It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Show Scrolls Paul Is Dead Message During Interview

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Glenn Beck Show Scrolls Paul Is Dead Message During Interview

www.nolanchart.com

I find it very offensive for Glenn Beck to be scrolling the message Paul is Dead, Paul is Dead, Paul is Dead on the bottom of the screen during the interview with Ron Paul.

I think he should make it clear that he wishes no ill will to Dr. Ron Paul. His interview I thought was fair on the surface but he did take the interview into the typical conspiracy camp.

I would like to know why this guy Huckabee thought it appropriate to make this statement that was scrolling by during this interview?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It was kind of disturbing the first time "Paul is dead" was uttered out of the mouth of Huckabee, but now, on national TV, during an interview being done by Glenn Beck, while Ron Paul is talking, at the bottom of the screen, the words "Paul is Dead" kept scrolling along the bottom of the screen!

What are they thinking? Or do they even have the ability to think?

Here is a presidential candidate, who agreed to talk on their news show, and they scroll along the bottom of the screen he is dead?

How wrong can you be, in more ways than one!

(There also is screen shot of this and a video of it on this link)

www.nolanchart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I dont know how old you are or if you even understand the context of the JOkE huckabee was trying to come off with. It pertains to the old Beetles album where if you played it backwards you could discern the words, "Paul is dead". Over and over again.

It has nothing to do with Ron Paul. Why are his cronies so consumed by their sycophancy ?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Honestly- this is big.

As we all sit around here and debate whether there really is
a NWO and secret societies that rule the world...
about whether the elections are rigged, our emails
are being read in real-time and silent black helicopters
hover above our homes with cameras that can see through
more walls than Superman... this happens.

Now- I have not seen the clip- so I do not know the exact context-
if it was a quote from Huckabee as I sense may be the case,
or it was a random piece of text that made no sense and had no
attribution... but no matter... the fact that such a quote- in any form-
was placed below an ACTUAL INTERVIEW of the candidate himself
is, for me, an incredible piece of PROOF that I am always looking for,
but rarely see...

Proof of what?

Well... proof that the media is LITERALLY controlled by foces beyond the journalists and the conglomerates that own the networks... proof that this control, exerted usually in a very subtle manner- almost subliminal at times- has been overtly wielded in this case... to the point that it appears to be a mistake- an overplayed hand...

Ron Paul must scare the powers that be so much that they actually attempted, by way of the Beck interview and the scrolling text in question, to manipulate our perception of the man/candidate and put a subconcious definition of him irrevocably in our brains- a definition that says he is dead as a candidate ( a million to one shot, a wasted vote ) and, more eeriely, a type of threat... that Ron Paul WILL be dead if his support grows.

I am a pretty good doc filmmaker, and I am trying to get a Ron Paul doc made (sort of like The War Room)... half of the reason is because I like him... and the other half is because I sort of want to protect him- as if, by filming him constantly, he would be insulated from evil.

Naive, perhaps... I just know he is a true revolutionary, in the best sense of the word, and he deserves to have more media attention- more UNBIASED, and certainly, media coverage that is not tampered with using text that is blatantly manipulative.

Maybe I will get permission to do my film- probably not.

But somehow, we all need to spread the word and get his face, name and message into the mainstream media...

After all- TV is how Kennedy won as a longshot...

T Patrick

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Actually, this is the impression I got too. Unfortunately, I still don't find it amusing. But, that's just my opinion.

BTW, having someone, whom you love, die changes the whole "joke" factor out of death. But, to each his own and I will not condemn for a "joke".

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks that things like this happen by accident must be kool-aid addled coincidence theorists.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I caught the Beatles reference also. I'm going to go ahead and guess that this was a badly interpreted joke.

Paul was the walrus!

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Man, I must be showing my age, I thought everyone knew the Joke Huckabee was implying. That Glen Beck had it on the scroll wasn't the best in taste, but it wasn't furthering the NWO agenda.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
i have 5 things to add.

1.)the whole sentence, or whatever they call it, at the bottom is very long compared to the others.

2.) "Paul is Dead, Paul is Dead, Paul is Dead" starts when he mentions the UN and global warming (which isnt our fault) and NWO.

3.) who writes the thing on the bottom CNN or this show

4.) he explains all the things we now are wrong with our government.

5.)here is the link:

[edit on 20-12-2007 by drflux]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Why are his cronies so consumed by their sycophancy ?

Mature.

If you jump to sycophancy you're basically saying that you don't believe it's at all possible that this is more than just a "coincidence".

To be clear, in another thread I brought up the same Beatles point and expressed my opinion that it could very well be a coincidence.

If you've got your head so far buried in the sand that it doesn't even come off as even a slim possibility that it was a very poor joke that was intentionally placed on that news scroll at that time, then I feel sorry for you.

You bring up age when talking about the Beatles "Paul is dead" reference. You're old enough to know that, but not old enough to know that sick things like this happen in politics? I'm more than likely younger than you, and I know these things. You don't?

I'm not willing to jump to the conclusion that it was intentional, but I'm not going to deny that possibility. Perhaps you shouldn't either.

[edit on 12/20/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Another member of the Ron Paul militia apparently ?

Lets just say that I'm old enough to know that things like this might happen but its the people who want to start something about nothing will always find a way to get upset. I pity that you cant take this for what it means and let that which does not matter, slide.

But if you insist on getting outraged I'm sure you can find many more such "conspiracies" to engage your time like the fact that he doesnt have the decency or the moral rectitude to refuse money from racist hate groups and people are not looking at this very kindly might flare you up just enough to get you started on your way.

Good luck and go easy on the Kool aid!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
..and "I am the walrus"

koo koo katchoo

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I dont know how old you are or if you even understand the context of the JOkE huckabee was trying to come off with. It pertains to the old Beetles album where if you played it backwards you could discern the words, "Paul is dead". Over and over again.

It has nothing to do with Ron Paul. Why are his cronies so consumed by their sycophancy ?

And the Joke of the Beatles "Paul is Dead" is that people were so swept up in fanatical thinking that they believed a CONsparicy Theory that Paul Of the Beatles was in fact dead and there was some "Consparicy" as to why they couldn't tell the listeners.

The Joke is, Paul was alive. There's no consparicy, and consparicy theoirsts are fools.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
Anyone who thinks that things like this happen by accident must be kool-aid addled coincidence theorists.

I loathe to just post at random, but this post was pure gold. Not only delivered a dry break - but 'COINCIDENCE THEORISTS'... ahaha love it

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

I agree LOL that was classic ... 'coincidence theorists'
. Placing that particular statement under the Ron Paul interview was definitely another low class attempt from CNN to be humorous and just makes me dislike watching the news even more as it just goes to show how the media takes serious issues of the world light heartedly most of the time.

They shouldn't even be having scrolling news under interviews as it only distracts and turns the focus of the viewer away from the interview. While reading the bottom news scroll by I totally missed half of what was being said in the interview and had to watch the video twice in order to pay attention to what Ron Paul was even saying and being asked. Maybe that was the idea CNN had in mind with the "Paul is dead..." quote, to distract viewers from even paying attention to Ron Paul.

Luckily it scrolled past fast enough that maybe a lot who were watching didn't even take notice as I myself rarely take the time to read news scrolls as it is just plain annoying to me anyway, though it was a bit inappropriate to do during that particular interview and should of just been scrolled by at a different time during the show if at all.

All said IMO though.
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
From reading your thread I had the impression that the Glenn Beck Program simply put "Paul is Dead" on the screen during Ron Paul's interview. That couldn't be further from the truth.

The truth is that during his interview, on the "news tape" at the bottom of the screen, was the headline quoting Mike Huckabee's comments about Ron Paul.

Furthermore, it was NOT a part of the Glenn Beck program. The ticker at the bottom is controlled by CNN Headling News and NOT by Glenn Beck or his television show. They have absolutely no control over the content that appears on that ticker, which runs throughout the day during every television program.

So if you do have a problem with what appeared on the ticket, you need to blame CNNHN and not Glenn Beck. Instead, Glenn Beck should be praised for doing what most people accuse the mainstream media of not doing- and that is giving fair coverage to Ron Paul. Glenn Beck didn't treat Mr. Paul like a joke as most others do. He was completely fair and I think this whole "news ticker" thing is nothing more than a distraction.

The bottom line is, if you're going to accuse someone of doing something, at least have your facts straight.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I pity that you cant take this for what it means and let that which does not matter, slide.

Had you actually, you know, read my post, you'd see that I very clearly stated that, in my opinion, it was an unfortunate coincidence.

So had you read my post, you wouldn't have just made yourself look like an ass.

Read next time. It helps.

But if you insist on getting outraged

Once again, read next time. It helps.

And if you're trying to just get a rise out of me because you don't know how to debate the facts, don't bother. It won't work.

I'm sure you can find many more such "conspiracies"

I feel sorry for you that you actually believe such things don't exist.

I typically don't like laughing at people's ignorance, but people who are so far gone that they're too blinded to see everything hidden in plain sight right in front of them, I can't help but laugh.

to refuse money from racist hate groups

Who's your candidate?

Because I'm almost positive your candidate has taken money from somebody that is pro-choice.

You're against racial groups. I'm against pro-choice groups.

So guess what? If you're going to make assumptions about Ron Paul because he accepted donations from a racist group and claim he's a racist, I'm going to make assumptions about your candidate because he/she accepted donations from a pro-choice group or person and claim he/she is a murderer.

Your weak excuses to launch smear attacks against him do nothing for you. I'm sure you tell yourself that they do, but I hate to break it to you - they don't.

Another thing I find funny is that so many people in this country are so hopeless that they'll go out of their way to attack a guy who stands for freedom and economic prosperity. You know it's a sad state of affairs when everyone is so brainwashed to believe that's evil

Good luck and go easy on the FOX News.

[edit on 12/21/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

I don't believe anywhere in the opening of this thread did I blame Glenn Beck specifically.

Glenn Beck's name is in the title of the article also. that's why his name is in the title of this thread.

What I wrote it was:

...during an interview being done by Glenn Beck, while Ron Paul is talking, at the bottom of the screen, the words "Paul is Dead" kept scrolling along the bottom of the screen!

Sorry I didn't use the term "ticker".

Actually, Glenn Beck agreed to a lot of what Ron Paul was saying!

[edit on 21/12/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

CNN is a Party Player and they clearly support Democrats and only Democrats and they have never made a secret of that. This is just plain silly.

As to the interview; it is the best interview Paul has had. Glenn Beck sounds like a supporter. Those of you who have not watched the entire interview are going to continue to make ridiculous statements. Watch it, I dare you

I was glad to hear him once and for all say he is not involved with the 9/11 Truthers nonsense. In fact he was not even aware what they believe. If I were him I'd sue the pants off them for sabotaging his campaign by lying about his affiliations and pretending to speak for him. No matter how you feel about 9/11 that is just plain FRAUD!!!!

Now that I know he is not involved with these Radical Groups I'm changing my mind. I might consider voting for him.

You won't even be able to discuss what I'm posting here unless you have actually watched the entire interview. It is very informative as to what Mr. Paul believes and does not believe. It's refreshing to find out the truth. I was badly mislead by the lies I'd read here on ATS and other places. God, I hate liars

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Full Quote from ticker:

Huckabee poked fun at critics who said a bookshelf in his new Christmas-themed ad that appeared to highlight the shape of a cross was meant to send a subliminal message: “Actually I will confess this, if you play this spot backwards it says ‘Pail is dead, Paul is dead, Paul is dead,’ Huckabee joked.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join