It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steak Marinade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Here is what I do......

Put your raw steak in a container that you can seal later.
Start going through the cupboards and adding just about anything and everything you can find.

I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, a tiny bit of chili powder, worcestershire sauce, tabasco, bbq sauce, honey, A1 sauce, and last but not least.........Beer. I don't use a whole lot of beer, just enough to keep it semi thick.

Make sure the meat is bathing in your marinade then seal it up, put it in the fridge for a day or so, then cook it up on the grill!

Feel free to add any other ingredients that may sound good.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I marinate both chicken and steaks in Italian dressing (not at the same time in the same bowl of course). It's delicious!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
I marinate both chicken and steaks in Italian dressing (not at the same time in the same bowl of course). It's delicious!

Doh! I forgot Italian dressing. I agree, great stuff for marinade

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I don't eat steak, but I do prepare it for my husband.

I use bottled marinades and bottled steak spices. But I've occassionally spiked the dry rubs with curry powder and he likes it, so it might be worth a shot, if you want to try something different.

I'll try your marinade the next time I have to cook steak for him since I have all the ingredients you mentioned.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Steak BBQ Marinate
1/3 bbq sauce

1/3 hienz 57 sauce

and for a kick

1/3 cayenne pepper sauce OR

for sweet

1/3 honey

then salt, white pepper

Cook in oven or grilled

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian

Try this with wings, just fry em up then toss with the dressing, just Drool.

Wing sauce:

2 cups cayenne pepper sauce

1/2 cup Honey

1/8 cup Dijon Mustard

For mild sauce add half stick or 1/4 to 1/2 cups of butter the more butter the milder the sauce, heat stir and mix with cooked wings.

More chicken marinade:

JERK CHICKEN MARINADE
1 medium onion, chopped
2 green onion, chopped
2 Scotch bonnet chiles, coarsely chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon Ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon thyme, crumbled
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 chicken breast halves, boneless skinless

1. Prepare marinade and refrigerate chicken breasts[or whatever kind of ckn] in it overnight.
2 Grill or oven bake

Steak:
Peppercorn Beef Kabobs
1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
1 1/2 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, cut into 12 wedges
Cherry tomato halves, optional

1. Cut beef steak into 1-inch pieces.

2. Combine peppercorns, salt, paprika and garlic in shallow dish. Add beef, toss to coat. [you can let this sit overnight]

3. Thread an equal number of beef pieces onto each of four 12-inch skewers along with three onion wedges.

4. Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 9 to 12 minutes for rare to medium, turning occasionally.

5. Garnish with tomatoes, if desired.

Trust me I cook for rich and famous people.

LDF

[edit on 5-12-2007 by LDragonFire]

[edit on 5-12-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I like to keep the marinade simple on the few occasions when I now eat steak.

Soy and ginger in a container, drop the steak in,lid on and give it a good shake.

Leave in the firdge for up to 2 hours then cook medium rare.
Serve with buttered new potatoes, broccolli, sweetcorn and a small side salad.

Yummy

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I just have one question about sugar in a marinade because people have mentioned BBQ sauce and honey that are sweet.

Don't you find that the sugar causes scotching or a burnt exterior before the meat has a chance to cook ???

Or am I doing it wrong.......

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I just have one question about sugar in a marinade because people have mentioned BBQ sauce and honey that are sweet.

Don't you find that the sugar causes scotching or a burnt exterior before the meat has a chance to cook ???

Or am I doing it wrong.......

Yes garlic will do this too, if your cook time is two hours, then about 15 minutes before its done sprinkle with sugar, then finish cooking, this should give you a type of sugary crust. But you have to watch it, might be 12 minutes or up to 20 minutes.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Marinade for whatever, or salad dressing. Personally, it's great for pork.

All ingredients to taste:

Chopped green onions
Coarse black pepper
Soy sauce
Sesame oil
Squeeze of fresh lemon or dash of lemon juice

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
try the following....for beef marinate in apple juice fresh minced garlic and Jack daniels. Mix the apple juice with the whiskey 3 to 1 and garlic to taste.

let stand overnight and remove in the morning. Then sprinkle with OLD BAY seafood spice (in the big yellow can) wrap in plastic wrap and place back in the fridge. Grill the steaks when you get home from work....They will be the best you ever had!!!!! If you like your meat cremated...then save the marinade and reduce it until it starts to thicken then drizzle it over the meat before serving. Absolute wonderful flavor...

Kafer

[edit on 3-1-2008 by kaferwerks I cant type
]

[edit on 3-1-2008 by kaferwerks]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I just wanted to stop by and say that because of these wonderful mainades you folks have offered that I've included this section in a small commercial promo spot for BelowTopSecret, mentioning that I used one of your folks recipes for my ladyfriend.. You can hear about it in any one of our new ATSmix shows. (I believe the most recent one would be the SkepticOverview episode:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=3869253#pid3869253

I can't wait to see what else you folks offer up..

Johnny

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Dale's. Probably the best steak marinade I've ever had.

And DON'T use salt until it's done cooking, you'll dry out the meat.

Mrs. Dash makes a GREAT steak rub because it's salt free and oh so tasty!

Also, while it's cooking, I like to occasionally spash it with beer. Really helps keep it nice and moist.

[edit on 1/10/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

That's great Johnny, the "Food and Cooking" forum can use the boost.

We've actually put together a pretty good collection of fantastic recipes and kitchen tips over time. I do contribute were I can, but I also refer to past threads for ideas. Some of the recipes I've tried have turned out great or inspired me to try something different.

Thanks for the plug.

top topics

join