It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS-Forum Request

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I hereby request a new ATS Forum entitled "Consciousness and Reality" or "Metaphysics and Consciousness".

Why? Because on the Paranormal-Forum we keep being reminded that we are not to open threads about

Meditation
Lucid Dreaming
Parallel Universes
Other Realms/Dimensions
Consciousness
Occult-Science
Reality-Models.

I disagree that lucid dreaming, meditation have "nothing to do" with the paranormal forum.

I also disagree that these topics are moved to the BTS "Spirituality and Theology" section for the following reasons:

* Not much hardcore-discussion at BTS
* A Theology Forum is no place to discuss this stuff.
* The subject is important to many.

Thanks for considering this request.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree there are a lot of skeptics in the paranormal forum, but they are there to help you question what it is you are talking about.

I would love a 'Consciousness' forum though.

If there are any takers, I'd be more than happy to post there. Much of what I do post would be related to direct experiences with the study of consciousness, which is reality, and paranormal typically means things that are not for sure 'real.'

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I wasnt talking about skeptics, which are fine with me, I was talking about Moderators who inform us that these are no topics for the paranormal forum.

So the idea would be ONE of these two things:

1. Either allow these topics in the paranormal forum

2. Or make a new forum on metaphysics, consciousness...etc. Afterall, thats where the real secrets are, right?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
So MODS and Administrators...

what do you think? Wouldnt it be a good idea to either allow these topics in the "Paranormal Forum" or create a new one?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
An excellent idea IMO.

Some of these are subjects I would like to discuss, despite being a novice, but I've yet to find a really good thread about these topics.

OK I haven't looked that hard, but if there were a forum dedicated to the subjects, I would be a frequent visitor and perhaps poster.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
  • ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

Suggestions of this sort should be directed to the thread above. Or, feel free to submit a Suggestion to have the staff and Administration of ATS review it.

Thread closed.

• new topics

top topics

join