It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straw Poll Canceled: Too Many Ron Paul Supporters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So does this mean that 'they' are trying to classify all Ron Paul supporters as nut jobs, crackpots, wackos, tinfoil hatters, conspiracy buffs, and all the other choice acronyms out there for people looking for truth and inspiring Governments to rethink the old ways?

I am going to have to switch my party to vote this time and yet I fear that once I do, my vote will be robbed into the candidates not of my choice.

Never before since I was 18 years old have I felt so disconnected with the Presidential candidates. In the beginning I voted for who I wanted, then it became voting against who I didn't want, and now its just a conundrum of monumental proportions.

Pretty sad when I take the lead from my favorite online site rather than through the general consensus of my friends and family. I cant believe that there are still millions of people asking "Ron who???" Because we run in circles that are more progressive and open to information does not reflect the major voting populations of America.

When the media squashes a candidate purposefully from the public attention, it raises serious questions to me as to what the outcome will be after the votes are in. This is disturbing and a very important indication of the direction we are being herded in.

I have all the respect for you filming this , it must be passed along to as many people as will listen to the cool voice of reason , and the heated voice of the true political views of our Nations people.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by robert204

That's just silly. If "The Other Republican Candiate" can't win without Ron Paul Supporter votes, then it is also those voters that are voting for hillary :-) They are taking away from Ron Paul! By being bound to the party they do much more disservice than to elect the best candidate.

Mtmind

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Spend a little more time researching Paul. While you find that his idea about abolishing the fed "radical", he's also very mindful of the fact that most of these changes would have to be gradual. Same principle for weaning ourselves from medicare and social security. You can't just cut those out overnight. However, I'm more than willing to have him do that with the IRS.

Research the Fed some more. It's just the beginning of the rabbit hole.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
That is very true, and I have said the same before. If Ron Paul supporters will support no-one else, then the rest of the republicans better get on board or they are responsible for giving the election to Hillary. As a Ron Paul supporter, I can assure you that this is true, I will vote for no-one but Ron Paul. I will still vote in the election, but I will skip the boxes for president if his name is not there. I have held my nose and voted in too many elections, I won't be doing that this time.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

I have done my research on the Fed. In fact, if you'll dig around a bit, you'll find that I've even debated here at ATS about whether or not the Fed should be abolished.

I only use that as an example of why I don't support Paul. I know some of you find it hard to believe anyone could not like Paul, but I just don't; and I'm not alone.

The fact remains that this video is not a big deal. As has already been mentioned, the most likely scenario is that this group of Paul supporters was most likely gathered for this purpose. In all likelihood, the purpose of this was to demonstrate how much support Paul has, and to create this outcome in order to create yet another "conspiracy" against Paul.

I put no stock in this whatsoever, as I'm sure most reasonable people who aren't Paul supporters would agree.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I don't understand why people keep touting straw polls as a measure of Ron Paul's support. Straw polls are very meaningless.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtonwater

I agree with Ron Paul's general ideas about massive change in government, but his specifics need alot of work. For example, getting rid of the IRS. Does he propose the 'fair' tax ? If so, I have done some reading on this tax and first of all it is anything but fair. Second of all you get rid of the IRS but have to have other agancys created for various monitoring of the new tax.

Watch some of his videos. He proposes ZERO income tax. How? Eliminate wasteful government spending, bring our troops home and overhauling our foreign policy. By doing this, Paul says we have plenty of money to take care of our military (of course, those black budget projects might suffer) and national security.

This is what gets me. Someone tried to talk to you about Paul but you weren't interested, so they guy tried to talk to you. You thought he was weird because of the inside job stuff. Now you're in this forum wanting to know where he stands. And, because you don't know you're going to automatically assume that he supports the fair tax? You've heard soundbites, now its time to listen to the whole record.

The purpose of this site is to DENY IGNORANCE. If you want to know more about Paul, do some research. Don't ASSUME that you know where he stands on the issues. Educate yourself.

In fact, one of Paul's main talking points is that he wants government off of our backs, out of our homes and out of our wallets. He wants YOU to be to knowledgeable and take care of YOURSELF. Government shouldn't have to take care of you cradle to grave.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't really care if if certain Republicans support Ron Paul. I do, and I have voted party line Republican for 20 + years. The fact is the government has grown way too powerful and it's time to trim it back a little. If he loses, we all lose, so be it.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well, again the ignorance of the brainwashed general public is not shocking but it still is very disappointing and frustrating every time you see it.

It is true that there are a lot of people out there who don't know who Ron Paul is. When it gets to that point you know that our political system is corrupted beyond any hope of recovering.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Wow. Congratulations.

You have just summed up the reasons why I can't stand Paul supporters. You have a tendency to think that you are the only people who "really" know what's going on in the world.

You assume that everyone who isn't a Paul supporter is just some mindless drone who pays no attention to current events. You try and make it seem like no sensible person could possibly have a different opinion than yourself. In short, you are pushing the same kind of senseless rhetoric you say you are so adamantly opposed to.

Yeah…go Paul.

Please don't make such an assumption. You know what happens when you do that...

I personally support the guy, I'm surprised such idea aren't more common, they were years ago... I'm curious about why you don't like him - there are some valid arguments, I think his virtues outweigh them, but that's me.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I only use that as an example of why I don't support Paul. I know some of you find it hard to believe anyone could not like Paul, but I just don't; and I'm not alone.

Why don't you support Ron Paul? He is what we need right now.

Why do you support the candidate that you support?

I see you are from the bible belt. Is this why you don't support Dr. Paul? Is it because he has not said he will not support gay marriage? Or because he has not made a big deal out of the abortion issue? Is it because he is the only candidate that spells out the REAL issues that effect our nation?

One of the reasons JFK was killed was because he was going to do what Ron Paul is going to do.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have copied this into my hard disk just in case the crap hits the fan. I am not surprised at all.
RP, to me, is kind of a catch 22. I want him to win, but if he wins, he'll be shot. If I vote for him, I am voting for a mans death. I have mixed emotions about this.

I will vote for him (shortly after viewing this footage and sending it to my whole contacts list, I registered for the Republican party), but my vote is more of a symbolic gesture that the mainstream Reps and Dems suck than an attempt to get him elected.

One would ask, than why vote if not to win?
Because I believe that this movement will grow, and if I gave up on it now I would be doing an injustice to all the American people.

well this all has shades of Ross Peroit,all over again.Ron P cant get the rep slot and if he runs as an indepedent, he will pull many away from the rep. canidate.so a vote for Ron P is a vote for a clinton again!

Wait for it..... wait for it.... BAM!!! You do understand that we do not live in a country with only two parties. It is the right as an individual to vote or not, and to vote for whomever one wants to.
RP wont be pulling votes from any side, he is making his own side. I hate the "Anyone but _____" politics. This is propaganda put out by either of the two parties. Vote for who you want to be president.... period. If Rudy is your candidate, go for it. If Hillary is your candidate, go for it. But if "Anyone but ____" is your candidate, YOU are the reason American Democracy is failing.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucky One

Here we go again with the generalizations from Paul supporters. Naturally since I'm from Kentucky and generally labeled as "conservative" I couldn't possibly care about real issues in the world could I? Obviously the only things things I could possibly be worried about are gay marriage and abortion, right? Please.

Who I support and why is not important. The candidate I choose to support and the reasons why are a personal issue to me, and one that I don't care to flaunt around. I will however, voice my opinion on those I disagree with and against things I disagree with. I will support my decisions with logic and reason however if needed.

As I've said, who I choose to vote for in the end is a personal decision and one I wont be sharing. I can tell you however I will do whatever it takes to stop Hillary or anyone like her from becoming President.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Lucky One

Here we go again with the generalizations from Paul supporters.

When did I say I was a Ron Paul supporter?

I dont support the world banks that have taken our country back in 1913, that is a fact.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Logic and reason me this... Our entire monetary system is based on fiat currency that holds no tangible value other than what the fed assigns to it - how could you support any candidate that wants to maintain that status quo?

Logic and reason me this... Our tax code now stands over 4 feet tall when stacked upon itself and is nearly impossible for the average American to find the loopholes that the wealthy hire top-notch attorneys and accounts to exploit. As a result, the wealthiest Americans are NOT paying a representative share of taxes relative to their income. How can you suppost any candidate that wants to maintain that status quo?

logic and reason me this... We are racking up over $1M per minute in national debt, a figure that can never be paid off with out current system of spend and spend. As a result, foreign governments are loath to continue supporting our system of fiat currency as the debt load is likely to continue to devalue the dollar to below depression level value. Our current debtor system is dependent upon foreign governments investing in our securities which is becoming increasingly less likely to continue - China, Japan, Iran and many other OPEC nations are recommending that oil be traded in Euros. This will cripple our economy beyond repair. Why do you support candidates that have no plan to fix this problem as only Ron Paul has articulated a fix to this mess?

Logic and reason me this... All of the other candidates are active members of AIPAC, CFR, etc... and are establishment candidates. CAndidates that we know support things like NAFTA, GATT and the NAU. These candidates are intent on furthering their agendas and not those of the vast majority of Americans. Doubt me, simply take a look at the referendum handed to Democrats in the '06 elections to end the war with Iraq (Which they campaigned on) and they have failed to do so. They campaigned on controlling spending but have failed to do so. Supporting the mainstream candidates guarantess more of the same. How do you feel about that?

I could go on and on for pages, but let's just start with a these few basics. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I just watched this video. I was work earlier and could'nt. I am not a Ron Paul supporter at all. As a matter if fact, it is very scary that he even has support in the single digits. He proposes changes that are so radical, that if he were president the entire govenrment would effectively be frozen. We definatley need change, but it has to be done in a sane matter. Getting rid of the IRS and just having no income tax is .... I can't even think of a word for it.

By all means get this out so as many people as possible see it. It reminds me of those troothers that disrupt organized events by yelling and waving signs. Please get this out so more people can see how Ron Paul supportes are like.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Why couldn't the Ron Paul supporters just go without having signs showing who their voting for and keep quiet about who their voting for then they would have been able to vote and see the results. And hell maybe even go into these place showing their support for the candidate that the polling place is leaning toward and vote for Ron Paul and see how the voting results turns out.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Why couldn't the Ron Paul supporters just go without having signs showing who their voting for and keep quiet about who their voting for then they would have been able to vote and see the results. And hell maybe even go into these place showing their support for the candidate that the polling place is leaning toward and vote for Ron Paul and see how the voting results turns out.

Many people did not have signs. Plus the largest sign in the room was the big banner on the back wall that said "Fred Thompson".

I guess it would be more effective to be sneaky, but then people would accuse them of being sneaky.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtonwater
Getting rid of the IRS and just having no income tax is .... I can't even think of a word for it.

I have a few words for it. Save me 1/3 of my families income!

Almost ALL of your community service is from property, sales tax, gas tax, liquor tax, cigarette tax and the thousand other taxes. Most of your income tax goes to the federal reserve and interest to pay our debt.

The crooks and pigs have fed at the feds trough long enough. Please get informed.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Let's see. I go to a cafe where the people are going to vote on what foods they like best, and I pay the cover charge to get in. Now just because the owner is sure that his favorite, pork, will win, he wants to call this a real poll, so it will sound good and persuade other people that pork is good, he acts like it's an "open" and fair poll.

But when I show up with friends, and we make it clear that we like beef, he calls off the poll.

And somehow there are people on this forum that don't see anything wrong with the lies and distortions of those pork bellies?

What a world.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join