It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof! Guns Do Stop Gun Violence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Proof! Guns Do Stop Gun Violence

www.worldnetdaily.com

DENVER – The female security guard who shot and stopped a gunman at a Colorado Springs church yesterday is crediting God for helping her to resolve the threat by killing the assailant.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I love this story I have been telling people this for years! If you arm people the nuts that go out and shoot aimlessly into crowds will think twice about it...I am sure that some will argue if they are on a suicide mission they will not care but....At least if we arm folks we will end this kind of stuff quiker by putting them in a body bag faster....

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

MBF

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I agree 100%. People would think twice about robbing a store if they had to worry about the other customers in the store taking aim at them.

When I was in high school, many years ago, we would drive to school with our rifles and shotguns in the gun rack behind the seat of our pickup truck and we didn't have the violence problem in school that we do now.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Chick-chick

The scariest sound a trouble makin' gunmen will ever hear.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MBF

Yeah with proper training and a little common sence guns save lives I think if people would loosen up more would hop on board and wake up about gun protection...People claim it would be chaos but I tend to disagree and have more faith in people than that....Its like if you have a big group of folks in a crowd and one starts swining randomly people do not run and hide they tend to work together to stop the trouble maker...I say arm teahcers if they want to be allow guns in malls etc....This whole "if you own a gun" your a nut train of thought needs to be suppressed....Most people who own a gun legally have respect somthing criminals do not have obviously laws do not bother them....And it goes the same way for someone with a mental illness...If you have someone that truly has a death wish there is no ammount of psychiatry in the world that will help....They simply have given up...

MBF

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Just about every news report that you see on TV concerning guns is negative. All we ever hear is how bad guns are. The gun is not the problem, it is the nut behind it.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well, I agree...

However, you will forever have those who argue that if there weren't any guns at all, it would be a non-issue...So...

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Guns are not the problem,For one you can "never" get rid of all the guns period....And even if you could violence and evil would still be around and we know if you take one weapon away there is always another weapon....Cars,Knives,Rocks etc....If it can be a weapon it will be used to kill or wound....Heck even bare hands can be a deadly weapon wana cut everyones hands off aswell???

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Yeah, sentinel, that is what I have always said as well. If you ban guns where do you stop... Do you ban knives? Baseball Bats? Pointy sticks? How about poles? Where does the banning stop? I'm just saying, you're always going to have those who will argue otherwise.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel 1

Yeah, but it's no use if the person with the weapon is the only one with a weapon. They'll go on their rampage and kill as many as possible before help arrives. If people are armed with any kind of weapon to match what the assailant has then lives are saved. It's always a shame to lose just one life, but to lose more without a true fight is shame on us.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Proof

That a group of unarmed people started by one person can defeat not just one but an entire army.

So I suppose these types of tit for tat headlines "pro and anti gun" could/will go on until we are all nuked to death one day probably,if its not we`re all wiped out then?

Started with sticks and stones and progressed to nukes and once used world wide, hopefully we learn and dont go back to sticks and stones.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Yea it is true when our fore fathers broke free from the British they did just that they stole their guns and beat them with their own weapons....Along with determination aswell of course.....It is in the history....Isnt it funny how all dictatorships want gun gone????

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
same thing happened here a few months ago.

some little punk started shooting up a local mall, and an armed off duty officer took him out before he could kill more people.
who knows how many people this guy and the woman outside the church saved, i heard reports that the guy in colorado was headed into a church with roughly 7000 people inside before he was put down. This woman is a hero.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
That is the way tpdays world is to bad we have to shoot first and ask later....But it seems if you wana live that is the way....

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It's funny that nobody mentions the one thing connecting all the recent "massacres" is that they were in "gun-free zones."

The moment some murderous jackass steps into a non "gun-free zone" he gets shot to death before he can cause another "massacre."

C'mon news people, you're all so quick to post false pictures, trot out made up buzz words like "assault rifle", claim high-powered this and that without context or parameters, and even make up ammunition (7.66mm? WTH!!) but you can;t make the most obvious and simple connection between all of these shootings? They happened in "gun-free" zones!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Its amazing how that works huh? Give the people a way to protect themselves and criminals get stopped in their tracks. Thank goodness someone was there to match deadly force with deadly force otherwise more innocent people would have lost their lives.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Thank god for that armed security guard. Time and again there are countless stories of armed citizens, security guards and LEOs stopping lunatics on rampages and yet we never hear about it. All we ever hear is "guns = evil" and
anyone who owns a gun = radical militia anti government animal killer nutcase wacko".

We need to make firearms safety/firearms education courses a mandatory class in every school in America so that people learn to properly handle firearms and learn what they are capable of doing. Maybe it will even cut down on the idiots on CNN and FOX calling an SKS an "high powered assault rifle". My favorite was the idiot on CNN who called the Heckler & Koch MP5A4s carried by the USBP Tactical Team in the Elian Gonzalez incident M-17s.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I dont think this woman has recived a proper treatment here on ATS.

She is a hero, this was a heroic act, she save countless lives

Guns are good.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It looks like he actually killed himself after being shot. I just heard it on the news in the car.
Link to story

[edit on 11-12-2007 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
As a constantly armed Law Enforcement Officer I will tell you this..

I and all of my comrades are 100% in FAVOR of citizens concealed carry!!!!!

Face it, there are 725K or so Law Enforcement Officers in a population of what? 300Million plus....

I NEED THE HELP PEOPLE....

Make sure you vote that way in the coming elections...

Semper

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join