It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We did probably go to the moon even if the Apollo missions were hoaxed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Even if we didn't go to the moon with the Apollo missions there is a lot more evidence that we have been to the moon with secret missions that NASA didn't tell us about. I bet they have been to the moon even before the man-flying missions went public and that they staged that and that the government probably covered it up.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Wow....are you seriously going to post a rediculous topic such as this and suggest that the apollo missions never happened, now thats ....well words can't express my frustration. I suggest you do some more research.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think the OP is just trying to do an end-run around the debunkers. We have the means to get there. It's illogical to say that the government didn't use those means, regardless of any evidence put forth supporting the Apollo hoax theory.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The OP said "even if we didn't go the moon with the apollo missions". That doesn't necassarily mean they are taking any sides. I

And to the OP, I agree. I personally believe the government has made quite a lot of trips to the moon and have been doing so for a fairly long time.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It's most likely that the government had done UMM (un-manned missions) to the moon before they sent actual astronauts to the moon themselves. The US government probably had intelligence about Sputnik and the Soviet's military satellite program already before they went into space and were working on something before they announced to us that they landed on the moon. It seems so superficial that they would just land on the moon without having landed on there before. That probably wasn't the first time they landed on the moon. I think we had the technology to land on the moon since the 1940s, so, the government must have at least made one attempt to do so before.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rbaker20

I never said that the apollo moon missions were hoaxed. I was saying that if they were hoaxed, that, there were other ways that our government could have easily gotten to the Moon.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Maverickhunter

there is a lot more evidence that we have been to the moon with secret missions that NASA didn't tell us about

...What evidence? Don't just leave us hanging, let us know what you're talking about.

It's most likely that the government had done UMM (un-manned missions) to the moon before they sent actual astronauts to the moon themselves.

Yea we did and they weren't secret at all. Missions Pioneer 0-4, Pioneer P-1,3,30,31 and Ranger 1-9 were all unmanned moon landing missions, 18 total. Only Ranger 7, 8, and 9 actually succeeded.

I never said that the apollo moon missions were hoaxed. I was saying that if they were hoaxed, that, there were other ways that our government could have easily gotten to the Moon.

Other Ways like what? If it's so easy, why has NASA said it won't be able to go back to the moon until 2020?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I tend to think that there were the moon landings, pretty much as they were presented to us when they happened. But... I can't help but think that there has been a lot more history made on the lunar surface, of both manned and unmanned varieties, than we've been led to believe.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Yeah I’m damn sure we’ve been to the moon secretly……

www.youtube.com...
Moon Secrets Revealed : John Lear & Richard Hoagland Pt.1

John Lear is the son of the famous inventor of the Lear Jet. He is a Lockheed L-1011 Captain and is highly regarded in aviation circles. He has flown over 150 test aircraft and has won every award granted by the Federal Aviation Administration. John also holds 18 world speed records and has worked for 28 different Aircraft Corporations. During the late 1980s and early 1990s, John began coming forward with some startling revelations concerning the subject of aerial phenomena and Unidentified Flying Objects.

Lear returned for a discussion about photographic evidence for cities and mining operations on the moon. He said that mining operations for such substances as helium-3 have been going on for years, and that antigravity ships, secretly launched from Antarctica, arrive at the moon in only one hour's time. He cited a poster known as "sleeper" (blog) at the abovetopsecret.com forum as one of the sources for his information.

Lear also argued that the moon was towed into its current orbit by a huge electromagnetic vehicle, and that vehicle can be seen in a photo taken of the moon crater Tsiolkovsky. He also believes that the moon contains a breathable atmosphere, as evidenced by photos showing smoke or vapor coming from the surface.

Joining the conversation during the third hour, Richard C. Hoagland concurred with Lear that there are artificial structures on the moon, yet he suggested they may be ancient rather than new. If there is mining that is taking place there, it could be for the "retro-engineering of ancient technology," said Hoagland, who added that he does not think the photographic evidence supports the notion that the moon has an atmosphere. During the last hour, Lear took questions from the listeners.

Either these are alien craft or government owned……if government owned…then this is the explanation on how we’re getting to the moon…
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprise if NASA itself started the moon hoax theory just to throw all of us off.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If you want the truth it is this. We went to the moon but the footage shown did not come from Australia's relay like they had been planning. At the last minute the US changed plans. Most of the footage shown is fake.

I believe there are two likely reasons for this. Either they could keep a good signal or had some type of tech problem or they had signal but felt the World was not ready to see what they discovered. NASA doesn't take a crap without backing the backup plan up so I think they made the stock footage as plan B.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Getting to the moon in the 1960s-70s wasn't easy, it was pushing the technology to a near breaking point.

Apollo 11: LEM lost guidance computer on descent and Armstrong almost ran out of fuel landing manually. The Eagle only had seconds of fuel left when it touched down.

Apollo 12: Hit by lightning on launch again losing guidance, forcing the crew to reboot which fortunately worked.

Apollo 13: A fuel cell explodes and disables most systems on the command module, They were lucky to get home alive.

Those were the major incidents, there were many other problems. Operating on the moon itself is hazardous, moondust is highly abrasive and the all the suits worn on the surface were disabled to one degree or another.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by what-lies-beneith]

top topics

join