It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reply to this if you are or would vote for Ron Paul.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Judging by your post you need to look more into Dr.Paul, hes the exception to everything you've highlighted, with a record that proves so.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
reply to post by redoubt

Judging by your post you need to look more into Dr.Paul, hes the exception to everything you've highlighted, with a record that proves so.

Please don't misunderstand. I was not casting a 'no' vote. I could and might indeed be inclined to vote for him. And yes, I have done quite a bit of research into this man. But again, it will take a complete restocking of congress before even the most insightful, honest president will be able to spin the ship of state back on a true course.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

All right, I may have misunderstood your post, To say that Washington would change Paul rather then him change Washington, Now i have no doubt in my mind he will not compromise his views as his record proves so. But yes you are correct he cant change everything, I think most supporters know this, Him being the President however would give him a platform to reach millions... and inspire change at the local levels.. thats is what we need, once people take notice of such things, they will start electing local leadership that represents the oath, they take, rather then this endless cycle of BS that doesn't change anything regardless of what party is in office.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'm behind Dr. Paul 100% --- all the way to the write-in if necessary. The OP mentions McCain. I have 3 major problems with McCain:

1. He just doesn't 'get' the fact that the war was ill-advised, fraudulently prosecuted and destructive to the United States. The 'surge' notwithstanding war should never be about 'saving face'.

2. He's being endorsed by Lieberman. Need I say more about this?

3. 15 or so years ago, I met a retired Navy pilot who was also a POW in Vietnam. This gentleman is the most honorable, honest and humble person I have ever met. He is a devout Christian. He was captured prior to McCain and released well after McCain's release. This man loathes McCain. He won't say why but it is somehow related to what went on in Vietnam. He's not politically active and leads a simple, family life but has worked to stop McCain in the past. He knows something. I trust him implicitly. His honor is beyond reproach. That's all I need to know.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
reply to post by redoubt

... once people take notice of such things, they will start electing local leadership that represents the oath, they take, rather then this endless cycle of BS that doesn't change anything regardless of what party is in office.

Then that must be the task we accept. A good president is one step but educating the electorate to recognize the need to disregard partisan politics, in favor of an overall honesty in government, must be a part of the equation.

One way would be to create the same grassroots movement as here exhibited by Paul followers, to take their efforts into the various congressional races. But it won't be as easy as voting for one man because many might feel bound to vote for their party first, especially if there is no other choice in replacing the incumbent who is dishonest.

Party politics must be disavowed before a new congress and a new president can work in tandem, instead of as antagonists.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Then that must be the task we accept. A good president is one step but educating the electorate to recognize the need to disregard partisan politics, in favor of an overall honesty in government, must be a part of the equation.

One way would be to create the same grassroots movement as here exhibited by Paul followers, to take their efforts into the various congressional races. But it won't be as easy as voting for one man because many might feel bound to vote for their party first, especially if there is no other choice in replacing the incumbent who is dishonest.

Party politics must be disavowed before a new congress and a new president can work in tandem, instead of as antagonists.

Dr. Paul has already laid the foundations for this to start happening. Even if Ron doesn't win the election, we are far more united now through Dr. Paul -- that the movement will continue to thrive and grow, and we'll have plans to seek out the right people suitable to run for congress, in every state. As the support continues to grow, the better chance of having our chosen representatives elected. Of course though, if Ron can get elected -- even if he is restricted in what he can do... we will have gained enormous support for the movement nationwide -- and it will only be a matter of time.

It's all about waking everyone up. Getting elected as President...or even just the primaries, is sure to get everyones attention.

[edit on 18/12/07 by Navieko]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Muzzlefalsh, you articulate it better than I could, and your words are also mine. All we ask is a fair chance to elect the man. I have had my bumper sticker displayed for the last 6 months. Here's hoping.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I have my Ron Paul bumper sticker as well. I'm voting for Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The only reason I haven't changed my affiliation to Independent is so I can vote for Paul in my states primary.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Love Paul, hate McCain.

JSR

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
No more views and repiles, PLEASE I ask of those who repleid to FLAG & STAR this thread if you support RON.

i think i would vote for Ron Paul.

i sat out of the last election in protest. this election, i didnt see any canidates i could really get behind. just more of the same ol same ol.
then i walked into Ron Paul's web site. i found what he had to say very encouraging. if i vote......Ron Paul will get it.

i just fear by voting for him, it will hand the election over to Hilary. and she gives me the creeps.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
He has my vote. Ron Paul could quite possibly be our last hope.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It's sad, it really is. And the reason is, no one is untouchable and "they" will get to him.

It's my understanding that Ron is a steadfast character who seems perfect for America right now and its a real shame.

I hate to be the pessimist i really do but "they'll" assassinate or blackmail or hinge some sort of control upon the man if he makes it.

We'll have to wait and see but if i was American i would vote for Ron its not like there could be any other choice.

I hope for the worlds sake not just Americas that he does make it and influence some change.

Starred and Flagged

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
ARGE!

No more views and repiles, PLEASE I ask of those who repleid to FLAG & STAR this thread if you support RON.

Please, lets get this noticed and see if any concensus can be determined, even if for our own reasons.

Again I ask of you who have posted, and are about to, flag and star this thread.

*Puts on the puppy dog eyes*

Ok Ok settle down lol- Puppy dog eyes work everytime on me. Yes I will vote for Ron Paul- even if I have to write his name in.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Ron Paul for president: Only to break the cycle of tyranny inplace now. Mccain, I wonder if he follows the crowd that have us in this strangle hold we see destroying our rights. So far the only hope I hear clearly is Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
My vote is already locked in for Dr. Paul, I am also spreading the word to friends and family, and strangers alike about Dr. Paul's message of liberty.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by 1freelectron]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm in for Paul. For once it seems like we have a candidate that doesn't come from oil or "big money" backgrounds. Seems to me like that's a key characteristic for change. If not him, it's a toss-up between Huckabee and maybe Romney. Giuliani will not get my vote. Ever.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I am giving a very serious thought to Mrl. Paul but it some issue that I have a problem with, specially been republican after the fiasco of Bush.

I have lost my faith on our political system

I will never vote for McCain he is too soft.

Democrat side, I will wait for the primaries, but I will never vote for Hillary.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I even registered as a Republican so I can support him in the primary!!! He will will be my write in no matter what!!!

We need some serious change and start to go in a new direction!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Erm cant vote for him... Ron Paul is already my president

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join