It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gospel Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Gospel Truth

Getting Judas wrong

www.nytimes.com...

It was a great story. Unfortunately, after re-translating the society’s transcription of the Coptic text, I have found that the actual meaning is vastly different. While National Geographic’s translation supported the provocative interpretation of Judas as a hero, a more careful reading makes clear that Judas is not only no hero, he is a demon.

the most egregious mistake I found was a single alteration made to the original Coptic. According to the National Geographic translation, Judas’s ascent to the holy generation would be cursed. But it’s clear from the transcription that the scholars altered the Coptic original, which eliminated a negative from the original sentence. In fact, the original states that Judas will “not ascend to the holy generation.” To its credit, National Geographic has acknowledged this mistake, albeit far too late to change the public misconception.

What does it actually say? It says Judas was the thirteenth demon, Ialdabaoth

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
www.experiencefestival.com...

When Ialdabaoth proclaims that he is Father and God, and that none is above him, Sophia tells him that the first and second Anthropos (heavenly man) are above him. So Ialdabaoth's sons create a man, Adam, to whom Ialdabaoth gives the breath of life, emptying himself of creative power. Having rebelled against his mother, his production is mindless and has to be endowed with mind by Sophia Achamoth -- a reference to the descent of the manasaputras. The man, thus informed, aspires away from his producer, who thereupon becomes his adversary, produces the three lower kingdoms of beings, and imprisons man in a house of clay (flesh). Ialdabaoth also makes Eve (Lilith) to deprive the man of his light powers. Sophia sends the serpent or intelligence to make Adam and Eve transgress the commands of Ialdabaoth, who casts them from Paradise into the world along with the serpent. Sophia deprives Adam and Eve of their light power, but eventually restores this power so that they awoke mentally. Here there is much the same confusion that surrounds the various meanings of Satan and the serpent.

So do you think Judas was Satan incarnate as Jesus was god incarnate?

Ialdabaoth, who is lion-headed or in the form of a lion, represents the kama principle, the false light that draws the soul into matter and struggles against its rise again to spirit. Some Gnostics held that Sophia sent Christos to help humankind when Ialdabaoth and his forces were shutting out the divine light, and Ialdabaoth, "discovering that Christos was bringing to an end his kingdom of Matter, stirred up the Jews, his own people, against Him, and Jesus was put to death" (BCW 14:161).

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If Judas was Satan personified, then why would Judas have wanted Jesus to be crucified? There is a fundamental flaw in your logic, in that Satan tried to get Jesus to turn away from his destiny back in the desert... earthly treasures and kingdoms could not sway the Son of Man.

So, if Satan tried to stop Jesus from cleansing mankind, then why would he have him crucified?!

No... the crucifixation, the betrayal, Judas himself, were all acting and being done on behalf of God, by God's will. In order to save man, Jesus had to shed blood... in order for that to happen, he needed someone who would be able to turn him over.

Would Simon or any other deciple have been able to perform this task? I think not; the reason being is that only a true friend, one who knows and understands and loves you enough would be able to sacrifice you. Jesus and Judas were closer then the others in the group, His most trusted friend (next to Mary of Mag).

Example: YOU know you are dying a slow and painful death. Most people would try to find ways to prolong your life, saying to you "Oh, you don't really want to die, you don't mean that". But you have this one friend, one whom you trust above all else, who understands all that is at risk, all that could happen... and so, he helps you do what needs to be done.

Same thing.

Judas was a friend who knew the eventual outcome. Judas was doing God's will, as well as acting on behalf of his friend. Satan would not want Jesus to wash away all sin, why would he? To propose that Satan WANTED Jesus to pay the price for us all is rather far-fetched.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Yes I understand your point completely, one, we should consider the
unreliability of the Gnostic gospels, but then I just think they were people/mystics like you and I trying to undertand.

Yes Jesus needed a Judas for fulfillment of prophecy, in that vein of thought then did God needed a Satan?

Who is God?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have trouble with the bible.. so asking me to believe in the gnostic gospels is nigh impossible.

The simple fact is there is no historical evidence that Jesus Christ ever lived and was crucified. Any "evidence" that has been found to date, has been disproved.

So that being the case, I do not think there was ever a Judas.

The bible was written by man for the purpose of controlling man. Nothing more. Anything that is being "found" now is merely extensions of that book. There are plenty of books that were not included in the bible when the Council of Nicea decided what would be allowed in and what wouldn't.

VV

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I understand, I don't think it was specifically written for control, but became a useful tool eventually.

There is a lot more to it then mets the eye if you can get passed the religious dogma.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Agreed. If you can put aside all the rhetoric and dogma of the church and focus strictly on the teachings in the New Testament, you would find the basis for Utopia.

Of course, the truly amusing thing is that the teachings of just about every religion has the same basic principles (values) so I do not understand the reason for all the bickering over religion.

VV

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValhallasValkyrie
I have trouble with the bible.. so asking me to believe in the gnostic gospels is nigh impossible.

The simple fact is there is no historical evidence that Jesus Christ ever lived and was crucified. Any "evidence" that has been found to date, has been disproved.

So that being the case, I do not think there was ever a Judas.

The bible was written by man for the purpose of controlling man. Nothing more. Anything that is being "found" now is merely extensions of that book. There are plenty of books that were not included in the bible when the Council of Nicea decided what would be allowed in and what wouldn't.

VV

I agree as time goes on and we discover more and more about the time that Christ lived. We also find that historically there is a possibility that he never walked the earth.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
That too was fortold, doesn't that make you a bit curious ?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Was Judas Satan?

NO!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
So, if Satan tried to stop Jesus from cleansing mankind, then why would he have him crucified?!

Judas was NOT SATAN!

But the question still remains.

"Satan" that was a planetary ruler gone "over to the dark side" has the "son of man and God" punished and killed.

"Satan" is "not dealing with a full deck". Satan is under the disbelief system that caused the fall of Lucifer. That's basicly a "consparicy theory" that "God the father of us all" doesn't really exist. Lucifer, Satan and others conspire that they are being put under the powers of beings that have claim to rulership through the "farther of all" (God the father), and they are saying no such power truly exists and that those that are over them in rulership are doing so through a consparicy.

The reality is that "Our Father" (God), does in fact exist. It is the rebelion that doesn't deal with a "full deck". They are confused, and can be looked at as Universally insane. They live in darkness of mind, and they can't see the light.

So that through this, one could surpose, Satan put Jesus to death thinking that it would rid Satan of Jesus, and Satan though that through putting Jesus through a painful death Satan would gain power over Jesus.

To those of us that are not confused, it's obivious that this plan wouldn't work. But again, the rebelion is a band of confusion.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I read the gospel of judas and it points to many eerie things. Tons of which ive thought about before even reading.

In short it claims that Creation is our galaxy that takes in matter through the feminine blackhole and spits it our the male side. And our ego id and superego which survive this transfer on a higher plain are in a battle for reality. This i has always been and will always be until we are one with creation. The God of the jews is the highest evolved form of life in this reality. And it teaches many natural laws that people back then would have been like what 2000 years this planet will be overfilled? the population limit in it is derived from alot of masonic teaching including the georgia guidestones.

My favorite part is when the angel Gabriel comes down and convinces mary through the power of belief/spirit she will be with child. no alien invtro and no hebrew god coming down but instead the power to create when you are in a saintly state. Others can use this power too for the darkside through the most heinous of sins. Some say good is the answer while others quote evil is the way. In a parable of the fruittrees and the weeds it shows that we need the weeds(sin) to countinue our process of growth till we ripen.

It either gives great light into the mind of spirital self power or...

It is a clever way for ancient beings to play with our f'in minds so they can harvest us for food. scary huh

Go figure that all this info is coming out through the cracks...well who made those cracks and what are they trying to get us to believe so that we move mountains...the crack makers could be using this script of life over and over on us.

Ive come to one conclusion and that If you put all the choices of whos god and if theres a god and you put the question of good and evil to them all you still only come up with one solution for good and good for society that is benefical to the children and souls of the deceased.

My answer is put woman in charge and make lie detectors a hand held device...great for presidential canidates dont ya think

Oh and one last note just because you think something in your mind doesnt mean you believe in it. It is when you act on this idea that it becomes a reality in more ways than you think.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join