It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recommended books?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I couldn't figure out the right section to post this under, so I'll just post it here...

Can you people recommend to me any good books related to things like military bases (top sercret such as Area 51, etc...) or any bases for that matter, our (the U.S.) past/present/future weapons (stealth, nuclear...), them are the two main topics I'm interested in, but I'm open to others as well. This sounds kind of funny asking for as it could seem like I'm a terrorist
I'm just to the point where I can't get enough information fed to me on these topics
Thanks for any recommendations.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by pyxsul]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I can't, but I would encourage everyone to read "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Sard. It is a very deep book written very simply which lends it to be powerful to all people.

Read it, it is only about 200 pages so it's a quick read.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
www.amazon.com...=1076171367//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/102-9418874-2595318?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Timothy Good wrote this book about UFOs, government secrecy on the issue. Yes the namesake book as it is the same appellation as this web site.

The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind

www.amazon.com...=1076171456/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/102-9418874-2595318

This is probably one of the best books I have ever read, and it takes a little effort to define his simple ideas, to remember his definitions and what they mean. It is intense, and most of all it may free you from needless difficulties in philosophical and even religious obsessions. You will understand yourself better, even if you disagree with his essential thesis. It may help you understand any other book better, as dealing with language, consciousness, social structures and the psychology of historical religions.

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
While not really centered around bases, you might look at Alien Agenda by Jim Maars. Was an interesting read.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Wow, no responds and all of a sudden 3.
Thanks for the recommendations you three.

new topics

top topics

join