It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endeavour/ISS Anomolous Images

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Here's a couple of interesting images from NASA's latest Endeavour Mission to the ISS. I have circled and blown-up what appears to be an object/objects of interest in image 09. Is it a satellite, space debris, two stars, a comet? I'm not really sure. Could it be something more exotic perhaps? The sky appears to be without stars except for this luminous object/s. Is it possible to see stars (if that's what it is) this close to the magnetic force of the earths atmosphere?

home.iprimus.com.au...

In image 10, we see what appears to be the same two objects entering the earths atmosphere. Is this coincidence (in relation to image 09), a trick of the light perhaps? Is it even the same object/s? I'll leave it in the capable hands of the ATS members to decide.

home.iprimus.com.au...

Cheers,
InfaRedMan

[edit on 2-12-2007 by InfaRedMan]

[edit on 2-12-2007 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Your first link just comes up with a 404, but your second one is interesting.

Cant really tell what is / they are, I'm guessing if it should be there in orbit it should be pretty easy to dismiss.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
First link fixed
Edit to add: looks like reflections to me...

[edit on 2/12/2007 by internos]

jra

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
My guess would be that it's a reflection off the window since these photos were taken from inside the ISS.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Probably ice, or some sorta space debris. Just my guess though, I could be wrong.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Looks like a multi-layer glass reflection to me:
two palallel objects suggests it to me, but of course i could be wrong.
Here is visible another reflection with a parallel effect:

two or more layers glass, i'd guess

[edit on 3/12/2007 by internos]

jra

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I figured out what it is exactly. It's from the Sunlight reflecting off that thing that's hanging down from the ISS, (not sure what it is), and then reflecting off the ISS window or even with in the lens of the camera. I've seen the effect in other photos. Not sure what it's called or what the exact technical explination is.

Here are two of the photos compared. Note that the "UFO" stays in the exact same spot relitive to that object that's hanging from the ISS in two seperate photos.

originals:
s118e07997
s118e07998

Here's a good, extreme example of the effect from the same mission. s118e07973

EDIT: beat me to it internos

[edit on 3-12-2007 by jra]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yeah I think your right. They look very similar!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I have been trying to find ISS Images on the net. I find that most of those i have found look more like cgi renditions and have plainly artificial looking star fields. Those that appear genuine have the star fields blacked out. I have only found a few that look genuine in all aspects. These few images appear to show ufo's similar in configuration to those in various files available to view on youtube. Research this independently yourselves, See what you think.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by reddog694

No these are definitely reflections mate. I think the hypothesis that they were UFO's was sufficiently disproved by the savvy members here at ATS. This is an old and very dead thread!

Nothing to see here!

IRM

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by reddog694
I have been trying to find ISS Images on the net. I find that most of those i have found look more like cgi renditions and have plainly artificial looking star fields. Those that appear genuine have the star fields blacked out

I have yet to see any stars in photos of the ISS taken from close proximity. The reason is they are generally much too faint to be recorded by the camera taking the photos. The light level in photos such as we see above (op) are extremely high due to reflection from the pale coloured structures of the space station. The camera's optics will therefore be adjusted accordingly. Either a small aperture and/or short shutter speed ensures no stars will appear in the images. It simply isn't possible to record both ISS and stars at the same time without compromising the quality of the most important subject.

WG3

new topics

top topics

join