It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's new anti-corruption website breakdown as masses log on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

China's new anti-corruption website breakdown as masses log on

news.xinhuanet.com

BEIJING, Dec. 19 (Xinhua) -- The newly-founded website of China's National Bureau of Corruption Prevention (NCBP) crashed on Tuesday, just hours after it was launched, as Chinese people logged on in their droves to complain about corruption among the official ranks.

The website (yfj.mos.gov.cn) was inaccessible on Tuesday afternoon due to the large number of visitors, Beijing Youth Daily reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I really don't know what to make of this. On one hand a corrupt China means the country will always be weak (collapse even), that's good for the US. On the other hand, a corrupt and nuclear nation is also dangerous.

Is China really trying to change? I don't know. But here's one quote from the news to think about - "The corruption problem in China is a fatal illness, establishing more institutions can not solve the problem," one comment read.

Well, at least the US at present time is not as corrupt as China now.

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
A collapsed China would be horrible for the US. Who do you think props up our economy? I know there are a lot of people in the country who long for the return of an "evil empire" to be diametrically opposed to, but we really need to get out of that mindset.

Good luck to China and the Chinese people in fixing their system.

join