He's a smart man, but he would destroy this country.. Rice? I don't think you'll ever here anthing else about her after this administration. I think she'll just wind up blending into the pages of history, honestly.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Everyone see this yet?

The ad tells the story of the daughter of Romney's business partner, who disappeared for three days in New York City in 1996.

"My business partner stepped forward to take charge. He closed the company and brought almost all our employees to New York," Robert Gay says in the ad. "He set up a command center and searched through the
night. The man who helped save my daughter was Mitt Romney."

New Spot

Interesting to say the least..

Speaks well for his character..

Semper

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Semperfortis thanks for posting that info and video . While Romeny has still done to many flip flops for me to take his stance on any major issue seriously I will bear in mind the fact he used his employees to help find a missing person.

Before he did his flip flops and if the US wasn't suffering so much from the partisan Romney might have done well as a conservative Democrat. .....
Well that's just a thought to close out the day.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I like Romney a lot from the pool of Republican candidates, he seems to be the guy that could get this country in the right direction. He does chages his stances, but to be honest so do I most times at least when it comes to some issues, some people see that as a waekness I see it as adapting.

new topics

top topics

join