It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straw Poll Canceled: Too Many Ron Paul Supporters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

SF Straw Poll
I paid my $33 for the dinner and vote. A $5 option was also offered to vote after the festivities. We patiently listened to the guest speaker support Fred Thompson and talk on the issues of water and budget problems in California. They then held a raffle, while all the "cheap" voters waited in the lobby. When they finally let them in, the room was flooded with Ron Paul supporters and the organizer notified us the poll was cancelled. I started the video after the initial announcement and pandemonium broke out. The sudden cancellation and an attempt to change the rules, understandably, upset quite a few people.

Wow. Speechless at this point.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Is this your video SO?

Was there any main stream media coverage?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
More background needed:

Was this a private poll or some public thing that had no right to be superseded by the organizers?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
As far as I know, it was a straw poll conducted by the local party leaders. They have the right to do what they want with their poll, but just because they have the right doesn't make what they did right.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I am going to try to get this on the air at my local TV station, though I'm not holding my breath.

This is certainly the most blatant action yet to show that the old "party system" is (sadly) alive and well.

I am hoping that a decent showing in Iowa by Ron Paul will make it impossible for the "shunning" to continue. I would hope that someone records the voting there independently of MSM, for if this trend turns up in the primaries, then we can be sure that the election is rigged from the start.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Just another blatant show of how politricks are played and how they work.

And then we wonder how many people still believe that we have a fair political system in place.

I guess Mr. Ron Paul is getting too hot to handle.

BTW (I do not support any candidates at this time)

SO I hope the 35 dollar dinner was worth it.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
::shakes head::

Man this is unreal! Its obvious Ron Paul votes are going to get tossed out like last nights meatloaf come voting time.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Alright, up until this point I would merely dismiss the extremity of the anti-Ron Paul/Fear of Ron Paul movement within media and in the organizers of such events.

Come on.

While no doubt we could use some more background information, this is blatant and absolutely ludicrous. I'm at a loss for "family friendly" words to express myself. I knew I should have taken that opportunity to move to Switzerland, I knew it! I've felt downtrodden but now I've lost most if not all hope. Could this just be a rare case? A single event? There's truly no more hope in believing that.

Such a ridiculous illusion.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have a feeling this is going to get uglier before someone starts giving Ron Paul and the millions supporting him some respect.

Nice video, sad it happens though.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
They're petrified; shaking in their boots and peeing their pants over the reality that Ron Paul can no longer be contained. The "they" is the old guard establishment and they don't know what to do as the armed peasants amass at the gates waiting to storm the castle.

This isn't the first such event. I read a story just the other day of a similar straw poll faux paux by the Pinellas County GOP. The chairperson there, a GHOULIANI supporter, changed the rules to rig that poll as well.

The funny thing is that the harder they try to rig the outcome of this election, the further they expose themselves as the fauds that they are. I hope they realize that if the will of the voters goes unheeded in this election cycle that there is probably going to be an armed revolution in the streets of DC with politicians hanging from street signs and light poles. And these assclowns had better realize that the military is NOT going to come to their rescue. Hell, I expect many will take part in the lynching.

Let the games begin!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You Ron Paul people never give up. No matter how badly he is beaten in the upcoming election, you will all be crying that he was cheated or had the election stolen from him. You will never accept defeat in this.

Up until recently I had wondered what so many people here would have to complain and whine about once Bush left office. Now I've figured it out though. You will be able to complain about how Ron Paul was cheated out of office by whoever wins for at least 4 years.

If something like this happened because there were too many Romney supporters or something, it wouldn't be a big deal at all. And don't try to tell me it would be either, because I know how fanatical the Paul supporters are.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Riddle me this.

Whats the difference between the DNC and RNC????

Answer Nuttin'

Roper

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Could this be a foreshadowing of things to come in the primaries and later the elections?
I think so.

The Republican party will be in shambles after this election. No doubt that they'll come up with some sort of scheme to contend with the Democratic party after they nominate their "top tier" candidate and Ron Paul decides to run as an Independent. Hundreds of thousands will defect from both parties to vote for Ron Paul.

There will be chaos and riots will ensue. The rEVOLution has begun.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is hilarious. The more they try to shut him down, the more attention he will get.

Makes me smile.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

It couldn't happen with Romney because he doesn't have the support.

Yes, we're fanatical, though, we like to call ourselves passionate. You're not. That's why it could never happen with Romney. You wouldn't show up because you'd be at home watching re-runs of Marie Osmond on Dancing with the Stars.

(if you're not a Romney supporter - substitute your candidate in the place of "Romney" in the above reply)

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

So when the "Republicant" party acts in an underhanded manner towards a candidate running on their ticket, that's OK by you? And you're also able to predict the future so that you know Ron Paul can't win, and how his supporters would act in a situation that hasn't arose?

My, I bet you're a ton of fun at parties.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just saw this on Drudge. I'm a Paul supporter and have been since early this year. I started looking at the candiates, went to his website and read through his beliefs and positions on various issues.

I had to go back several times because I thought that this has to be some kind of joke. Surely, nobody in Washington actually DOES what they say they will do. Surely, nobody in Washington actually retains their MORALS and INTEGRITY.

Mind you this was well before any primaries or all the hype that has since followed.

Going by what I read in the article, the dinner was put on by the 'Republican Alliance'? I'm guessing that they support Fred Thompson or perhaps this was a dinner to highlight one of the *chosen* candidates of the Republican party?

But, here you have a straw poll open to the public, where anyone can buy a ticket for $5 allowing them to vote after the dinner/raffle. But, because it was obvious that Paul supporter's might outnumber the folks attending the dinner, they cancel it? Why, because the chosen individual for that night, Fred Thomson, wouldn't win? Welcome to the new democracy folks. I find it hard to believe, even with clear example of censorship like this, that people still want to support the same "business as usual" candidates that are out there. You really think Hillary or Obama or Giuliani or McCain or Romney or even Hucakabee will be any different? This country needs a new direction altogether, one that returns us to some solid principles that this nation was founded on.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of all the crap and name calling that Paul supporter's get. Do I vote in online polls? Sure I do. But, I only vote once. I'm not like the guy who voted 80 times for Mitt Romney (where you had to buy a ticket), when you should have only voted once. Yet, we're the bad guys.

This is garbage. I hope the Paul campaign jumps on this as well as the recent headlines about Iran and it's nuclear program. How many times now has Paul said that Iran isn't a threat, but we hear Bush time and time again warning us of the danger of Iraq and it's secret nuclear program.

I'd bet that if Paul were for the war on terrorism, he'd be a top tier candidate in a heartbeat.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm actually starting the like the names we, as Ron Paul supporters are called. I think my favorite is Paultard. I'm not sure why.

Since the constitution is the foundation of the USA, without the foundation we will fail. Without it we are left with government run wild, no rules, just whatever they want, they get, which is pretty much what we have today.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is one of the most important videos ever posted on this web site. Well done. I think everyone should e-mail the link to everyone they know. This should become one of those viral videos. The planet needs to see this.

Thanks, SO.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The link was just taken off the drudge. It was on there for a few hours, and the views on the Youtube channel were frozen.

It was on drudge for just a couple hours. Hmmm....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join