It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straw Poll Canceled: Too Many Ron Paul Supporters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Apparently, this was both a banquet and a straw poll. The banquet cost $33 to attend and $5 to vote.

It was not made mandatory that one must attend the banquet to vote.

Many Ron Paul supporters opted out of the banquet and simply paid the $5 fee to participate in the straw poll which was to be held after the banquet.

Their money was accepted.

When it became obvious that the Ron Paul supporters far outnumbered the Fred Thompson supporters (who is the favored candidate of the event organizer) the poll was canceled.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by Alamo]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ya know what? Who cares?! The MSM is a dinosaur at this point. The internet is changing their business paradigm and they are just too slow to change their business model and adapt. In the end, canceling the straw poll got RP way more publicity anyway.

This election is going to be decided by uTube, Digg, and google!! I love how the internet revolution that has changed the way we look at politics. And what's more, you don't have to be a Ron Paul supporter. As long as you are passionate for you candidate, that's all it takes. You can make a difference.

I love this ad;

[edit on 12/9/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Unfortunately, John Edwards will be the next United States president.. Hillary is the fallback if Edwards doesn't get the support they are expecting in the polls. I however, will still be voting for Paul. (Not because I agree with all his ideas or am following some fringe movement) but because he is completely honest, no strings, grandfatherly-type figure. I know that he can be trusted to run this country, and hopefully turn it around.

I just want to say something to all the anti-Ron Paul people out there. I know a lot of people do not support Paul because they think that he's radical or extreme, or whatever your reasons might be. There seems to be this notion that if Ron Paul becomes president, everything is going to change overnight and we're going to be living in a much more different country. This of course, is not the case. You don't get rid of the IRS overnight. You have to have strong support for it in the first place, as well as any other plans you might have. Paul has even voted against his own personal views because of the support from the people. This is why I greatly respect this man. He will vote for what the people wish, even if he doesn't whole heartedly agree with it. Whether you agree with Paul's vision for America or not, I still feel he is the best choice to reflect the publics' need for change in our government. So, please don't hate on Paul or Paul supporters even if they are a little crazy. Its exciting to see this many people actually interested in government rather than turning a blind eye.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know what was going on in the world. I'm not sure where you got that impression, but I apologize if that's how you took it.

Maybe I should just ask a question rather than damning an entire viewing audience.

This thread is about Ron Paul activists being discriminated against at a straw poll. My point was that most other candidate's supporters don't get out to the candidate's events - as is aparent in the video in the OP. There is another video floating around where Huckabee supporters were encouraged to vote "as many times as they wanted" because so many Paul supporters showed up to the straw poll.

What type of activism have you done to show your support of your candidate? How many straw polls have you been to? How many meet-up group meetings have you attended?

I could care less why you dis-like us. That has nothing to do with my point.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by djcloudy

The only reason why people think Ron Paul is extreme is because he's actually moderate, and the rest of those clowns are extreme. Return to constitutional government?! What a radical!

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1
The MSM is a dinosaur at this point. The internet is changing their business paradigm and they are just too slow to change their business model and adapt.

And therein lies perhaps the last hope of the free world. I don't that's much of an hyperbole either. 'They' never really counted on people actually using the internet to learn, share information or speak against anything, by the time they figured out what was going on, conspiracy theorists and activists had already become a recognisable if not formidable demographic and it has indeed caused them to change their business paradigm. Wise statement sp00n, let's hope it's not naive though.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Ron Paul, Mike Gravel and DEnnis Cunich show me that there is hope for america, if only the mainstream media would give them coverage.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Sorry to throw cold water here, but this knight in shining armor deal with Ron Paul is getting silly.
1st, He is not going to win the Rebublican nomination, period.
2nd, He can not hope to capture the White House as a 3rd party candidate.
3rd, He could do nothing without a cooperative Congress, which he can not get with his current platform

I voted for Ron in 1988 as a protest, but his views have shifted so far out into radicalism that even a national catastrophe will not make him an acceptable candidate to more than fringe voters.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Boohoo?

I have never seen people cry and complain as much as they do about Ron Paul supporters. It's not like we're a standing army that marches around the city
blatant hysteria campaigns.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaaa
1st, He is not going to win the Rebublican nomination, period.
2nd, He can not hope to capture the White House as a 3rd party candidate.
3rd, He could do nothing without a cooperative Congress, which he can not get with his current platform

I'm still waiting for 4th: the winning lottery numbers.

or better yet ... who's going to win the NCAA championship this year .... I'd even settle for knowing who's going to be int he final four.

I'll keep checking in on this thread for the winners.

thanks ... oh, but you already knew I was going to say that - didn't you, so nevermind.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Ron Paul didn't do as well as I would have liked in the Iowa caucus. But I was impressed at how well he fared against some other Republicans. He was what, 4th or 5th? Can't tell for sure from what I read on the MSM. I adk him to stick it out and let my 50 dollar donation get its value. Ron Paul or death! Well, not really, but I don't know who I would vote for besides Ron Paul. Joe Biden already quit. Kuchinick I think quit or at least gave up. The rest? Oh crap!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join