It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Evangelist- Bobbie Johnson- Who is She? Fact or Fiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I can't find anything on her except for the Eagles nest events and Maggie Valley NC and a very small wika articile of her being a Miss USA but I don't even know if its her or not.

She's supposed to be a bg time International TV Evangelist. I went to her service yesterday and I'm deeply troubled. She "spoke in tongues" that didn't impress me- sounded like gibberish to me. Honest to goodness it did. Like Jim Carey when he acts silly. And she called it the Holy spirit laughing.

And to top it off she attempted to heal people- Give me a break. I believe in God but when people start putting on a big act to prove that God exsists can be dangerious.

I think tv evangelists who act like God need to find a new job-

[edit on 12/10/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There's A LOT of fakery in new charismatic churches today.
There has been for a long time, (since the 70's)
I don't know who she is, but, I've seen a bunch in my day.
The bible says to watch out for lying signs and wonders.

I've also had the real Holy Spirit.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
There's A LOT of fakery in new charismatic churches today.
There has been for a long time, (since the 70's)
I don't know who she is, but, I've seen a bunch in my day.
The bible says to watch out for lying signs and wonders.

I've also had the real Holy Spirit.

This is what gets me- I was raised in a Baptist church but I never seen any members cutting up a shine because they are touched by the Holy Spirirt. Nor can you speak in tongues anytime you want to.

What do they prove by tricking people into thinking that the Holy Spirit is there and moving as they say?

Look how many millions they get a year.

If anyone can vouce for Bobbie Johnson- now is the time to speak up- for one I would like to hear it. Because so far I have found nothing on her.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
In response to the suggestion that the TV Evangelist was Wika'd as winning the Miss USA 1964 contest, I would like to point out that I personally know Ms. Bobbie Johnson who did win that crown of 1964, and they are NOT one and the same person. Just wanted to clear up my friend's name....

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Truthfully I stay away from the preachers on he TV, they all say the same things often contradict sound teaching and are always asking for money in exchange for miracles to appear in your life. None of the ons that pretend to speak in tounges actually speak anything but gibberish, which to me is a telltale sign of fraud to begin with, it shoudl be an actual language. The really disturbing part is how many people actually buy into these guys.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I feel that i have to put in my two pence worth on this subject.

To begin with, i am no raving charasmatic or an evangelist of any description, BUT... I have been fortunate enough to have experienced the Holy Spirit in many ways.

I admit, some of these telly evangelists are to much for me and some of them do more harm than good for our faith.
I have led home groups in the past and have seen many wonderful things happen.

So, getting back on track, in my experience tongues is the only one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit that is a permanent gift to us, I, and many others that i know can speak in tongues at will. I use it in prayer most of the time. Using tongues in public should not be done unless there is someone there who can interpret it. I have only ever been in church once when this has happened.
But it does.

Healing.
A lot of churches now have healing services and they do it because people get healed. I am not talking about little aches and pains here but healings of a physical nature.
One of the problems in Christianity is that ministers are all different, some use the gifts available to us and others don't. It looks like your church doesn't. Therefore it will be a bit alien to you but these things do happen and more often than you imagine. It is a shame that you have not experienced these things because it is such a wonderful place to be when the holy spirit is ministering to us.

If you find this amazing, I won't expand on this subject just yet as you will need time to hear other replies about these truths that i am sharing.

God bless
Jon

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I've had the fakery , I've even had prophetic dreams and visions when I was backslid and it wasn't the HOLY spirit, it was a false spirit. Lying signs and wonders. " You are going to get a million dollars tomorrow, You are healed"
and as much as you want to believe it, it's not real.
I've heard the real tongues, Where you felt like God might kill you if you're not careful. Usually it's a rebuke, because we want a God after our own making.

God doesn't play around. He demands our worship, not the false gospel.
He NEVER goes contrary to his word. "I give my Spirit to them that obey Me"
I finally got away from the vinyard churches and the churches where women were screaming so loud and giving out false prophesies.
I repented.
On the other end of the spectrum is the dry churches that are too concerned about what every bodies wearing to worship the Lord Jeshua!

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't recognize her either. Maybe she's on TBN or one of the other religious cable networks. I've known people who spoke in tongues and have seen them do it at times. I don't think they were fakes exactly; I think they sincerely believed they were communicating a spiritual experience. It just seemed like gibberish to me, like maybe they were deluded or just swept up by their own performance. As far as spiritual healing goes, I've known a lot of people who believe they've had one and some of them are normally down-to-earth and credible, so I can't say for sure that they don't happen. I don't trust the people who do it on tv though.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
Sorry, I don't recognize her either. Maybe she's on TBN or one of the other religious cable networks. I've known people who spoke in tongues and have seen them do it at times. I don't think they were fakes exactly; I think they sincerely believed they were communicating a spiritual experience. It just seemed like maybe they were deluded or just swept up by their own performance. As far as spiritual healing goes, I've known a lot of people who believe they've had one and some of them are normally down-to-earth and credible, so I can't say for sure that they don't happen. I don't trust the people who do it on tv though.

top topics

join