It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Camp Targets Obama's Drug Use

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Clinton Camp Targets Obama's Drug Use

apnews.myway.com

"This is not the time to go back to the same old politics of, 'now I'm going to smack you over the head with a baseball bat and call into question your character,'" Obama co-chairman Ned Helms told reporters in a conference call earlier on Wednesday, decrying what he said was Clinton's negative campaign.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blog.washingtonpost.com
www.cnn.com

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Clinton N.H. Official Warns Obama Will Be Attacked on Drug Use

Bill Shaheen, Clinton's New Hampshire co-chair. (AP).

So now out comes the big 'D' word, it really does look like Clinton is getting "desperate."

What do you think? Is Sen. Obama's admitted mistakes when he was a young man have any real down side to his ability to be President. Or, does it actually give him greater insight into issues effecting young people today?

And, of course, what about Hillary's drug use history? Has she been as forthcoming?

Or is this basically irrelevant, no body's business? How much does it matter to you?

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/13/2007 by GreenFloyd]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I knew I was just a matter of time for that. The O in Oprah must have scared up the D.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I thought our current prez was a recovering alcoholic and coc aine user?

It didn't seem to stop him getting elected and it seems like nobody really cares anymore. Of course if you wanted a job in any government department, you would have to take a drug test.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobeOf course if you wanted a job in any government department, you would have to take a drug test.

A drug test? As in testing which ones you liked best?

I can see it now: "Columbia's Pride, the choice of more officials in D.C. than all competing brands combined".

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

Please stay on topic and avoid any descriptions of personal drug use or "illegal" activity.

Thank you

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
A drug test? As in testing which ones you liked best?

I can see it now: "Columbia's Pride, the choice of more officials in D.C. than all competing brands combined".

That's funny!!!

Yep, that does sound sort of like the pot calling the kettle black. Clinton use pot (wait, he didn't inhale) and that made him "hip". Now, it's some sort of smear on Obama.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenFloyd

Actually I was on topic. Our political scene is one where the criminals are in charge of the public domain. They target each other in an effort to win a certain position, but none of them seem to have serious long term adverse effects from being admitted ex-criminals.

Did Obama break the laws of the US? He seems to admit that he did. Yet, he and the Democratic Party feel this doesn't disqualify him to run for the highest office in the Nation. What if he had admitted to having committed some other crime where jail sentences are about equal, like rape or robbery? Would he still be able to shrug it off as youthful folly?

Why do American politicians, celebrities, and major sports figures get a "by" on the same behavior that sends many "commoners" to prison and leaves them with a lifelong felony record?

I think that if we truly want to say that all Americans are equal, then admitting to a crime makes Mr Obama legally disqualified to be President of the United States. If we can strip hundreds of thousands of Americans of their right to vote because of past crimes, then why should it be legal to elect a person that admits to having committed a crime?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Is this a joke??? Didn't Hitlery's husband smoke pot? Oh wait, I forgot, he didn't inhale
And don't I recall stories from Arkansas Highway Patrolmen stating that the Clinton's were a part of coc aine smuggling activities?

This is just getting ridiculuous.
It seems that every time that woman open's her pie-hole she drops another point in the polls.
I certainly hoep she keeps it up. Her hot-headedness will demonstrate to even her most ardent followers why she must NEVER make it to the White house.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure GWB has 2 DWI's. He wouldn't even be able to get the job as president of McDonalds, yet he has the most important job in the nation.

If there is any truth to Cathy O'Brien's story then both Clinton's are rolling around in Coke. Not to mention the whole marriage is a set-up. And i do think i believe her that Hillary Clinton is pure evil.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenFloyd
What do you think?

Obama's drug use is absolutely fair game to discuss.
Bush 43's previous alcohol use was. So drug use DEFINATLY is.

Obama shouldn't whine about this. If he can't take it when a political rival from his own party brings it up during the political season, then how is he going to be able to take it when foreigners start tearing him apart when he's in the Oval Office.

Obama's drug use is fair game.
His black power church is fair game.
His past speeches are fair game.
His friends and associates are fair game.
His ____________ is fair game.

And the same goes for Hillary, Rudy, Mitt, and the rest.
EVERYTHING is fair game. This is called 'being vetted'.

Originally posted by NGC2736
Did Obama break the laws of the US? He seems to admit that he did. Yet, he and the Democratic Party feel this doesn't disqualify him to run for the highest office in the Nation.

That's because he's a democrat. If a republican said the same thing then the dems would be all over it. It's called 'being a hypocrite'. (which is synon. with the word politician)

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
That's because he's a democrat. If a republican said the same thing then the dems would be all over it. It's called 'being a hypocrite'. (which is synon. with the word politician)

And yet, oddly enough, Bush was still elected.

I don't think a person's personal life should be fair game. I think their position on how to run the govt is what should count. I don't really care what someone did in their youth, before they fully matured. And I think pot should be legal, anyway. However, I DO think that presidents and potential presidents should have regular drug testing such as for coc aine, meth, etc. Besides that, MANY presidents have been alcoholics and alchohol is truly one of the worst addictions.

But still, Hillary shouldn't be the one to talk. Her husband, Bill, was one of the worst sex addicts around. Sex addiction is no different than drug addiction, they're both addictions. I think it's pretty low for Hillary to attack someone about something they did, what, 40 years ago? But then that's standard Hillary, IMHO. I have never liked that woman. She's mean, avaricious, blindly ambitious, hypocritical and doesn't care about anything except being president, in my view.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
I don't think a person's personal life should be fair game. I think their position on how to run the govt is what should count.

Part of knowing how someone will run the government is to see what kind of decisions and choices they make. This can be viewed in the work environment AND in the 'personal life'. IMHO - A politician SHOULD have his decisions - all of them - reviewed. If he (or she) is a screw up with the decision making in their personal life, then chances are he (or she) will screw up with making decisions for the country as well.

Her husband, Bill, was one of the worst sex addicts around. Sex addiction is no different than drug addiction, they're both addictions.

I agree with you 100%. Sex addiction IS AN ADDICTION. People snicker and say "boys will be boys' but that's not true. Bill Clinton has a sex addiction. This put him in serious jeapordy as president. He was in a position to be blackmailed - and having our POTUS being blackmailed is definately BAD for this country.

I don't know if that reflects on Hillary or not however. It was her husband, and not her, who suffered (and probably still does) from this addiction. I suppose you could question her decision to stay with him and her decision to help cover up his numerous sex romps, and that she helped cover up his sex romps when they came under the umbrella of investigation for the sexual harrassment suit.

Bills sex addiction isn't Hillary's. But her cover up of his illegal and immoral behaviors while POTUS due to the sex addiction definately should be taken into consideration.

Excellent point forestlady.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton didn't make those remarks. Someone in her campaign did, but she has disavowed them. Therefore, this is not an issue between them. As long as Obama is not using drugs now, I have no problem with what he did in his youth. A lot of people have experimented with them at some time in their lives.

top topics

join