It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study Explodes Human-Global Warming Story

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

New Study Explodes Human-Global Warming Story

www.newsmax.com

As much of the U.S. is being blasted by vicious ice storms, a blockbuster report published in a prestigious scientific journal insists that the evidence shows that climate warming is both natural and unstoppable and that carbon dioxide (CO2) is not a pollutant.

Writing in the International Journal of Climatology of the Royal Meteorological Society, professor David H. Douglass (of the University of Rochester), professor John R. Christy (of the University of Alabama), Benjamin D. Pearson and professor S. Fred Singer (of the University of Virginia) report that observed patterns of temperature changes ("fingerprints") over the last 30 years disagree with what greenhouse models predict and can better be explained by natural factors, such as solar variability.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Global Warming - a PHILOSOSPOHICAL approach
Global Cooling!
Climate summary fuels worry
Al Gore is wrong on global warming

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well, I am sure you will all undoubtedly challenge the findings because they are not sanctioned by the UN, like the IPCC.

"The mechanism for producing such cyclical climate changes is still under discussion; but they are most likely caused by variations in the solar wind and associated magnetic fields that affect the flux of cosmic rays incident on the earth’s atmosphere.

"In turn, such cosmic rays are believed to influence cloudiness and thereby control the amount of sunlight reaching the earth’s surface­ and thus the climate.

"Our research demonstrates that the ongoing rise of atmospheric CO2 has only a minor influence on climate change. We must conclude, therefore, that attempts to control CO2 emissions are ineffective and pointless — but very costly."

Brilliant!!!!!!! I love it! Finally an organization not afraid to tell the truth!!!!!

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I've got a funny feeling "global warming" was invented to serve someone's agenda. Sure the world is going through changes, but I seriously doubt we will ever be told the truth why by our politicians.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

Cool, man. I'm excited to see more and more of your posts about climate change. You seem to be pretty tenacious in your pursuit of what is "truth" when it comes to this matter. I used to be a "Al Gore" believer, until I did a little digging of my own after I read about the carbon tax. I've been quite the lurk on your posts about global warming and they all seem to pan out. As much as this needs to be exposed, we do need to cut down on our C02 for other purposes such as air quality and the like, but you've seem to quiet down the "inconvenience" crowd.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If the Earth is considered a closed system (which it is not) then I'd have to agree that CO2 emissions have no effect on the surrounding environment, unfortunately they do and I'd like to see it cleaned up so that I can breath better. Or are we going to rely on the evolution of more efficient lungs that readily adapt to CO2? I mean that in all seriousness: natural selection.

If nothing is wrong then why do we worry about anything? I mean pouring oil into the oceans should be fine too... there's gotta be natural oil leaks every few centuries... but it still doesn't incite the go-ahead or "nothing's wrong" flag.

Global warming, or rather global temperature oscillation is natural... we all know that. But who can prove that the amount of CO2 emissions that we are giving off pose no immediate threat to the global atmosphere?

I think we should agree that it is unhealthy for us and that is the topic of importance when it comes to CO2.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

The article states it has "minor" effects on global climate change, but none liken to what is currently taking place. The air quality argument is definitely one to go over though. C02 is definitely making it's rounds on the environment one way or another.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Yeah right
And 10,000 OTHER climactic scientists are of course completely confused about the causes of global warming.... to the point of warning the whole global, political power structures just last week. Boy I bet they feel kinda stupid now, huh??

I wonder how much Enron & Shell paid this guy to publish this report???

J.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I am glad to see some of the truth coming out concerning "global" (more like solar system) warming. I do not believe humans are the end all cause of global warming. I do believe we may have a small effect on it, but we are not the sole cause.

What these global warming advocates do not know, or tell you, is that almost all of the planets in our solar system are also undergoing global climate changes, not just the earth.

Having "global warming" stated as fact also serves a purpose for the government, namely "Green Taxes". They are currently trying to, or already have, begun to push tax bills through that will levy taxes on people that are not global warming friendly. This will be a nice new source of tax income for the government, based on absolutely nothing.

Why would the government suddenly change their minds, and risk lossing countless money on green taxes?

You're right, they wouldn't.

Food for thought.

-xmad

[edit on 10-12-2007 by xmaddness]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The truth??? Puleeeze! This is just more Bu#e, pro-oil propaganda - plain & simple.

J.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

The money they'll be making on continual oil production AND the global carbon tax is substantial compared to the alternative.

I used to think the same thing, my friend, but oh the tangled webs they weave.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

'Food for thought'? No - not really. Trust me - the US government is not interested in 'green taxes' - or global warming, as there is far too much money to be made in the car/oil industry. It's the people who BUY this anti-Green BS that are being taken for a ride...

Now THAT'S 'food for thought'.

J.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The temperature of our surrounding planets are all heating up as well. Is that caused by our carbon emission? No, it's not. If you haven't learned anything about the ties between OPEC and world governments, it's that they're involved with every single industrialized nation. The profits they'll make with a carbon tax and the existing (non existent) carbon reforms they're putting on cars right now will DESTROY any profits made by conventional methods.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

The truth??? Puleeeze! This is just more Bu#e, pro-oil propaganda - plain & simple.

J.

Thanks for contributing to the thread, I always enjoy reading intellectual comments like that.

Back to the topic, Cows produce more greenhouse gases then that of cars so should we tax the cows as well? If you look at history you will see Earth temperatures moving higher and lower so this means it is natural. The temperature jumping a .5 degrees so what? that was in the 1970's.

If certain people were not making money off of this propaganda then I would contribute, but why make such a huge ($100m) profit when we are all going to die because of global warming? why? because it is a hoax. When the temperature drops a holy Al Gore will come on TV and shout I single handedly defeated global warming! and everyone who believed in global warming will bow down before the OH HOLY AL GORE!

apc

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

And 10,000 OTHER climactic scientists are of course completely confused about the causes of global warming....

And one hundred fold used to be completely confused about the earth being flat.

I wonder how much their respective governments pay them to come up with reasons for more government power and taxes.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I wonder how much Enron & Shell paid this guy to publish this report???

J.

Sad.

New data doesn't agree with your chosen beliefs, so it's automatically bogus and paid for by oil companies.

So, what ever happened to "deny ignorance"?

After all, it's not like this is the only dissenting scientific view to the "theory" of human-caused global warming.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
First off your source "newsmax" is an echo of fox news, for the last six or more years I've seen article after article of lies from this source. They just repeat what their fox news watching ignorant readers want to hear with zero regard for fact.

Now let me point to the obvious nonsense non science of your claims.

"The mechanism ... is still under discussion;

Therefore they have no FACTS to support their claims without argument.

most likely caused by

This is not scientific fact, this is hypothesis. Anyone can come up with a theory and say "well its most likely caused by...." yeah even my 82 year old grandmother can take guesses and make statements.

such cosmic rays are believed to

Again this is not scientific fact, this is guesswork. Some peoplebelieve gods, devils, ghosts and UFO's are the cause of this or that, it doesn't make any of it fact.

"Our research demonstrates that the ongoing rise of atmospheric CO2 has only a minor influence on climate change. We must conclude, therefore, that attempts to control CO2 emissions are ineffective and pointless — but very costly."

And has any of this research been peer reviewed?

Why has none of this research proved a single thing as fact?

Everything they've said is guesswork.

Keep being a sheep of your corporate masters and convince yourself that billions of tons of emissions per nation is absolutely no threat and no problem.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

The money they'll be making on continual oil production AND the global carbon tax is substantial compared to the alternative.

I used to think the same thing, my friend, but oh the tangled webs they weave.

Sorry - but the two are mutually exclusive. You can't have them both: so that argument just doesn't make sense...

J.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

In business, if you can make lots of money, with no needed expenditure, you have just guaranteed yourself a very nice bonus. This is the same reasoning behind why the government is pushing the global warming agenda. Sure, the government makes lots of money on oil and other such things, but is that going to stop them from making more money? I seriously doubt it.

However this has gotten a bit off of the topic I was more interested in discussing, which is the fact that almost all the other planets in our solar system are also undergoing global climate changes. Perhaps the government can figure out a way to tax us on that also?

Mars changes:

Orbiter's Long Life Helps Scientists Track Changes on Mars

Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Say

Venus Changes:
The Recent Evolution of Climate on Venus

Venus, Mars reveal climate change examples
European Space Agency

Jupiter Changes:

Jupiter's Spots Disappear Amid Major Climate Change

The list goes on for each planet and is readily available for all to see. I am not going to do your homework for you. Search and educate yourself on the facts as to how global warming is being caused on other planets, before blaming people on this planet.

-xmad

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Legalizer

So how did we effect mars? you obviously believe the global warming nonsense,
go read up on your history.

The Earth's climate is constantly changing over time. Many climatologists believe that the temperature of the Earth slowly fluctuates over time. In fact, several scientists estimate that between 15,000 and 30,000 years ago the Earth was covered by large sheets of ice. This period of time was known as the Ice Age. As the temperature of the Earth began to rise 7,000 years ago, the Ice Age came to an end.

I think 7000 years ago was when Moses bought his new Ferrari...wasn't it?
That was before we had power plants and gas stations, before convenience stores and coffee stores. So how did the ice age come to an end? was it us who helped contribute to the cause? Earth goes through climate shift periods when it tilts and rotates, so does every other planet.

Also, Legalizer I am going to bring you back to a thread you posted on here:

No I think that is sorta normal. Its the tide coming in and hitting frozen land. The tide should be creeping up that earth inch by inch but it turns to ice, so the next wave hits and turns to ice, so and and so on.

We had ice like that back in the early eighties in New Jersey, haven't seen it like that since though, in fact the river only froze over like once every ten years if even.

So if the globe is warming would the ice not melt?
video

[edit on 10-12-2007 by Equinox99]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent climate changes have a natural—and not a human-induced—cause, according to one scientist's controversial theory.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join