It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Passes $555-billion Spending Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I would have really like to see pension plan and health plan cut-backs for all politicians, instead of this mess.

Where does it end?

Congress set to spend $555 Billion more tax dollars

And Democratic leaders gave in to demands from the Bush administration for more money for the war without any congressionally imposed restrictions. The latest $70 billion in war funding was incorporated into a $555-billion omnibus spending bill that will fund most of the federal government next year.

"In the end, we had very little leverage to do anything," Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) said as the once-heated war debate closed with little suspense and no drama.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I wonder what they are spending the other $111 billion on...

Reminds me of how the Washington Monument is said to measure 555'... while the tour guides say that 20% of the structure is underground.

What's 20% of 555? 111

So the structure is 555' above ground, and 111' below... add those up.

[edit on 12/19/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by damajikninja

actually just to let you know if the Washington Monument measures 555 ft and 20% of the structure is said to be underground then it would have a total height of 693.75 feet. Not the 666 ft your hinting at.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Angrylightbulb

I don't follow. Can you show your math, please?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Doesnt matter, point is, they have the authority to do the stupidest stuff without getting in trouble.......this Gov. of ours in the US is playing God, and its not turning into an Eden anytime soon......

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

If 555 ft is above ground and that represents 80% of the structure then you would divide 555ft by 0.80 which = 693.75 ft. and to double check just take 80% of 693.75 ft and you will get 555 ft

top topics

join